fbpx

Moon Griffin

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Moon Griffin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Sorry to start a new thread! I have a few photos of her that I didn’t upload though so they’re here if you want.

The Moon Griffin mother! This is a repeat of the gallery description, but:
        Here’s the mother Moon Griffin! Named for her gemstones and color flashes. Each dark band on her flashes with a pretty blue-violet depending on your viewing angle. Her white areas have a very subtle blue shimmer too. She has moonstones in her necklace and on her butt jewelry, and an opal in her tailband. She’s so much better looking in person! These photos were taken with ambient outdoor lighting. I hated sending her off, I think she’s prettier than the Sun Griffin (probably part of being a girl…)!

I was going to do her jewelry in silver… but it would have looked way too weird against her warm browns! And I didn’t want to give her silver claws, so I went with gold. If I do a grey color scheme I might try silver jewelry.

Here’s one more for scale- the moon griffin sitting on an 8.5″ x 11″ sheet of paper! That’s a sketch I sent with her as a thank you to whomever her new owners are. It’s from me personally, not Windstone. This also gives you a look at her colors with indoor lighting.

Wing detail:

Detail of her claws/jewelry…
        A note about the moonstones. They are translucent, meaning whatever color is behind them will show though. Well, the special glue I used to glue the cabochons in is white, and dries clear. It is set, but not fully dry, and is still white. With time, it will turn clear, and the backing inside is black. That means in a week or three, her moonstones will be nearly clear, with bright flashes of blue across them! They flash blue as it is, but some of it is not visible against the white background. I hope that makes sense!

Skigod’s right…. momma griffin has a big butt!!

NEVER thought I’d use these lilac colored eyes (lavender… whatever you want to call them) but they really work on her! πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Oh yes she is stunning πŸ˜€

lamortefille
        Participant

Stunning is the word I picked, too: -)

I already posted in your Gallery, but I gotta say it again.

Niiiiiiiice.

I love the hints of colour on all those feathers. So pretty. You’ve outdone yourself on this one!

Oh My I love her, I like her even better than the male, she is most stunning.

Starbreeze
          Participant

Since “stunning” is taken, I’ll have to settle for fabulous…which she is!!!! πŸ˜€

wolflodge100
            Participant

Once again…WOW…beautiful!!

Purplecat
              Participant

OMG! She supendiferous (my son’s best word!)!!!!!!!!!! I could never afford her but she is WOW! Saving pic to the “wish I could” file!

Tyrrlin
                Participant

*whimpers*

Must…win…lottery

She beautiful, Nam!

Windstone collector in remission. πŸ˜‰

Sarah
                  Participant

Very impressive, she’s gorgeous! πŸ˜€

We need a drooling smilie.
                    Very nice work.

ladybrooklyn
                    Participant

Oh NAM!

You have outdone yourself…

Wow… She is FABULOUS!!!!

I’m so tempted to go get a major CC just for her… I’d LOVE to have her sitting pretty on my mantle… Words just cannot describe the detail and love that went into her!

If I were you… I’d have finished her… fallen in love… and tried to substitute her so she could live with me! HA HA!

I can’t WAIT to see what she sells for… judging from the Male Gryphon… Holy CATS!!!

truely, truely, stunning. 8)
                      splendiferous.

worth every penny whoever wins her.

are you also going to be doing chicks next?

what is your next project?

Allison
                      Participant

I’m actually kind of glad I’m dirt poor right now. If I had the money, I’d be going crazy trying to figure out who to buy: the Sun Griffin, the Moon Griffin, the White Secret Keeper or the Autumn Leaf Secret Keeper 😯 πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 155 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.