fbpx

Married!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Married!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Participant

CherylKaufman wrote:

My husband and I were married in a JOP ceremony and it was very intimate and only us and our families and friends. The judge was absolutely wonderful and sweet- when he stood with either of us on his side to take a picture- afterwards he said “Let this be the only time you let someone stand between you.” I liked it πŸ™‚

Awsome! That was a nice touch.

Skigod377
      Participant

SPark wrote:

Bleah. 19 is plenty old enough to get married!

Just a question… do you really believe this? I cannot tell if you are joking or not…

Participant

I thought she was serious, but I could be wrong.

SPark
          Participant

skigod377 wrote:

SPark wrote:

Bleah. 19 is plenty old enough to get married!

Just a question… do you really believe this? I cannot tell if you are joking or not…

I’m serious.

I know at 19 some people are FAR too immature to be married, of course. Some people are honestly too immature to be inflicted on spouse and eventual kids when they’re 30! But some people are mature enough. The age of consent is 18 for a reason! It’s the age at which most people are capable of making big, important decisions on their own. Marriage is a big, important decision, and I think somebody who’s 19 is old enough to make it.

I’m not saying 19 is when you should be married, or that 19 is the ideal age to be married, but 19 is old enough. You should tell somebody “You’re 19, you’re too young, you can’t get married.” If they’re old enough to help choose who runs the country, old enough to get given a gun and go off to war, then they’re old enough to chose who’s going to be their life partner, if they should find somebody like that by that age.

Skigod377
            Participant

There is def the maturity level to take into account!! I know WAY too many men who have no buisness making descisions on their own!! I want to put those mittens on them that you put on babies so they dont hurt themselves…I am quite glad you found a good man and I hope it works out for you both.

SPark
              Participant

Thanks!

My JJ is definitely mature for his age. And wonderful. And smart. And good looking. And… er… I’ll just shut up now. πŸ™‚

Skigod377
                Participant

SPark wrote:

Thanks!

My JJ is definitely mature for his age. And wonderful. And smart. And good looking. And… er… I’ll just shut up now. πŸ™‚

πŸ˜† I can go on and on about my man, too… it makes others sick πŸ˜› Got plans for Valentines??

Bob

I think too young should only apply to how long you have known the person. It’s how old the relationship is that should not be too young not the physical age of the people involved

Skigod377
                    Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

I think too young should only apply to how long you have known the person. It’s how old the relationship is that should not be too young not the physical age of the people involved

I think that, and the maturity level, as Spark said, are both factors to take into account.

SPark
                      Participant

skigod377 wrote:

SPark wrote:

Thanks!

πŸ˜† I can go on and on about my man, too… it makes others sick πŸ˜› Got plans for Valentines??

Well, we were thinking of going out for a really swanky dinner. There’s this super-nice restraunt he keeps telling me about that sounds really worth visiting.

SPark
                        Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

I think that, and the maturity level, as Spark said, are both factors to take into account.

Well, we were best friends for three years or so before starting to get romantic. There’s a whole long story about that, it’s kinda weird. I’ve had the most oddball relationships. I don’t think I’ve ever done the “normal” sort of meeting and dating guys.

Bob

Every relationship and friendship for that matter has it’s issues. I know all of mine have

Snapdragon wrote:

I dunno… I just might have to hook up with a single, non-smoking, non-religious Windstone collector.

I wonder if any exist.
                            There are those that exsist. You just have to wait until they are single….lol.

Bob

dragonessjade wrote:

Snapdragon wrote:

I dunno… I just might have to hook up with a single, non-smoking, non-religious Windstone collector.

I wonder if any exist.
                              There are those that exsist. You just have to wait until they are single….lol.
                              well Snap if you exist they must exist

SPark
                              Participant

There’s a saying about finding dates on the internet. “Single, Sane, Attractive, pick two.”

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.