fbpx

lol popcorn

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone lol popcorn

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Arlla
    Participant

So, I don’t know if this is actually worth making a thread for, but I got a package that amused me greatly and thought I would share.

I bought a chipped mother unicorn off ebay. I’ve had things shipped to me packed in some pretty weird stuff, and actually, comparatively, this one was packed very well! But instead of something normal like paper or packing peanuts, they used…

popcorn. Real, honest to goodness popcorn. The box smelled positively mouthwatering when I opened it. I’m kind of surprised the unicorn doesn’t still smell like it! But she was wrapped in cellophane, so maybe that protected her. ^_^

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
      -J R R Tolkien

Arlla
      Participant

-J R R Tolkien

Maria
        Participant

That’s inventive. πŸ˜† Did the horn break off in transit?

Arlla
          Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

That’s inventive. πŸ˜† Did the horn break off in transit?

Nope. I guess it was loose when they had it…they sent it in a ziplock baggie. Which is actually better – when the horns are in, they tend to bend or break the head. :/ The only part of it that’s broken is the knee, which has a big ol’ honkin’ chunk out of it! But I bought it knowing that.

-J R R Tolkien

Maria
            Participant

Oh, good. πŸ˜€

Skigod377
              Participant

OMG…. thats what we call the packing peanuts. Popcorn. I bet someone mentioned packing in popcorn and meant packing peanuts and the seller took it to heart! πŸ˜† I just asked my mom, “Do you know what ‘Popcorn’ is when you are shipping something?” She said “yeah.. its those little styrafoam peanuts.” I showed her this pic and she laughed out loud!

BDW
                Participant

😯 OMG…that’s funny!
                  Correct me if wrong but I find the box kind of small for the unicorn. you are lucky it did not break.

πŸ˜† That’s funny, I know canadapost website says something about packing with popcorn. I bet a few people don’t know thats packing chips. It would work though. (But if it ever got wet…ew)

Purplecat
                  Participant

It is more environmentally friendly! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

dragonmedley
                    Participant

D’you think they’ll be insulted if you don’t eat it?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Travistie
                      Participant

πŸ˜† That’s too funny!

That is SO creative!!

Stephanie
                        Participant

πŸ˜† Oh that is funny! Wow! Glad that it made it in one piece!!!

Our family has done that during christmas with breakable gifts. Popcorn works wonderfully and is environmentally friendly!! Try it!

PS Don’t use buttered ! Only plain!

Participant

Hey, whatever works!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.