fbpx

Lottery System

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Lottery System

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

I was just thinking that maybe a lottery system would work for the upcoming Amethyst Dragons. They do this with limited production Breyer Horses. Maybe just make the first batch a lottery. That way people won’t be so hurt because they had been camping the store all day went to make dinner come back and they are all gone or the ever dreaded “Your cart is empty” message. I am not to sure how it would work with the way the store is set up. It was just a thought ๐Ÿ™‚

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

As much as I get PO-ed when it happens (as it happened to me with the Orientals) I don’t think it would be fair to Windstone to ask that

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Laurie
      Participant

I don’t think it would be fair either. I’m sure they are busy enough and don’t really have time to manage a lottery. I’m not a happy camper that I keep missing the fledgies but I know one day I will eventually get one. I wouldn’t expect windstone to change the way they manage their online store, I think its pretty awesome of them to have limited production stuff available to us.

Adaneth
        Participant

I just wish they’d wait for a bigger batch to be ready, so it wouldn’t sell out quite so quickly. :shrug: But there’s no pleasing everyone!

Setsunawolf
          Participant

setsunawolf wrote:

Re-sellers have a right to buy them too. Just because they happened to be online when they hit the store doesn’t mean they should be barred from buying just because someone who wouldn’t resell wanted it. Windstone has already limited it to one per customer and that is something they don’t have to do.

I could complain that it’s not fair that all the ebay auctions end at 9pm for me or recently all the store pieces have been hitting so late at night. But that isn’t really realistic. Windstone is a business and we need to respect that there are some things they need to do to keep that business running.

I said this an another thread. I think my stand on Windstone as a business applies here too. It would be an awful lot of trouble and they already do so much for us.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
            Sun Dragon Koi #3

Jasmine
            Participant

Adaneth wrote:

I just wish they’d wait for a bigger batch to be ready, so it wouldn’t sell out quite so quickly. :shrug: But there’s no pleasing everyone!

They might not have the space. This factory is supposed to be quite a bit smaller. Keeping palate upon palate of painted peices just might not work.

Laurie
              Participant

They can send them to my house if they need more space ๐Ÿ˜€

Setsunawolf
                Participant

Jasmine wrote:

Adaneth wrote:

They might not have the space. This factory is supposed to be quite a bit smaller. Keeping palate upon palate of painted peices just might not work.

Holding onto inventory is expensive for a company. That is a good observation jasmine

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Setsunawolf
                  Participant

purpledoggy wrote:

They can send them to my house if they need more space ๐Ÿ˜€

I think we’d all volunteer for that onerous duty XD

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Laurie
                    Participant

I wouldn’t, I don’t have enough room now!! XD

Laurie
                      Participant

I don’t have any space either but I’ll make some ๐Ÿ˜‰

also they have customers who are not forum members, so a lottery for only forum members would not be fair for their other customers that only go to the online store

It was just an suggestion. It’s just what Breyer Horses company does for limited made models. Course Breyer is a huge company and seems to be expanding to Walmart and Target.

purpledragonclaw
                        Participant

Breyer is in Walmart and Target? Hmmm, I did not know that. Thanks, Griffinlover!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.