fbpx

? Museum Putty

Home Forums Miscellany Community ? Museum Putty

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kasie
    Participant

Kasie
      Participant

For those of you who use it, does it mess up the felt? Are you able to move your Windstones when ever you want or once you stick them down they have to stay there? I’m wanting to know cause my husband got a new surround sound in the living room where my dragons are and I would realy like to protect them.

Bob

AdaraSky wrote:

For those of you who use it, does it mess up the felt? Are you able to move your Windstones when ever you want or once you stick them down they have to stay there? I’m wanting to know cause my husband got a new surround sound in the living room where my dragons are and I would realy like to protect them.

I have it under every Windstone I put in the cases when I bought the cases. I have no issues what so ever. At Home Depot they called it Earthquake Putty. It said you can break the connection with fishing string if the item does not break the suction when you twist it. I LOVE it so far

Kasie
          Participant

Do you have it on wood or glass? Mine will be going mainly on wood and I don’t want it to mess up the finish. Oh and what about the felt.

Bob

I have 2 glass display cases but it should work the same for wood. It’s GREAT stuff

Participant

I concur it works really well. If you’re worried about messing up the pads, just put a few small balls around the edge of the pad where there is painted gypsum. That way it will have mininum contact with the pad.

I have found no problem moving it. Just remember to twist as you lift and the seal should be broken just fine.

Here is a demo/instruction video:

http://quakehold.com/videoqhputty.html

Use the putty, but steer away from the “gel” (clear) because it might soak into the pad. The regular white putty should be fine though.

Bob

I would NEVER use the gel especially on felt. I’m pretty sure gel is oil based and I would NOT trust it. I have been VERY happy with the putty

Kasie
                  Participant

Thanks. This helps. Tomorrow I have two curios comming so now I know the putty works well with glass and wood. 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.