fbpx

Made my day!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Made my day!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

Elena
      Participant

So…
        I’ve just started into Tech week for Titanic:The Musical (Broadway type musical theatre)and this musical is either going to sail on smoothly or sink faster than the ship. It’s a huge show (56 Actors, 22 Pit Orchestra, 16 crew, a moving set and only 3days to figure out how to turn this into a show) and I can see the fleet of icebergs (problems, technical difficulties, etc) lined up like an invading army on the horizon…. :shout:

Well today as the orchestra was loading in, we hit the first iceberg. We get a text message…
        “Tympani went down elevator shaft” ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

*cough* *sputter* *stare at each other in disbelief*…. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ and then burst out laughing, in that overtired (I’ve gotten maybe 5hrs of sleep in the last 2 days), OMG, I don’t believe this, I have to laugh or I am going to cry kind of way.

We thought a drum went down the the elevator shaft. Turns out it was only one of the casters. Apparently, the drummer was a little too enthusiastic wheeling it out of the elevator and got the wheel caught in the door gap and wrenched it off and the caster fell down the elevator shaft. I can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings…. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Rachel
        Participant

Lol! I could just see the drum as it disappeared down the shaft. Good thing it really was only a wheel. Still, it’ll be a PITA to roll that thing around anywhere.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.