fbpx

Melody moving?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Melody moving?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    NirvanaCat13
    Participant

Being in the military, moving is no big thing….Also, my parents have been divorced since I was 5 and I’ve been traveling back and forth ever since, having to take my snake with me, so it was kind of like moving….

The reptiles don’t mind quite so much, but I would imagine the cats would completely freak if my mom ever moved, especialy RumTum, Bobby would be ok…..Don’t know about Louis’ dog Sugar, I think she would be fine as well….

How do you think the Emu and Peacocks are going to handle it Miss Melody? Not to mention your cats! πŸ˜†

Lupin
      Participant

My Big cat had no real problem other than having to be on a plane (Back in the ’80’s they also always drugged pets for plane rides) in the 3000 mile move, but when I got her there I made sure to put butter between her paws for the first week to help keep her too busy cleaning them to run off, but I think as long as she was with me she was happy, but she didin’t take too well to me moving out after high school and back those 3000 miles, I still think that’s what made her decline, since she got left back with my mom. She was old enough at that time that there were only 2 ways I would be getting her out of there, both pretty much involved me winning the Lottery and being completely unfair to my dog.

My Kitten though has moved 4/5 times in her comparatively short life, but she’s such a spaz, that even when I move a piece of furniture or clean my house, or even have some one come over for a visit, she gets upset with the “change” so she just hides in her crate for a day or 2 when I move. Oh yeah Crate trained cats are Awesome!! And I mean properly Crate Trained, not locked in box unallowed to leave for 18hours or longer a day, my cat has 2 crates around the house and in the case of an emergency I know exactly where to find her!! πŸ˜€ Umm I also have a platform bed and don’t like spaces under any of my furniture, I just see the dog chasing the cat under there and getting her fat butt stuck or in case of things like shelves falling on the 2 of them.

SPark
        Participant

I’ve moved something like 23 times. I’ve lost track, honestly, but it’s more than 20 I know. I don’t really love moving, but it’s hard to even imagine being in one place more than a couple of years.

i will be moving twice this summer. half my stuff is going to oregon. half is going to new york. and half is going away.

it is stressful packing. it is stressful deciding what to keep and what to get rid of. it is stressful deciding who to give the stuff i am getting rid of. it is stressful thinking about driving across the country in a truck that is of unknown quality.

and until i unpack, it is depressing. πŸ™

wolflodge100
          Participant

Years ago when I first moved to SLO, I moved every six months to a year it seemed. When you move alot it is not too bad. BUT….after living in ONE place for 12 years and being a collecter of all things “NEAT” for inside and outside….I hate to even think of moveing 😯 As far as moveing animals, birds and dogs are easy, cats I keep in the house for a few weeks or so and then let them out with me until they get used to the new place.

You will have to pen the peacocks for 6 months or more before they think of the new place as “home” the emu should do fine

Jodi
            Participant

I had my two girl kitties when I moved from south Minneapolis up to St. Cloud. It’s only 80 miles, but they cried the whole way, even though we gave them catnip to knock them out a bit. πŸ˜₯

My cats handled it fairly well. I have to say what took the most to pack up was my Windstones. I wouldn’t allow anyone else to help me, and they all had to be in their boxes (original if had, and peanuts and bubble wrap in another box if not.)
              I don’t know how all your animals will take it. But my mother has 15 birds of different kinds. Her African Grey did pretty well when she moved last fall. But then again, it was a quick trip across town, maybe 2 miles away. But if they are used to attention, make sure they are somewhere they can see you or you can touch them. She also takes them on vacations with her, in their little birdie taxies which are a mesh type cloth cage. They are rather neat, I think she calls them birdie backpacks or soemthing like that. So Bird might be just fine. πŸ˜€
              Emu’s? Never have owned one, so I can’t help you out on that one. But, if you run across an extra Birman Flap cat while you’re packing…*Big sad watery puppy eyes*…and you don’t want to move him…I’m always here. πŸ˜‰
              BTW, I had someone ask me if you were gonna make more of them…She and I would both like one, and it said they were gonna come out in small batches for direct sales (and I missed them the first time around). Just wondering. πŸ™‚

Melody
              Keymaster

WindstoneCollector wrote:

My cats handled it fairly well. I have to say what took the most to pack up was my Windstones. I wouldn’t allow anyone else to help me, and they all had to be in their boxes (original if had, and peanuts and bubble wrap in another box if not.)
                I don’t know how all your animals will take it. But my mother has 15 birds of different kinds. Her African Grey did pretty well when she moved last fall. But then again, it was a quick trip across town, maybe 2 miles away. But if they are used to attention, make sure they are somewhere they can see you or you can touch them. She also takes them on vacations with her, in their little birdie taxies which are a mesh type cloth cage. They are rather neat, I think she calls them birdie backpacks or soemthing like that. So Bird might be just fine. πŸ˜€
                Emu’s? Never have owned one, so I can’t help you out on that one. But, if you run across an extra Birman Flap cat while you’re packing…*Big sad watery puppy eyes*…and you don’t want to move him…I’m always here. πŸ˜‰
                BTW, I had someone ask me if you were gonna make more of them…She and I would both like one, and it said they were gonna come out in small batches for direct sales (and I missed them the first time around). Just wondering. πŸ™‚

It’ll be fun packing THOUSANDS of Windstones…
                Oh yes! We do need to do more Birmamns, I had forgotten about those. I need lists everywhere of what I need to do….

Bob

gryphondreamer wrote:

i will be moving twice this summer. half my stuff is going to oregon. half is going to new york. and half is going away.

it is stressful packing. it is stressful deciding what to keep and what to get rid of. it is stressful deciding who to give the stuff i am getting rid of. it is stressful thinking about driving across the country in a truck that is of unknown quality.

and until i unpack, it is depressing. πŸ™
                  OK that is 3 halves???
                  I just added it up and in 40 years I have moves 27 times. I just got used to it. It was part of my life. The longest I have lived in one place was 6 years almost to the day. I’m used to it

Dragon Master wrote:

OK that is 3 halves???

yes, and there lies the conundrum…of ‘stuff’.

Maria
                  Participant

πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

Arlla
                    Participant

LOL I’m one of those people who gets antsy if they stay in one place too long…but I also HATE moving!! 😈 Guess I’m just buggered both ways. I’ve usually been unhappy staying in a place too long because of size or crowdedness….I’m hoping that being in a big house now will inspire me to settle down someplace for longer than 3 years!!
                      Transporting 17 Koi is a hassle, and the rabbits get pretty stressed out with new surroundings (they thump constantly for about a week before they settle in) but our dog took the move fabulously. She LOOOOVES the new house! ^_^

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                      -J R R Tolkien

lamortefille
                      Participant

I have moved enough times that just hearing about somebody else moving stresses me out. lol I love my house, but I want to move one more time – out of NJ! My cats weren’t thrilled with the car rides, but they adjusted well after the moves.

Melody – move thousands of Windstones? Will you be able to cut production to have less to move? Too bad you can’t have some kind of sale. It might be cost effective to have less to lug up to Oregon. We all love a sale and we would be happy to help you out: -) πŸ˜†

Speaking of Birmans, somebody said you were out of Ruby OWs. Will you be making more eventually?

Maria
                        Participant

The Ruby OWs were regular production pieces, so once they’re gone, that’s it. πŸ™
                          I like the idea of a moving sale. Very much so. *nods*

lamortefille
                          Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

The Ruby OWs were regular production pieces, so once they’re gone, that’s it. πŸ™

Dang it! Ah well, I guess one will come along if I am meant to have one.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.