fbpx

Looking for a book. I know someone here will know it!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Looking for a book. I know someone here will know it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

I have been searching forever for a book about a unicorn and a princess. Something about the king never letting the princess get hurt. She met a unicorn. The unicorn always told her something like “if you lie to me, I will die”. Turns out the princess lied to the unicorn.

Its been years and years since I was read this book, but I can’t find it anywhere. I remember the illustrations were beautiful. It’s not a Serindipity book either.
      TIA

Andrea
      Participant

is this the last unicorn?

Andrea
        Participant

Great movie! But no. Not the one.

the movie was based on a book.

It does sound veguely familiar but I don’t know the title.. childrens book right?

No it was not the last unicorn..

Pegasi1978
          Participant

Can you tell me a little more of what you remember about the book? There’s a community on livejournal called whatwasthatbook I was thinking about asking in to see if someone recognizes it.

From the community info page: The more details of the plot you can provide, the better, and it also helps if you know when and where (including country) you read it. Even things like ‘it may have been published by Scholastic’ can be useful! Try not to say ‘I read it in sixth grade’ without letting us know how long ago that was – we don’t know how old you are.

Maybe someone there will recognize it. I’ll third saying it’s not “The Last Unicorn” and yes the movie was based on the book. Unfortunately the author isn’t getting his fair share of the profits off sales of the movie. If anyone is intested they can find out more here.

Andrea
            Participant

Cool. Thanks.
              Really that’s the best my memory does.
              The princess spends all her time with unicorn at first. All the while the unicorn tells her if she lies, then the unicorn will die.
              I think the princess meets a boy and starts spending time with the boy instead of the unicorn. When the unicorn asks, the princess lies.
              I think the unicorn dies, but I’m not positive.
              That’s about it.
              Thanks for your help!

lamortefille
              Participant

You could also try Book Sleuth on AbeBooks

http://forums.abebooks.com/abesleuthcom

Pegasi1978
                Participant

No problem. I’ll let you know if I hear anything back. I thought I had read a lot of unicorn books in my time, but that isn’t one I’m familiar with.

SPark
                  Participant

I read it too, I think. Did it have illustrations? Was there a bit about the princess pricking her finger on a rose and bleeding a drop of blood, and it was the first time she’d ever been hurt?

Starbreeze
                    Participant

I have the book you’re looking for: One Unicorn written and illustrated by Gale Cooper.

Sadness, sadness, heartfelt pain
                      If all the love has been in vain.
                      When you spoke the single lie,
                      That marked, dear friend, my time to die.

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

I got one response from LJ so far if the one you are looking for isn’t the one Starbreeze listed.

Someone said: I remember reading a short story in a schoolbook called “A Net That Can Catch The Wind” or something like that – and it sounds vaguely familiar.

Andrea
                        Participant

THANK YOU!!!!
                          THAT’S THE ONE! I’M SO HAPPY!
                          XOXOXO

Skigod377
                          Participant

YAY! WTG Star!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.