fbpx

Leather Bracers (No photos yet, but need opinions!)

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Leather Bracers (No photos yet, but need opinions!)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    KaytanaPhoenix
    Participant

I’m working on a pair of ladies leather bracers.. but I’m sorta stuck on what to do with them? Should I do one with a unicorn on it and the other a dragon or both unis? (One of ’em is gettin a uni! lol since I’m currently working on it, lol)

WolfenMachine
      Participant

I vote one unicorn and one dragon

dragonmedley
        Participant

This one of these instances where I’m clueless… I need pics in order to understand what we’re talking about 🙂

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

This one of these instances where I’m clueless… I need pics in order to understand what we’re talking about 🙂

I’ll post a work in progress of the uni one soon as it’s at a point worth looking at XD lmao…

Mike
            Participant

Unicorns on both. I know a wonderful non-profit that studies life in the middle ages, and a pair of ladies bracers with unicorns would be a wonderful thing for the ladies of the group. They are always in need of crafts for prizes for a number of events they have. They are often looking for donations to raise monies to help at various levels from Kingdom to a simple shire.
              Would love to see a photo of them when done. I even know someone that would be so happy to wear them as her device is a rampant Unicorn Argent (white) on a purpure field (purple) but any colors would be great.

siberakh1
              Participant

Are they for you, for someone else, or for sale? Depends on what you are going for. Most people I know would probably go for a matched set, though if there was a reason, someone could have different detail work. Depends on the concept for the costume or character (if that is the case). Regardless of which creature you have, I would have them face inward toward each other or outward away from each other (when you have the bracers side by side).

I’d definitely like to see pictures when you are done!

Are they for you, for someone else, or for sale? Depends on what you are going for. Most people I know would probably go for a matched set, though if there was a reason, someone could have different detail work. Depends on the concept for the costume or character (if that is the case).

I’d tend to agree with this. And personal vote goes to dragons…though if they’re a sale piece, unis may do better. Sorry, natural born fence sitter here, I’m no help at all. LOL

KaytanaPhoenix
                Participant

Are they for you, for someone else, or for sale? Depends on what you are going for. Most people I know would probably go for a matched set, though if there was a reason, someone could have different detail work. Depends on the concept for the costume or character (if that is the case).

I’d tend to agree with this. And personal vote goes to dragons…though if they’re a sale piece, unis may do better. Sorry, natural born fence sitter here, I’m no help at all. LOL

I’m a fence sitter too! Hence the prob XD

I’m not sure if these will be for me or for sale (Maybe trade for Windstones if anyone is interested).. honestly the uni idea came to me last night.. the ones I want to eventually do for myself will have the black pearl on one and a mermaid on the other (My usual ren fest outfit is Pirate, I’ve gotten to a point where I put lil things into it that show respect to POTC lol) but I am working on a new outfit, that’s all up in the air, haha.. and I’ve never tried tooling a uni into leather before.. so this is also in hopes that whole plan doesn’t fall on its face, haha…

I was definitely going to do them facing opposite directions, ‘n I’ve found some rennies prefer a similar pair but mismatched in detail.. I suppose it depends on the outfit itself.. a uni/dragon mix differs them while keeping them alike enough that they should make a decent looking pair.. I have a mockup bracer that has the uni on it right now (Foam with the uni penciled on) maybe I should do another mockup with a dragon and another with a uni.. see if they look alright together, it’s like the leathercraft sketch version haha.

Hmm.. I’m gonna go do dishes and then probably cook dinner and all that misc stuff ;p but maybe after that I will post a photo of the mocked up bracer, it isn’t anything fancy looking but it’ll give ya’ll something of an idea I’m going with! haha

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.