fbpx

*Meowmix101's PYOs*

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone *Meowmix101's PYOs*

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 581 total)
  • Author
    Landipan
    Participant

Look what came in the mail today! Finnabair Art Alchemy Opal Magic paints! After seeing these on Tig3r06’s Pyo thread I had to try ’em out myself, I love iridescent duo-tone colors and these just looked so pretty online, and they’re even prettier in person! I haven’t tried painting with them yet, but I’ve already got ideas on what future PYO projects I want to try them out on! I imagine they’ll offer a gorgeous duo tone shimmer to any color they’re paired with.

The blue pink color is actually really similar to a old(so old I can’t even use it anymore xD )nail polish called ‘it’s raining men’. And the violet-green one reminds me of succulents!

*Formerly meowmix101
      Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Landipan
      Participant

A new Unicorn I’ve been working on for a forum member, lots of itty bitty flowers in progress!

*Formerly meowmix101

etruscan
        Participant

Lovely!

tig3r06
          Participant

Ooh that uni is beautiful 😍  Hope you love the paints!  I do!

Landipan
            Participant

Thanks!

Tiger: I totally do! They’re so pretty!

*Formerly meowmix101

StormDancer
              Participant

The unicorn is gorgeous!

Looking for:
                "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Suzanne-Marie
                Participant

I think she is spectacular!!
                  Luv, luv how she is looking so far!!
                  Thank you Landipan🌸 for making her so special for me!!

Prezaurian
                  Participant

She’s a lovely unicorn Landipan.  Your shading talent is ever apparent.  🙂

I know the unicorn is a fairly smooth sculpt, but I still have to ask.  Did you pencil the flower outlines in before painting?  And if so, how did you manage to keep such steady lines over the little bumps of fur?  I’m super impressed by the fine line work!

Landipan
                    Participant

Thank you guys! <3

Prezaurian:  First I pencil the flowers to decide the layout of them and then I paint over them.The uni does have a bit of hair texture, but so far it hasn’t caused TOO much of a struggle, there are some areas that have deeper texture than others but I think it’s been alright. So far I haven’t had to change how I do the line work in those areas by much, I try to make sure my brush is loaded with paint so ‘skipping’ doesn’t happen in those more textured areas. It’s definitely a bit more of a struggle compared to the smoothness of the Sushi cat I did but so far, it’s all worked out.

Btw, I use kolinsky(I like the escoda ones a lot) fine point brushes, I swear by these brushes and would not be able to do such small detail work without them. I actually just put in an order with DickBlick so I could get two more to finish up this Uni as my current one is starting to lose it’s fine point. That’s the only problem, these nice(comparably expensive lol all my other brushes are craft store cheap) brushes wear out quickly on gypsum. But I gotta have ’em, so I continuously replace them.

*Formerly meowmix101

dragonmedley
                      Participant

I find that the unicorn is by far the smoothest textured PYO. You can do fine details on the non-fancy kirin, but the “canvas” is somewhat limited by the scales.

She’s absolutely gorgeous, Landipan. And she’s not done!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Landipan
                        Participant

I haven’t try doing anything detailed on the Kirin pyo yet, I did do one awhile back but I just did an ombre, so nothing too fancy. I’d like to paint another Kirin eventually, they are my favorite mythical creature!

And thank you!! <3

*Formerly meowmix101

Landipan
                          Participant

Latest pics of the flower unicorn I’ve been diligently working on!

*Formerly meowmix101

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

WOW! GORGEOUS! Just like the Cherry Blossoms at the Tidal Basin in Washington DC. Really Wonderful detail and Beautiful work! Of course all your pieces are always very detailed and so great.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Landipan
                              Participant

Thank you Ela! I’d LOVE to go to the Tidal Basin for a cherry blossom festival someday, it looks so beautiful and dreamy!

*Formerly meowmix101

tig3r06
                                Participant

I love it so much!!! Absolutely gorgeous work 💞

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.