fbpx

Leaving for a convention

Home Forums Miscellany Community Leaving for a convention

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    purpledragonclaw
    Participant

Welcome back, emerald! Glad you made some good money! Can’t wait to see pics of your trip! πŸ˜€

Jodi
      Participant

Sorry I didn’t get pics posted last night. I was too exhausted, and then a big storm came through, so I turned off the computer. I can’t afford to lose anything on it, so it’s better safe than sorry.

I’ll try for tonight.

Starbreeze
        Participant

We had a big storm yesterday evening too!!! Somehow I don’t think it’s the same one. It’s a long way from Minnesota to Florida. Maybe I’ll get yours later this week. πŸ˜†

Jodi
          Participant

Here are the pictures, as promised.

Me, in my costume in the foyer of the Egyptian party room.

Me, with Anubis, who was guarding the Egyptian party room.

Me, with my beautiful friend Amy. She had a hand-made beaded scarab collar on that she made herself.

The hubby as a mad scientist. He kept saying, “I’m not mad. Just a little upset.” πŸ˜†

Me with Willy Wonka. I just happened to have this shirt on.

My three friends, L to R, Rich (dressed as a Dr. Who character – The Master), Angel (dressed as Victorian Age Wonder Woman), and Stephen (dressed as Rochak (sp?) from a comic book).

My gorgeous friend Katrina.

I don’t know these people, but the guy makes a great Tony Stark (Iron Man), equipped with an arc reactor on his chest and some arm candy.

Jasmine
            Participant

Very cool costume Em. And the guy is Rorschach, from Alan Moore’s graphic novel The Watchmen.

twindragonsmum
              Participant

Looks like you had a great time! I’ll get to a costume con one of these days… (I completely missed the con in Utah and we lived there πŸ™„ ) Any chance of a close up pic of the scarab collar?

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Starbreeze
                Participant

I love your costume!!! πŸ˜€

Jodi
                  Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

Looks like you had a great time! I’ll get to a costume con one of these days… (I completely missed the con in Utah and we lived there πŸ™„ ) Any chance of a close up pic of the scarab collar?

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

Yeah, if you don’t care how tired and wasted I look in it. Amy and I switched collars for a while. I’ll post the pic of her in mine too. It will be tonight. Right now, I have to get to the gym before I lose all motivation. πŸ˜€

Jodi
                    Participant

starbreeze wrote:

I love your costume!!! πŸ˜€

Thanks. I made it myself (not the headdress or collar though).

Starbreeze
                      Participant

Wow!! Very impressive!! πŸ˜€ I’ve always been fascinated by ancient Egypt. πŸ˜‰

Jodi
                        Participant

Okay. I warned you. Man, do I look awful in this picture.

Here is me, wearing Amy’s bead scarab collar.

Here is Amy, wearing my collar. Fortunately, she looks just as drunk as I do. πŸ™„

Jodi
                          Participant

Jasmine wrote:

Very cool costume Em. And the guy is Rorschach, from Alan Moore’s graphic novel The Watchmen.

Thanks. I knew that. I was just too burnt out from work to have a brain, when I posted the pics.

Jodi
                            Participant

Here’s one more that was nice. The Egyptian party room had a part of a wall that people could sign, so I signed it.

Now we know how those paintings/hieroglyphs got in the pyramids/temples/etc. πŸ˜†

twindragonsmum
                              Participant

emerald212 wrote:

Okay. I warned you. Man, do I look awful in this picture.

Here is me, wearing Amy’s bead scarab collar.

Here is Amy, wearing my collar. Fortunately, she looks just as drunk as I do. πŸ™„

Thank you for the close ups! Beautiful, beautiful work… I love bead work; for one of my finals in costuming at Uni I recreated a 1920’s flapper gown that was in the costume morgue but falling to pieces, right down to the 6 inch long bugle bead fringe… I’ve also hand beaded pagent gowns and appreciate the amount of time and energy that goes into any beaded item πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum

tdm

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.