Make-A-Fuzzy swap & Travel-Buddy Fuzzy:

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Make-A-Fuzzy swap & Travel-Buddy Fuzzy:

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Ciarnet
    Participant

Traveling Fuzzies are meant to go visit whoever you would like to send them too once they arrive at their first stop. By all means send them onto anyone you please to expand their adventures!

A Traveling Fuzzy has already arrived here to visit with Me! I couldn’t be more thrilled to host a Fuzzy! I’ll post pictures when I figure out how. He is quite a character!

What are the rules regarding sending the Travelers on to their next destination? Do we choose any friend, or does our Host have a list of people wishing to host them?

Uh, I have yet to work that out. I thought of starting a thread that we could use to track to locations of the traveling fuzzy’s when I have the names of all of the fuzzies. I’ll get that figured out once all the fuzzies have reached their first hosts so we can be sure none of them got lost on the way.

It was also up for debate whether or not forum members not in the initial swap would be able to host fuzzies are not. I’ll leave that one to you guys. Just let me know what you guys think about that. Either way is fine with me.

Once all the fuzzies have arrived at their destinations I make a thread!

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
      www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
      Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Susie, the Host Coordinator should have a list of destinations for the Travelling Fuzzies. When one arrives with a new travel host, s/he should be notified by the Host Coordinator of its next destination after they’ve let the H.C. know that it has arrived.
      Is your fuzzy a Travelling one or a Swap one, which would stay with you? Did you sign up to be a Travelling host? (a fuzzy may have decided to live with you just to bask in the awesomeness of being at the factory, and not want to travel on)

Any fuzzy that stays at a location has to be replaced with a new fuzzy and all belongings will stay with the traveling fuzzies.

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Susie
      Keymaster

How many people are participating in the Traveling Fuzzy swap? The Flat Fuzzies that traveled last year visited approximately 16 locations each – so if there are less than that, I suggest opening the hosting to anyone interested in hosting them. Also, I love seeing pictures from all over the place – so as far as this Arm-Chair-Traveler is concerned, the farther the fuzzies travel, the better!

I got mine all sent out today!! Holy cow I couldn’t believe the shipping cost of a fuzzy from Canada to US. Apparently if it’s a fuzzy ( something other than a paper) it has to have a customs declaration and therefore cost is higher. Wow I just about fell over hahahaha oh well. …. Mine are all sent to their first stop, new homes etc

OK, so here is what I am thinking:

I am thinking of making a “Traveling Fuzzy Hosting” thread where anyone who wants to host one may request one, and I can post a list on the main section to track the current location of each fuzzy. I think that would be a good way to do it, but I want to make sure you guys are OK with that idea. I don’t think it would upset anyone, but hey, you never know right? What do you think?

pipsxlch
        Participant

I got my Buddy Make a Fuzzy today! This is a Wooly Arctic Fuzzy, an unusual species found on the northern slopes of the Rockies. They like oak leaves, so fortunately there are plenty around. They don’t like bugs; hope frogs aren’t a problem- there’s one living in my home and he moves around a lot at night.
          Thank you, I love him! Hope the current ’90s won’t be an issue for him- he has quite the coat.
           photo P5200001_zps18436527.jpg
           photo P5200003_zps006e8a53.jpg

pipsxlch
          Participant

OK, so here is what I am thinking:

I am thinking of making a “Traveling Fuzzy Hosting” thread where anyone who wants to host one may request one, and I can post a list on the main section to track the current location of each fuzzy. I think that would be a good way to do it, but I want to make sure you guys are OK with that idea. I don’t think it would upset anyone, but hey, you never know right? What do you think?

I think that would work well, and the more hosts the better. A thread where folk can see what it’s about may inspire some to join. It would be cool to see where they all are at a given time also.

OK, I just made a thread to post pictures of your tavels in. If possible, could each person post a picture of them when they arrive? Any picture will do! Just wherever they explore first, be it looking for chocolate or teasing the cats. 🙂 I am going to make a small face shot of each fuzzy next to their name. No worry about format or anything. Really just get a picture of how happy they are to meet ya!

Susie
            Keymaster

I have to learn how to post pictures on the forum! :~

I have to learn how to post pictures on the forum! :~

the following without the _’s.

*********The image url^ can be found by right clicking the image and then choosing “copy image url” or “copy image address” which you can then “paste” into the quotes.

Susie
              Keymaster

Does the image have to be saved to photo bucket or something like that? Mine are just saved on my computer.

Does the image have to be saved to photo bucket or something like that? Mine are just saved on my computer.

I use photo bucket and then click on image you want to post… On right side of screen you will see options to copy…. Copy the direct link HTML then come here and paste in post. I believe that that is the right one to use. Photobucket under maintenance right now so I will confirm that ASAP

any where at all. see

(sorry branzy)

I just use facebook, it is easier then trying to put them all over the place. I don’t like photo bucket or those image hosing sites a whole lot.

Ela_Hara
                Participant

Can’t wait to hear if my Fuzzy Buddy liked my swap – I completely forgot to take photos, I was so excited to mail the package on Monday. Hope my Buddy posts photos – it should have delivered by now, I hope. 😀

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.