moonbeam´s PYO

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone moonbeam´s PYO

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    moonbeam
    Participant

I just nearly finished my very first PYO – A wolf I named Haru, because it´s spring and I think he is a very cheerful being 🙂

It was really adventurous and funny to get all the materials I wanted because it seems that nearly all of the acrylic paints you get here in Germany are too thick for the PYOs although the nice ladys in the artstores said I could use any of the paints… When I asked if there were any differences in the quality (beacuse I wanted to have good paints not some that will loose their color in sunlight or come off the figure like I read some of the cheap ones tend to do) they said there were no differences… Why I don´t just use Lacquers one of them wanted to know and looked at me like I was stupid when I said I would rather take the acrylic paint because I read that laquers are not recommended for these pieces. What a nice lady!
      It also seems there are no things like antiquing mediums here. So after getting nearly the same answers at different artstores I finally ordered everything online from a store in UK.

And after anxiously awaiting all the materials, yesterday I finally had the time to paint him 🙂
      I was soooo nervous when I started but it was great fun and I think for my first piece he turned out really well, but I´m still unsure if I should antique him or not. I think I like him the way he is so I will just have to put a nice finish on him then he is ready for display.
      I hope you like him!

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Awe! He came out so good! *gush* I love the name! I have a wee little kitty named Haru ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Adaneth
        Participant

Very nice work! I really like how you painted the wings. 🙂

Stephanie
          Participant

I love him!

Carolyn
            Participant

He’s great . Beautiful detail on his wings . Just love him . Your very talented .

dragonmedley
              Participant

He’s beautiful! Very warm colors.

You can dilute acrylic paints, if that makes your life easier for next time.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

He’s beautiful! I love the colours and the way you painted the wings, very nice work!

Kelly
                Participant

Very nice! I think you did a great job on the feathers, nice detail and your blending and shading is great. 🙂

moonbeam
                  Participant

Thank you very much for all your nice comments! I´m glad you like him!

You can dilute acrylic paints, if that makes your life easier for next time.

Yes I know and I did with the paints I have now (liquitex soft body), but it was a bit of a battle in the beginning between too much and not enough thinner. Most of the time I used too much :p I don´t want to imagine how much I would have used with thicker paints…
                    But I think now I know the basics and I won´t have so much problems next time.
                    Can´t wait for my holidays, then I will have time to do the next piece!

This really is addictive… 🙂

moonbeam
                    Participant

I used my holidays well and here is my first dragon. He does not have a definite name yet.
                      Originally he was inspired by the different colors of the leaves when the sun shines through them. But… Whenever I look at him he reminds me of the colors on the leaves of my Avocado-Plant :p
                      But Avocado really is no name for a dragon, don´t you think?
                      Anyway here he is 😀

Stephanie
                      Participant

He’s beautiful! And I think the name Avocado is adorable. 😀

Hannah
                        Participant

Avocado is perfect! I just sold a small dragon that I had named Artichoke 😛

He’s beautiful!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

dragonmedley
                          Participant

Avocado suits him beautifully!

I love him. The greens just flow so well from one to the next!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

littleironhorse
                            Participant

Originally he was inspired by the different colors of the leaves when the sun shines through them.

I think you captured that perfectly!

Purplecat
                              Participant

mmmmmm….now I want guacamole!

he turned out lovely, by the way! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 146 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.