fbpx

Maximum Ride!

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Maximum Ride!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

This series is by James Patterson. The third book came out about 3 weeks ago. I had it read in one day, that is how good the series is in my opinion. I love this series. It usually annoys me when I read something completely writen in first person but I loved this. But I have a question, if you’ve read it. Did the ending to the third just leave you empty, wanting more? Because it did me and I’m hoping this isn’t the last book because if it is…I think I just might pull my hair out.

Ooh! I’ve read all 3 books and they’re my favorites. I’ve also got three other friends hooked on them too. There will be a fourth book and probably a movie. 😀

0.0 You’ve now idea how happy you’ve just made me ^_^

I like making people happy! I’m so excited for a fourth book, it isn’t even funny. When I finished the third book, I thought.
    ‘There had better be another, it can’t end like this!’ So I went to the website. At the site, there was a ticker that counted clicks.
    Once they reached one million, there would be a fourth book. By now it is well over 5 million!
    I went insane when I found out there would be a fourth!
    😳 Sorry for rambling, but Maximum Ride and windstones are 2 things that get me really excited. :mrgreen:

OH don’t apologize, I’m exactly the same way. I completely freaked when I read the end of the third book. Mostly because I was looking for even the slightest bit of closure between Fang and Max but NOTHING! And then they all just flew off like that and then again NOTHING! I read that book in one day, start to finish and there was not a dull moment but after 8 hours of reading and getting an ending like that well…I was none too happy. I went to the web site too, I thought that ticker was just for the movie, I didn’t know it was for the fourth book even though I voted for it anyway.

I don’t know about anyone else but I’ve never found a movie that was made from a book to be all that great. The books are always better. Case and point, Harry Potter, Eragon, Lord of the Rings. But I did think they did Bridge to Terabithia nice.

I know what you mean, I was happy that most issues were closed, but with Fang and Max, I was quite shocked.
    I read the second and third books in one day, I bought the third the day it came out. I can read really fast and I had it done in about four hours.
    Immediately, I called my friend and we discussed the book for about an hour straight!

I’ve never liked a movie better than a book. I’ve read Harry Potter and Eragon.
    The movies were quite awful compared to the books, especially Eragon. I have no clue how they could make Eldest into a movie considering
    how much they left out.
    I hope they do justice to Maximum Ride and get a good cast.

I hated the Eragon movie. Ryan took me to see it for my birthday. Afterwards (being that both of us were fans of the books) we were enraged and disappointed. I figure if someone ever wanted to make a movie out of one of my books, I’d have to step in and make that contract so that I’d be in charge of the script (which I’d more than likely write myself) and casting. As for finding people to play the characters for my books I’d like to choose because its really how you sell it in your eyes and have an actual passion for the book. You have to get that to even begin to portray the character right. So with all of that I bet no movie director would ever pair up with me and that’s just fine. Some things are just ment to be read, kept perfect the way they are. Crapy movies that come from books take away from the book in general.

BipolarBear
    Participant

I’ve heard of James Patterson but I haven’t read any of his books. I haven’t had anyone recommend them before and I usually read whatever I can find. Would this series be a good entry into his books? He writes mystery and suspense does he not?

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
      Engaged to a Weasel

He does but the Maximum Ride series is different from his other books. He jumped out of his usual genre for these and I for one commend him for it, not that his other books aren’t good, its just that these ones struck a cord with me. The characters are relatable and even the bad ones you care for. The entire series is written in first person which usually drives me crazy but he nailed in this. Trust me, you’ll laugh, you’ll cry, for me I found emotions drawn out that I didn’t even know I had it was that good. So I do recommend this series.

BipolarBear
      Participant

Great theres a local bookstore going out of business(unfortunately) and selling all their books at half price I ‘ll see if they have any of them. I’m also looking for Stephen King’s Dark Tower Series and any of the discworld novels.

Engaged to a Weasel

Its been a long time since I’ve read Stephen King, after a while I just kinda stopped buying his books. I’ve lost interest in his them, the writing changed. Lately I’ve been keeping an eye open for newer writers because I’ve pretty much read all that I’ve found in the older stuff. Though the old writers are still the best by far. I’m always curious though of what literary works of art may spring about in our generation.

BipolarBear
        Participant

There are so many people writing these days. I fear that many great writers of this era won’t be truly discovered until after they are dead.

Engaged to a Weasel

Sad but true. I speek for myself on this matter and I’m sure most feel this way when I say that if I were to get published I’d be satified that something I wrote got out there and people have read it. I don’t think I could ask for much more than that. Writing is a passion of mine even if what I write may just ultimatly for just my own eyes to see.

I just checked out the Maximum Ride website a few days ago and it said the fourth book comes out ‘next spring.’ I’m hoping it means 2008 because I’m really excited for this book!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.