Memory, Sorrow and Thorn.

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Memory, Sorrow and Thorn.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Purplecat
    Participant

Has anyone else read the Memory, Sorrow and Thorn series by Tad Williams? It starts with The Dragonbone Chair and is a series of three hardback or four softcover books. It’s an awesome series and I’m looking for the jacket cover to The Dragonbone Chair if anyone has one I’d pay you 3 or 4 dollars for it. I know it’s a bizarre request just to want a jacket cover but I’d really appreciate the help finding one. A really good read if you haven’t read it. The Otherland series by Tad Williams is good too.

Purplecat
      Participant

I read that series years ago and loved it. Sadly, I think my copy is in a box in the attic – from what I remember the jacket was not in very good shape. If I ever move I might find it…

I don’t have a jacket cover, but I’ve read the Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series and really liked it.

As a matter of fact, the cover art for “Green Angel Tower” is hanging on my wall:

Michael Whelan issued that as a limited edition print, and its one of my favorites.

wolflodge100
        Participant

There are copies of the book on e-bay. You may find one cheap enough that has a good jacket.

Purplecat
          Participant

That’s actually what happened in the first place. I bought it twice, once on ebay and once on amazon. Both were supposed to have covers but neither did. I kept the better of the two books and gave up about six months ago. One copy said new and actually looked like a dog had chewed on it. 😯

Why didn’t you just request Amazon to send you another copy since the one you got was defective?

Purplecat
            Participant

They said they didn’t have one and apologized for the mislabel and we had purchased their last copy of it at that time. They were really nice about it but I still ended up with no cover. I still shop there alot as they’ve got great prices.

Starbreeze
              Participant

The copy she bought probably wasn’t from the new books part of amazon. It was probably from one of the third party vendors that advertise through amazon. There are a lot of those. Most of them are on the up and up, but some aren’t. πŸ˜•

Purplecat
                Participant

Yep. And most of the time you get exactly as advertised but this time we were’nt so lucky.

Oh, I see. Hmm…it makes me wonder if those sellers that you got the books from obtained them illegally. I’ve noticed that inside every book they have the following warning:

“If you purchased this book without a cover you should be aware that this book is stolen property. It was reported as “unsold and destroyed” by the publisher and neither the author or the publisher has received any payment for this ‘stripped book.’ “

lamortefille
                  Participant

mimitrek wrote:

I don’t have a jacket cover, but I’ve read the Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series and really liked it.

As a matter of fact, the cover art for “Green Angel Tower” is hanging on my wall:

Michael Whelan issued that as a limited edition print, and its one of my favorites.

That is beautiful, Mimi! You don’t get the full effect from looking at the book cover. Isn’t M.W. wonderful? I am reading M, S, & T right now. Great so far.

lamortefille wrote:

That is beautiful, Mimi! You don’t get the full effect from looking at the book cover. Isn’t M.W. wonderful?

Thanks! That’s really true, his cover art is even more impressive as full sized prints. He’s done a lot of amazing cover art!

And yes, I love Michel Whelan’s art — he’s my favorite graphic artist. πŸ˜€

lamortefille wrote:

I am reading M, S, & T right now. Great so far.

All this talk of the series is inspiring me to re-read it soon. πŸ™‚ Its been many, many years since I’ve read it.

Purplecat
                    Participant

It was an old hardback, I think the jacket just got lost as the actual hardback cover is in ok condition.

Starbreeze
                      Participant

mimitrek wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

That is beautiful, Mimi! You don’t get the full effect from looking at the book cover. Isn’t M.W. wonderful?

Thanks! That’s really true, his cover art is even more impressive as full sized prints. He’s done a lot of amazing cover art!

And yes, I love Michel Whelan’s art — he’s my favorite graphic artist. πŸ˜€

lamortefille wrote:

I am reading M, S, & T right now. Great so far.

All this talk of the series is inspiring me to re-read it soon. πŸ™‚ Its been many, many years since I’ve read it.

I actually haven’t read these. It sounds like I should. πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.