fbpx

Like music?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Like music?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rusti
    Participant

Rusti
      Participant

http://www.pandora.com

A website based ‘radio’ station that lets you put in a song or artist you like and it will play other songs similar to that song or artist.

You can help it decide what to play for you by giving the current song a ‘thumbs up’ or a ‘thumbs down’ so the playlist is constantly evolving. You can mix ‘stations’ or create several different ones.

It’s completely free, although after listening to it for a little while, it will ask you to register and log in. It sends no spam mail as long as you make sure you tell it you don’t want newsletters.

Check it out!

Jasmine
        Participant

I guess you have to be in the US to get this. I went to the site and got this message:

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for most listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

Rusti
          Participant

Now that I wasn’t aware of, but I guess I’m not really surprised. Sad, though.

keschete
            Participant

Rusti wrote:

Now that I wasn’t aware of, but I guess I’m not really surprised. Sad, though.

Very Cool…my husband and I made a bunch of stations…:) Thanks!

Rusti
              Participant

Welcome! 🙂

Maria
                Participant

Jasmine wrote:

I guess you have to be in the US to get this. I went to the site and got this message:

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for most listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

Aw, phooey. I’ve heard of it before, though.

Yippee, I can listen to Nightwish all day. 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.