fbpx

Mama dragon Question

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Mama dragon Question

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I really want this release of this mama dragon, but I have a question. do they all look like this and most of the pix I see are just really crappy, or is this one a lot nicer than most? She has some nice browns and stuff, i think she’s gorgious. I’ll be bidding for sure (yes, I’m still really broke. hopefully her commonness and her chips will make her cheap ๐Ÿ˜€ )

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pena-Mother-Dragon-Statue-by-Windstone-Editions-1986_W0QQitemZ200085456687QQihZ010QQcategoryZ86929QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Starbreeze
    Participant

She does look nice in the pics. It looks to me like she’s the original peacock, not the brighter peacock that just retired. I have an OW in that coloring and he’s one of my favorites.

starbreeze wrote:

She does look nice in the pics. It looks to me like she’s the original peacock, not the brighter peacock that just retired. I have an OW in that coloring and he’s one of my favorites.

๐Ÿ˜ฏ There’s two peacocks? Or, are the older ones darker, the newer retired ones brighter? I just thinkshe’s got gorgious color.

Starbreeze
      Participant

Yes, the older peacock is a bit darker and more muted. They have a different finish on them I think. I’m not the best person to describe the difference. But, I do like the older peacock too.

starbreeze wrote:

Yes, the older peacock is a bit darker and more muted. They have a different finish on them I think. I’m not the best person to describe the difference. But, I do like the older peacock too.

cool.
        I just think she’s purdy. I even showed him to hubby, and hubby said mama dragon is his favorte mold. that’s the one that looks “the most like a real dragon”.

frozendragon
        Participant

not sure how to say it any different…but there is more than one peacock…and I’m thinking more than two…the ones that recently retired were the brightest and most vibrant peacock…before that was a darker richer peacock…and then there’s the ones that are like that one….kind of muted and not quite as popping in the colors…

frozendragon wrote:

not sure how to say it any different…but there is more than one peacock…and I’m thinking more than two…the ones that recently retired were the brightest and most vibrant peacock…before that was a darker richer peacock…and then there’s the ones that are like that one….kind of muted and not quite as popping in the colors…

Guess I’ll have to just go with what I like the most. I like this gal. Is she worth any more than the newer peacocks? Or are they all worth bascially(besides chips, ect) the same.

frozendragon
          Participant

honestly it’s up to the person…I’ve seen them go for more or less…if you want it…go for it…

and the chips are always fixable…so I never worry about those…unless it’s something broken completely off

frozendragon wrote:

honestly it’s up to the person…I’ve seen them go for more or less…if you want it…go for it…

and the chips are always fixable…so I never worry about those…unless it’s something broken completely off

I’m the high bidder, guess we’ll see what happens. gotta sell some horses and try to get a couple bucks in paypal to snatch her.

I was wathcing a couple lots on ebay, with a mama in them, and it seems like even with the lots, you don’t get a “deal”. They always go for about the value of teh whole group. that’s kinda cool. I’ve seen with horses a lot where if you buy a lot, sometimes you get all the horses for the price of one or two. it’s just nice to see that these are an investment.

Sorry, just me rambling ๐Ÿ™„

frozendragon
            Participant

yeah I had the whole set(4 main dragons) of peacocks at one time…

and had to have money fast…

I ended up selling them for $250 for the set

but at that time…they were still current…and everywhere

frozendragon wrote:

yeah I had the whole set(4 main dragons) of peacocks at one time…

and had to have money fast…

I ended up selling them for $250 for the set

but at that time…they were still current…and everywhere

Bummer. I was just watching two sets on ebay, the exact total escapes me, but I do know it wasn’t a deal really. And the one lot they were all damaged. i think it was mama, junior, and an egg for $150 for the group. Something like that.

Wish I had gotten into these just a little sooner, when the rainbows and peacocks were current and a little cheaper ๐Ÿ˜€ I love those rainbows

Starbreeze
              Participant

I’ve seen lots of Breyers….and as you say, if you’re lucky there are one or two of the valuable ones mixed in.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.