Memory, Sorrow and Thorn.

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Memory, Sorrow and Thorn.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author

dragonmedley wrote:

I think I have all the Tad Williams books. The sequel for Shadowmarch is out; it’s next on my to-get list!

I love Whelan’s art. I missed out on a book on his art once. Now I think it’s out of print. ๐Ÿ™

I have that book!

I suggest hunting for it on eBay, someone somewhere is probably selling it.

Me, all I am selling atm is a stuffed duck, and the auction is going nowhere fast…37 mins left and nada…lost money just listing the darn thing.

Kyrin

lamortefille
    Participant

starbreeze wrote:

It’s fun to browse his gallery, isn’t it? ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s fun, but I usually see something else that I want. lol I have 3 of his prints. One is a picture he did for a drug awareness campaign – I don’t remember the title, but you can see it hanging in my collection pictures. I have one of the cover for Crown of Shadows and a signed/numbered Crimson King.

Starbreeze
      Participant

I was looking last night and I am so tempted to get a print of the cover he did for Barbara Hambly’s Dragonsbane. It’s on sale now….

lamortefille
        Participant

I went and looked at that star – it’s cool!

Starbreeze
          Participant

The book is good too!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Barrdwing wrote:

I love Michael Whelan’s artwork and have a few prints of the cover art he did for Anne McCaffrey’s Pern series and Melanie Rawn’s dragon series (ack, can’t recall the name right now).

I believe you’re thinking of her Dragon Prince and Dragon Star trilogies. Those books are great!

I love Michael Whelan’s artwork too! Its on quite a few of my walls. ๐Ÿ˜€ Here are some of my favorites:

Verge:

The Narrow Way:

Green Angel Tower:

One of the great things about Whelan is that he actually reads (at least some of) the book so that his images are in agreement with the book, as opposed to some cover artists which do pics that are completely misleading or off.

Purplecat
            Participant

OMG!! I love your Green Angel Tower print!!

boskydragon wrote:

One of the great things about Whelan is that he actually reads (at least some of) the book so that his images are in agreement with the book, as opposed to some cover artists which do pics that are completely misleading or off.

My thoughts exactly!

purplecat wrote:

OMG!! I love your Green Angel Tower print!!

Thanks! That’s one of my favorites too.

Maria
              Participant

I really like the Narrow Way. Something about that expression just holds my attention…

That’s what I like about it too. I love the way he’s able to capture moods in his artwork, and I especially like his thoughtful, contemplative pieces.

lamortefille
                Participant

The new and improved Michael Whelan website is open (with more goodies to buy). ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜‰

http://michaelwhelan.com/catalog/home.php

Purplecat
                  Participant

Cool! Thank you!

Jasmine
                    Participant

I’d love to get the book he has out but yesh, I can’t afford that. Maybe when I get my tax return.

lamortefille
                      Participant

Jasmine wrote:

I’d love to get the book he has out but yesh, I can’t afford that. Maybe when I get my tax return.

If I bought it, I would be afraid to touch it.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.