fbpx

*Meowmix101's PYOs*

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone *Meowmix101's PYOs*

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 581 total)
  • Author
    GardenNinja
    Participant

Just WOW!

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Zexious
      Participant

What’s next on the list? 😉 I so love keeping up with this thread! Your work always manages to brighten my day <3

Landipan
        Participant

Aw, thank you all so much, you guys really are the best!

Here’s the cat update, finally finished painting, now I just need to decide between glossy or matte. We’ll see!

Zexious: Aw you’re a doll! I’ve been thinking about maybe doing another Oriental dragon, but we’ll see since they take a lot of time, what with painting every scale. But that’s what I’m probably going to tackle next, but who knows with me x’D

*Formerly meowmix101
          Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Kim
          Blocked

It looks awesome!  I think a satin finish would be nice on it with a little shine, but not too much!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

dragonmedley
            Participant

I agree, satin would be nice. You can also think about finishing the “textile” parts in satin/gloss and the “fur” parts in matte. (Though the nose and tongue should be glossy!)

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Dragoneer_88
              Participant

Beautiful and super cute! I loved seeing the wip pics turn into this lovely finished piece. Also love all the fine details and the color choices. This piece was already gorgeous when it was half finished. Lol

Zexious
                Participant

I’m typically partial to gloss, but I think I’m on the satin finish train this time around! She’s just beautiful, and will look stunning no matter what you choose!

I really want to purchase a PYO of my own, but I’m so noncommittal when it comes to finishing projects. I’d hate for something so pretty to sit around my condo 1/8th finished D:

dragonmedley
                  Participant

But you can work on it on and off – there’s really not time limit! It once took me 2 years to finish a keeper (though the scheme I’d picked was to blame really – me, procrastinate? Nah!)

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Suzanne-Marie
                    Participant

Such a beautiful and stunning work of art !!
                      Thank you so very much for sharing her progress photos along her journey from a blank PYO to such a gorgeous piece, with beautiful pastels, with such precise detail on the pretty flowers, so perfectly done !!
                      Warm Hugs !!

Landipan
                      Participant

Thank you all for the kind words!

Zexious: You should totally do it! It doesn’t matter how long it takes to finish, as long as you’re happy you’re doing it. And when you DO finish it, you’ll feel so accomplished! And really, even when the PYOs aren’t finished you can still enjoy and admire Melody’s workmanship of the sculpt, they’re really a beauty even when unpainted.

*Formerly meowmix101

Zexious
                        Participant

You all make a great point! 😉

Can I ask what paints you typically use? Acrylics?

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

HaHa! I started a PYO Keeper three years ago and he’s still sitting on my dresser patiently waiting for me to get past his base coat…. one of these years. Maybe when I retire and have the time in three more… LOL!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kujacker
                            Participant

It took me about five years to finish my rooster phoenix! He ended up getting pushed to the backburner for other pyos, then I completely lost interest in him until many years later I picked him back up and finished him. And, as someone that always sells their pyos, I can say I like him too much to ever sell him 🙂 So definitely get a pyo if you want!

I’m so excited about the sushi cat! He looks perfect 😀 I’m amazed by the amount of patience it must have taken.

Landipan
                              Participant

I use a variety of brands, I have some Apple Barrel,Americana, other random craft paint. I also have some more slightly more expensive brands like Golden fluid acrylics and I have two liquitex(soft body) paints. Use whatever you got I say!

*Formerly meowmix101

pipsxlch
                                Participant

Gotta say the detail on that cat is AMAZING!

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.