fbpx

Lion Kirin

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Lion Kirin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Starbreeze
    Participant

Hi Melody,

We all know the sad story of the theft of the lion kirin. Is the lion kirin totally gone forever or do you think you can recreate him someday. He was so beautiful…. πŸ™

I hope those thieves get what’s coming to them someday… πŸ‘Ώ

Starbreeze
      Participant

Me too!

And I’d love to have a lion kirin one of these days!

Melody
        Keymaster

starbreeze wrote:

Hi Melody,

We all know the sad story of the theft of the lion kirin. Is the lion kirin totally gone forever or do you think you can recreate him someday. He was so beautiful…. πŸ™

SOMEWHERE I have the rough that this lion kirin was carved out of, but nobody has been able to find it yet. We have mountians of boxes containing old sculpture versions everywhere, and sorting through them is a real job.
          I also have several other versions of the lion kirin. (like I do of most of my sculptures) I have found one of them, so I can go from there. However, I had spent a ton of time on the face of the one that was stolen, and I had just gotten it to look perfect, exactly the way I wanted it to look. This is a specific character. I had sculpted it to be a drawing guide for me to use to draw that character… the other versions of this sculpture are pretty, but their faces aren’t exactly the way I picture my character looking…if that makes any sense…
          Fortunately, I have a few photos of the stolen sculpture, so at least I have a something to look at! I can probably use the photos to re-create the stolen Lion Kirin from one of the earlier versions. Thank you for the oppportunity to rant. Always makes me feel better! I love whimpering.

Starbreeze
          Participant

You are always welcome to rant to us. We all feel your pain over the lion kirin and the other stolen items. I saw the photo of him and he had a wonderful face. I hope you can bring him to life again soon. πŸ™‚

frozendragon
            Participant

let me know if you need someone to help go through boxes…that would be so interesting…

Starbreeze
              Participant

πŸ™„ πŸ™„ πŸ™„

frozendragon
                Participant

what…it would….but I would have to label everything….I label all the boxes I have….

and that’s a lot of labels….hehe

Starbreeze
                  Participant

I don’t think Melody would have a problem with labeling. You’d better bring your own labels though πŸ˜†

wolflodge100
                    Participant

frozendragon wrote:

let me know if you need someone to help go through boxes…that would be so interesting…

I agree, that would be VERY interesting! πŸ˜€

frozendragon
                      Participant

starbreeze wrote:

I don’t think Melody would have a problem with labeling. You’d better bring your own labels though πŸ˜†

I have a ton of em….hehe

frozendragon
                        Participant

wolflodge100 wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

yup…very interesting…and probably lots of fun…no matter how many boxes there are

Melody
                          Keymaster

frozendragon wrote:

wolflodge100 wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

yup…very interesting…and probably lots of fun…no matter how many boxes there are
                            I should post a pic of the box situation. It is staggering.

wolflodge100
                            Participant

Melody wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

wolflodge100 wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

I should post a pic of the box situation. It is staggering.

Thats ok, we are not easily scared, just more treasures to find! πŸ˜€

Sarah
                              Participant

Melody wrote:

starbreeze wrote:

Hi Melody,

SOMEWHERE I have the rough that this lion kirin was carved out of, but nobody has been able to find it yet. We have mountians of boxes containing old sculpture versions everywhere, and sorting through them is a real job.
                                I also have several other versions of the lion kirin. (like I do of most of my sculptures) I have found one of them, so I can go from there. However, I had spent a ton of time on the face of the one that was stolen, and I had just gotten it to look perfect, exactly the way I wanted it to look. This is a specific character. I had sculpted it to be a drawing guide for me to use to draw that character… the other versions of this sculpture are pretty, but their faces aren’t exactly the way I picture my character looking…if that makes any sense…
                                Fortunately, I have a few photos of the stolen sculpture, so at least I have a something to look at! I can probably use the photos to re-create the stolen Lion Kirin from one of the earlier versions. Thank you for the oppportunity to rant. Always makes me feel better! I love whimpering.

I know what you mean, Melody. Especially when designing a specific character, sometimes its a really long struggle to find that “look” you have in mind. At least you have a starting point! (the photos and older sculpture) The lion kirin may live again! πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.