fbpx

Lunar Eclipse…(Yay Photos!) ***Meteor "Storm" Tonight! 5/23***

Home Forums Miscellany Community Lunar Eclipse…(Yay Photos!) ***Meteor "Storm" Tonight! 5/23***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

So, I do not know how many stayed up for it, but I sure did!

sorry for poor quality, i have no tripod, and I was pretty zoomed on, mostly that I was shaking though from lack of air….

and 2 minute video for those interested…

For those who missed the lunar eclipse or just didn't want to stay up for it last night… I really hate my voice on video, I am glad you couldn't hear me breathing to much. I was panting a bit.

Posted by Allison Wier on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Did anybody else get pictures?

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

I missed it because it was cloudy here. Thank you for the pictures!

chibishiro12
    Participant

I stayed up to see it, and now I’m really sleepy. It was cool. Did anyone else see how bright Mars was? It practically drowned out the moon.

Looking for-
      red fire young dragon
      old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

Bodine
      Participant

Cool pics! Thanks for sharing. 😉 We had down pours all evening and night.Of course.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Adaneth
        Participant

For me in Minnesota, it was pretty cloudy until the tail-end. I didn’t even try to get photos. It was neat to see Mars so bright!

Sirithiliel
          Participant

Very nice! I wasn’t going to stay up till 3am to see it, so glad to see pictures!

Falcolf
            Participant

I was lazy and just went to bed! Thank you for the pictures! 😀

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Kim
              Blocked

I didn’t know there was a lunar eclipse or I would have watched it as I stay up late anyway. Thanks for the photos.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

That’s so awesome of you to post that. Although I knew about it, one must be bright and shiny for work, so one can buy moar Windstones!

I can’t remember the exact year, but it was definitely more than 8 years ago. I knew there was going to be an eclipse and I also wanted to tape it. I asked permission to go to a particular property that had no impeding light. I’m so glad that I did. It turned out to be the most absolutely amazing fall, red harvest moon eclipse that I think I will ever have the pleasure of seeing.

The one thing I learned, as I placed my video camera on top of a large hay roll to record it, was how amazingly fast this planet spins.

I swear, just as soon as I had the video camera perched perfectly on that hay roll so that the red moon was centered and began viewing it on the screen, I’d have to move it. This happened again and again and again. I’d reposition, start watching it and by golly if it wasn’t almost out of the frame again!

I kept thinking that my hay roll base was to soft and that the camera must be shifting on it. After enough times, it finally dawned on me that it was the rotation of the earth and as the light bulb went off over my head, the realization of just how fast we were spinning was definitely awe inspiring. Thank gawds for gravity. :->

I really need to dig that tape out and view it again. Nothing like a red harvest moon.

Speaking of moons, does everyone here who’s lunar oriented know that a blue moon means two full moons in a single Julian calander month and not a reference to color?

I know I was, “Huh? Really?”, when I learned that little tidbit.

~Hoofer, definitely a fan of the moon. “No, I’m not an insomniac, I’m nocturnal, there’s a difference ya know!”

Kim
                Blocked

I am nocturnal too as people can probably tell by my late posts. Speaking of blue moons I have a story. I worked for a company last year at fairs selling Moon Glow Necklaces where people would come up to our booth and we would look up their birthday and what the phase of moon was the day they were born. Then we would show them a necklace pendant with their phase of moon on it (an actual picture of the moon with a hard special coating over it) which when exposed to sun all day makes the moon picture in the pendant glow at night. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I have the necklace of my moon phase which is a ‘blue moon’. I thought it was special so bought one before I started working for them. The owners of the company explained what an actual blue moon was although with their company they actually used blue moons for new moons because of the moon being dark or not visible in the sky. The blue moon pendants we sold were the only ones that were actually coloured blue for fun and all the other moon phases were a light yellow. I have it here still so can post a pic tomorrow.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

Alas, as for most wonderful celestial events… it was deeply overcast, here. Thank you for sharing.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

I am nocturnal too as people can probably tell by my late posts. Speaking of blue moons I have a story. I worked for a company last year at fairs selling Moon Glow Necklaces where people would come up to our booth and we would look up their birthday and what the phase of moon was the day they were born. Then we would show them a necklace pendant with their phase of moon on it (an actual picture of the moon with a hard special coating over it) which when exposed to sun all day makes the moon picture in the pendant glow at night. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I have the necklace of my moon phase which is a ‘blue moon’. I thought it was special so bought one before I started working for them. The owners of the company explained what an actual blue moon was although with their company they actually used blue moons for new moons because of the moon being dark or not visible in the sky. The blue moon pendants we sold were the only ones that were actually coloured blue for fun and all the other moon phases were a light yellow. I have it here still so can post a pic tomorrow.

Oh, I would love to see that! Could you get one of it glowing too?

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Mary
                    Participant

Thanks for the pictures, 96037! First night it was too cloudy here to view (we had snow), last night it was clear enough but I’d forgotten all about it.

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Awe!! I didn’t even know about it, but it was very very overcast here as well so it wouldn’t have made a difference. Still awesome though, thanks for the amazing photos!!

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Wow, what a neat idea. Glowy pendant from absorbing the light is neat enough, but add in the personal touch of knowing the moon was in that phase during your birth, definite hit I’m sure.

I know if I thought the item was a bit pricey, but the knowledge that the moon was in that phase when I was born, that would sway me to spend a few more bucks for it.

Pictures of it please.

Curious, were they using a computer program to calculate the moon phases for all those birthdays? I know I downloaded a really neat, inexpensive program that someone made that showed you the phase of the moon for any particular date. I don’t recall if it went backwards in time though, sadly it’s on my old PC that needs a little TLC from a tech savy person. I booked a ski trip based on the full moon over a weekend with that program. Now how many people would do that?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.