fbpx

Made it Home!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Made it Home!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Thanks all. Well, I get a little stay of execution. We took our bags to the wind tunnel and went to draw weapons and were told, due to weather in Washington, that we will be delayed. Now we dont know when we are leaving but its not today. Guess I better go unpack a uniform.

Good, you’re our ski. :yes: ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜‰

Skigod377
      Participant

LOL sorry. Bad choice of words. I leave on the 11th now, or so they say. ๐Ÿ˜†

skigod377 wrote:

Thanks all. Well, I get a little stay of execution. We took our bags to the wind tunnel and went to draw weapons and were told, due to weather in Washington, that we will be delayed. Now we dont know when we are leaving but its not today. Guess I better go unpack a uniform.

Hee hee…The best part is it may not be tomorrow either…From what just rolled through here, and is headed there, it appears Washington will be snowed in for a bit. ๐Ÿ˜€ You may get to see your big pink Girl before you go after all! ๐Ÿ˜‰
        Oh and Ohio also got a few inches last night and today…Scott is working out there, and says they say 6 more inches tonight. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

laphon1
        Participant

Well if they have routed you through Washington State via Ft. Lewis/McChord AFB you should have no weather problems here. Yesterday was gorgeous. I guess the East Coast is getting our share of winter as well as their own. The downside to this is that there is concern about having enough snow for the Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

Hee hee…I wasn’t even thinking Washington State… ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Skigod377
          Participant

Yup, they had us landing in Dulles. I think the layover was something like 6 hours so it would have given us time to have some lunch or something. We shall see what the new itinerary says. In the mean time, this gives me time to handle the bomb that was dropped on me yesterday. (Sorry… yet another bad choice of words) My realtor contacted me with an estimate for roof repair… $4995. I almost fell out of my chair! She is getting me a second estimate and if she sends some pics, I can forward them to the claims adjuster and he says that the claim will probably get approved. I sure hope so because I dont have $5000 just laying around. It sure would be nice to have it all handled before I leave.

Holy poop! Yeah, ours in in need of some TLC too…I just wanted it to make it through the winter, and when taxes come back we will re shingle and replace anything bad. Scott doesn’t know this yet, but I say it needs to be done. ๐Ÿ˜• It’s been waiting for a couple years. IF he had fixed it back then, it wouldn’t be so bad now. ๐Ÿ™„

Pegasi1978
            Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Guess I better go unpack a uniform.

Glad to hear you will be hanging around for a little longer. Hubby never packed up all his uniforms when he deployed. He always left one or two hanging in the closet because he knew they would issue him more uniforms while he was deployed. He left the others behind in case he made it home before the conex with everyone’s gear arrived. That way he would be guaranteed to have at least one good uniform.

Hell, we still have most of his uniforms left over since the army won’t take the things back (even if the tags are still on them from when they were issued).

darjeb
              Participant

Please be careful and come back to your family and to all of us in one piece – our prayers go with you.

Starbreeze
                Participant

Any news? Will Dulles be open tomorrow? :scratch:

Skigod377
                  Participant

Turns out I didnt have to unpack anything because they just let us hang out at home. They say we are leaving tomorrow and our flight goes from here to denver to dulles to Kuwait. We shall see. What I dont want is to be stuck in Denver for days.

Hopefully the insurance will cover the roof… it was wind damage, so that is supposed to be covered in my insurance. Geez I hope so, otherwise I will just be deploying to pay for my roof!

I will keep in touch. I am sure I will have at least some time to myself.

Katherine
                    Participant

Stay safe! And we will see you soon! ๐Ÿ™‚

Skigod377
                      Participant

I made it to Kuwait safe and sound!

dragonmedley
                        Participant

Good! Now stay that way ๐Ÿ™‚

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Adaneth
                          Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

Good! Now stay that way ๐Ÿ™‚

Ditto that! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.