fbpx

Lost Kirin

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Lost Kirin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Setsunawolf
    Participant

I’ve never had this happen before so I’m hoping you guys have some ideas. I was suppost to receive a baby Kirin but he has shipped out Jan 11th or 12th and has yet to arrive. I’m worried about the little guy. He was sent USPS I believe. Any advice on how to locate him?
      Thanks

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
      Sun Dragon Koi #3

Setsunawolf
      Participant

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Mmloda
        Participant

I’ve had that happen before….hopefully he’s no actually lost and he still gets to you….does the seller have a tracking number on the package, if they do you can call USPS and find out where the little fella is… πŸ™‚

Marzena

Bob

You can check it on line too. I do not remember the sight

Jodi
            Participant

You can also look the number up on http://www.usps.com to track it. Hopefully they put a delivery confirmation on it so there’s a tracking number.

Bob

emerald212 wrote:

You can also look the number up on http://www.usps.com to track it. Hopefully they put a delivery confirmation on it so there’s a tracking number.

that is the web-site I could not remember

Copper83
                Participant

The problem with USPS Tracking is that it doesn’t show any info until the package is delivered to the post office that would be delivering it to you. I ran into this with a package from Windstone. Not very helpful. πŸ™

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

Delivery confirmation is not tracking, that’s why. It’s just a number that they scan when it’s delivered… hence, delivery confirmation.

If you want true tracking, use UPS, Fed Ex, or do a registered package or signature confirmation with tracking on it via USPS. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

Also don’t forget Monday was a federal holiday so that could have delayed the little bugger as well. Do you have confirmation from the seller that the baby kirin was shipped? And did you get insurance on the package? It’s still a bit early to file a lost package claim with the post office.

WolfenMachine
                      Participant

Jennifer wrote:

Delivery confirmation is not tracking, that’s why. It’s just a number that they scan when it’s delivered… hence, delivery confirmation.

If you want true tracking, use UPS, Fed Ex, or do a registered package or signature confirmation with tracking on it via USPS. πŸ™‚

I sent a letter (to Windstone, with my payment actually-yikes-) via registered mail…and maybe with a package it’s different, but with a letter, it ONLY shows up in their systems when its been delivered. And apparantly its super slow too-it’s been a full week of mailing days and still nothing πŸ™ So I think the mail is just running slow lately. With Sunday and Monday as non-mail days, I’m sure they’re trying to play catch-up

Jennifer
                        Keymaster

Yep- with packages you gotta have them put a Scan form on it to track like that. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                          My art: featherdust.com

Bob

I’m still getting things from Windstone in 2-3 days but now that I typed that my #10 Sun Dragon will get delayed (I hope not it left today)

As long as the seller got the address right, it will get to you.

With USPS they give tracking numbers with overnight packages. FedEx and UPS track everything.

I’ve hauled US mail and FedEx before, sadly no UPS freight. I much prefer the way FedEx handles their packages over the post office. They seperate the packages into large bins which they then roll onto the truck or into the plane. The PO just slings the boxes directly into the trailer to stack them. Obviously that still works, since a lot of stuff goes through them undamaged, but wow they can be rough. Things may have changed in the 5 years I’ve been retired, but this is just what I saw with my own eyes.

Keep as mind as well that if there’s bad weather somewhere along the route, the driver might be delayed a bit. Technically they only have so long to complete the run, but sometimes mother nature steps in.

I hope your kirin gets there soon. πŸ˜€

Setsunawolf
                            Participant

Kachina wrote:

As long as the seller got the address right, it will get to you.

With USPS they give tracking numbers with overnight packages. FedEx and UPS track everything.

I’ve hauled US mail and FedEx before, sadly no UPS freight. I much prefer the way FedEx handles their packages over the post office. They seperate the packages into large bins which they then roll onto the truck or into the plane. The PO just slings the boxes directly into the trailer to stack them. Obviously that still works, since a lot of stuff goes through them undamaged, but wow they can be rough. Things may have changed in the 5 years I’ve been retired, but this is just what I saw with my own eyes.

Keep as mind as well that if there’s bad weather somewhere along the route, the driver might be delayed a bit. Technically they only have so long to complete the run, but sometimes mother nature steps in.

I hope your kirin gets there soon. πŸ˜€
                              Thanks, I’m still hoping. I’m just concerned becuase Ski’s griffin arrived and so did my package from Windstone and they were coming from much farther away and shipped out after the little guy. I’m hoping he’s hung up in a postal hub and will showing up soon.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Skigod377
                              Participant

Good luck!! I am having bad luck shipping to Cheryl. The PO lost the PYO I mailed her, and now the tracking number for the kinglet she bought is not coming up in the system πŸ˜• I hope both our packages arrive soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.