fbpx

LupusLunae's PYOs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone LupusLunae's PYOs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lupuslunae
    Participant

So I got three PYO blanks for xmas and have been having a blast working on them. Painting really isn’t my thing, so thanks so much to the forum members who made tutorial videos for the first quest; I really felt much better about trying to paint these guys after watching all the wonderful advice.

Kirin

I painted her black and white before putting my colors on just like Koishiikitty’s tutorial explained, and it made her look just amazing. I think it’s real subtle on the scales but gives her mane so much depth. So much easier than antiquing! She has blue interference paint on her muzzle, legs, and blue leg scales.

PYO Kirin windstone

PYO Kirin windstone

PYO Kirin windstone

PYO Kirin windstone

PYO Kirin windstone

PYO Kirin windstone

Little dragon

Still have a lot of clean-up to do on him. I painted him copper, and then put the greens on top, not totally covering up the copper in his scale seams. It looks pretty cool.

PYO small dragon Windstone

Phoenix

I was going to practice blending on this bird. I had three colors picked out and a simple plan in mind. Hah, but when I mixed some interference paints into my colors I was sooo blown away by how it looked I went nuts. He quickly turned into metallic rainbow interference paint puke bird. But I still love him, once I finish cleaning him up at least. Every color on him is either metallic, interference, or has interference mixed into it.

PYO phoenix windstone

PYO phoenix windstone

PYO phoenix windstone

Painting these guys is way too much fun.

Carolyn
      Participant

Pretties . Very nice . Love the blues and purple .

Beautiful Work. I think the eye colors you chose really compliment your paint schemes well. ๐Ÿ™‚

Adaneth
        Participant

Nice work on all three of them. Love the tailfeathers on that phoenix! ๐Ÿ™‚

dragonmedley
          Participant

I think the Kirin looked amazing just in black and white! It makes for a really effect.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Kelly
            Participant

Wow, they are great! Nice detail! ๐Ÿ™‚

Excellent work! I really need to go look at the tutorials and see if I can get up the nerve to try one of these myself.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.