fbpx

Mailing Worries

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Mailing Worries

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Ok guys i know a bunch of you may remember me… my sorry buts been getting for my wedding in August!! OMG So Close!!! but i get to move up to Idaho *Dies* and from California is a bit dangerous with my percious collection. So Anyone have any good advice for mailing? were going to UPS them one at a time double packed and everything and insured incase (Heavens forbid) they break *prays to the gods* Please Please PLEASE Dont Break!!!! But ya. anyother advice? or wisdom with packing? Please Any form of advice. Thanks’s guys

Love

Your missing Tysiana Dragonblade :)P

Pegasi1978
    Participant

Hi, I don’t think I met you before. I would say if you have any of your original boxes to be sure to pack the Windstones in them as they will help protect your Windstones. If you don’t then wrap them up with several layers of bubble wrap and make sure you have LOTS of packing peanuts. You don’t want any wiggle room at all. Put some peanuts in, then the piece, more peanuts, shake GENTLY to settle peanuts, add more peanuts. Then find a second box several inches larger than the first on all dimensions and do the same thing all over again.

Jodi
      Participant

There’s a tutorial webpage on how to pack Windstones on SPark’s website. I don’t have the link here because I’m on my laptop, and I don’t have it saved to my laptop yet. Someone should be able to post it though, or you could PM SPark.

Pegasi1978
        Participant

*slaps forehead* I completely forgot about the packing tutorial. Here’s the link.

http://bladespark.topcities.com/wpacking.html

Tysiana wrote:

Ok guys i know a bunch of you may remember me… my sorry buts been getting for my wedding in August!! OMG So Close!!! but i get to move up to Idaho *Dies* and from California is a bit dangerous with my percious collection. So Anyone have any good advice for mailing? were going to UPS them one at a time double packed and everything and insured incase (Heavens forbid) they break *prays to the gods* Please Please PLEASE Dont Break!!!! But ya. anyother advice? or wisdom with packing? Please Any form of advice. Thanks’s guys

Love

Your missing Tysiana Dragonblade :)P

Where in California, to where in Idaho?

No packing advice, but since I too made this move from Calif to Idaho, I wonder where you are from and where you are going.

Kyrin

How big is your collection? To be honest ide NEVER let anyone send my pieces through the post ide take them all by myself 😯

dragonmedley
          Participant

Griffiness wrote:

How big is your collection? To be honest ide NEVER let anyone send my pieces through the post ide take them all by myself 😯

Ditto! But sometimes, things don’t always go the way we plan…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

keschete
            Participant

I just recently sent 6 fairly expensive pieces to California, including an Emperor and a large Wizard. I had an Emperor box but no other boxes, and I packed everything in a ton of bubble wrap, then in a box with lots of peanuts and in a second box with lots of peanuts.

Sent insured UPS with the stipulation that an adult had to be there to sign for package….

All my pieces got there fine….

Kaya

Lucky for me they did!

i moved for the bay area in califnornia to a place about half a hour away from twin falls idaho. All togeather i moved 15 Windstone dragons up…

1. Rainbow Emperor (my pride and joy)
              2. Emerald mother
              3. White Mother
              4. Emerald Hatching
              5. Peacock Hatching
              6. Collectors edition brown scratching
              7. Brand new just got for my birthday peacock/emerald hybrid Rising spectral
              8. emerald fledgling
              9. peacock coiled mother
              10. peacock young dragon
              11. Ruby old warrior. (the prototype one)
              12. black gold Male
              13. Ruby Oriental Sun Dragon
              14. Rainbow Young oriental Dragon
              15. Jade oriental Dragon

And i Think thats it. i dont know if there ok… my fiancee’s building some stroung shelves for them so there sorta being kept in the box till i go back up there after the wedding. *fingers crossed*

Purplecat
              Participant

Oh, god! Mine would ride with me in the car, probably with at least one in my lap and one seatbelted in the passenger seat. I’d tie my hubby to the roof… πŸ˜€ Maybe I’d let the emperor drive… πŸ˜€ πŸ˜†

Seriously though…I’ve never made that big a move but if your only choice is mailing then I’d stock up on bubble paper, loooots of bubble paper for the ones without original boxes. Then wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap and tape….then bite your nails of down to the bone in anxiety….I feel for you.

Maria
                Participant

I hoe they all survived! Have fun setting them up in their new home.

Tysiana wrote:

i moved for the bay area in califnornia to a place about half a hour away from twin falls idaho. All togeather i moved 15 Windstone dragons up…

Which direction? I’m in Buhl, which is also 1/2 hour from Twin Falls. πŸ™‚

My guess is, you are either in Buhl, or Jerome. Since those are the two towns that fit that description best.

Congrats on the move, and I think you will like it here.

Since we’re both in the same area, feel free to ask me about your new home. When you are settled, we should get together and have lunch or something. πŸ™‚

We’ve been here 2 years and we really love it here.

Kyrin

Travistie
                  Participant

I would also be too afraid to send them through the post. When me and my husband moved down to Atlanta, GA from Pittsburgh, PA, I put my whole collection in the trunk of my car. I did not even trust them to be safe in the moving truck. I didn’t have a very large collection at the time, so I was able to fit them all in there nice and snug.

As long as you packed them real well… with lots of cushion, I’m sure they’ll be fine. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that they get there okay.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.