Multicolor Wolf!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Multicolor Wolf!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

My latest watercolor adventure! I really had no idea what to do with the pyo wolf. I decided on doing a red, orange, yellow, blue, and purple scheme, and I just started painting, with no plan. I really had no idea how he would turn out. I don’t really know what to think of him now 😆

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n311/saydee72/IMG_5007.jpg?t=1167426073
    http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n311/saydee72/wolfy-pyo.jpg?t=1167426075
    http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n311/saydee72/IMG_5003.jpg?t=1167426076

He was definatly the hardest of the pyo’s for me to do. I had to use a cheaper watercolor brand because my other set didn’t have any good shades of red. The paint really didn’t want to stick in some places, like on his haunches and the back of his neck. I found out that when the blue and red were blended, it became a brown mess, so I had to use violet and purple a lot when blending. Some places, like on the primarys and secondarys, that was kind of unavoidable, so I’m not really very pleased about how that came out.
    So yah, I really want your guys opinion on him. Sorry the pictures arn’t great, I need to take some more.

Skigod377
    Participant

He is alot better than what I pictured when reading what colors you used! The wings look like a rainbow! I love it! The wings esp! The only thing I would change is the darkness of that line running down his nose. I like the back of his head, too.

littleironhorse
      Participant

In my opinion, his best features are the wings. I’m afraid I’m not crazy about the body though. I do prefer natural colors on the wolves however so that might taint my opinion, but I don’t mind crazy colors on the wings.

frozendragon
        Participant

that’s pretty cool looking….

Maria
          Participant

Very bright and wild, Saydee. You really should smooth the edges where the colors change, especially on the wing edges, and get rid of that loose red splotch on one feather if you can. Other than that, he sure brightens any gray day.

That’s crazy and I think cool- but I’ve been around the online art communities where I’ve seen things like purple wolves and such so wild colours aren’t new and shocking to me. XD We’ren’t your past watercolour ones a bit more washed out, or did you just choose more subdued colours? For some reason this reminds me of the bright bold things kids would paint- and that’s not a bad thing!

I think he looks awesome! 😀

Lokie
            Participant

I like the stripe going from his head to his nose.

SPark
              Participant

He is one wild wolf.

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

WoW! He is AWESOME! Why do I keep thinking of Skittles? I really like the wings especially, but I’d maybe add the rainbow effect to the backs too instead of just blue, or maybe fade it into purple. I still think it is really cool! Reminds me a little of that rainbow griffin I never finished. LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

drag0nfeathers wrote:

WoW! He is AWESOME! Why do I keep thinking of Skittles? I really like the wings especially, but I’d maybe add the rainbow effect to the backs too instead of just blue, or maybe fade it into purple. I still think it is really cool! Reminds me a little of that rainbow griffin I never finished. LOL!

Oh, how I tried to make the back of the wings rainbowy! I repainted them 5 times. I wanted to have the blue fade to purple, and eventually to yellow, so it would be kinda opposite of the wings, but it just refused to work for some reason. The yellow kept gettin really muddy, and the paint wouldn’t stick and urg. So eventually I painted it green and yellow, which obviously didn’t work, so I wiped that off and just used blue. Mer.

Rainbow griffin!

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Oooooh I see, yea, yellow is a very fickel color. It’s hard to mix with anything really except orange. At least that’s what I seem to find out while blending paints.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Maria
                    Participant

How come you gave up on the rainbow griff, drag0n?

Starbreeze
                      Participant

I love the wings and I like the stripe on his head.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.