fbpx

Labradorite Mother Griffin

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Labradorite Mother Griffin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

She’s done! As you can see she’s a little more subdued in tone than the male, and she is slightly more brownish=grey than he is. I wanted to make them subtly dimorphic just like many real birds are.

She has two small labradorite cabochons in her necklace and rump jewelry, and a sapphire in her tailtip jewelry. Her jewelry is aluminum leaf just as the male’s is.

Sadly the photos don’t really capture her well, she is very subtle and pretty. I took a few close ups so you can see the detail in her feather banding. And she has some of the best leafing I’ve done! Her rump jewelry was really tough but came out nice.

The happy couple, say it with me: Awww!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Very pretty. I love her tail jewels against her rump.

WolfenMachine
        Participant

*awe*
          Nam, you are my hero. (But since you’re female, that makes you my heroin 😈 )
          she’s so beautiful! Her jewelry looks like REAL SILVER against REAL FEATHERS! I want to poke her to make sure she’s still gypsym and not a squishy bird that would bite me for poking her ^_^ You should post a picture in the auction for the male, to let people know there will be a mate…but either make it a link to these photos or put in big red letters ‘FOR SALE SEPERATELY’

Well done! (of course) πŸ˜€

😯 😯 She is beyond words, Nam! Fantastic job. I really, really like the brown tones. I think I like her even better than the male but they are awesome together. Beautiful shading. I like the idea of the sexual dimorphism.

Do you need someone to clean your house? I promise she’ll be there when I’m done. (crosses fingers behind back) 😈

Lupin
          Participant

More whimpering

Starbreeze
            Participant

Nam, she’s sooooo beautiful!!! What a wonderful couple!!! πŸ˜€

KoishiiKitty
              Participant

What a pretty mom! I really like how she turned out, so regal!

Elena
                Participant

Ohhh so beautiful!!!

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

WolfenMachine wrote:

*awe*
                    Nam, you are my hero. (But since you’re female, that makes you my heroin 😈 )
                    she’s so beautiful! Her jewelry looks like REAL SILVER against REAL FEATHERS! I want to poke her to make sure she’s still gypsym and not a squishy bird that would bite me for poking her ^_^ You should post a picture in the auction for the male, to let people know there will be a mate…but either make it a link to these photos or put in big red letters ‘FOR SALE SEPERATELY’

Well done! (of course) πŸ˜€

I don’t have any access to the auctions, but thank you! We mentioned that I was painting a family for the male in the auction at least. πŸ™‚

Skylover
                    Participant

They are just stunning! Wow! Now if I could just afford one.

Adaneth
                      Participant

Awwwwww…she is so lovely! I wish they could come to life and I could see them with their wings folded, or *drools* flying!

Beautiful work! πŸ˜€

Maria
                        Participant

She’s gorgeous. I’d love to see that pair in my room… 😈

Skigod377
                          Participant

Can I have her? C’mon… you dont really need to send that one off. Just ship her to me. I wont tell anyone. I promise!

She’s beautiful, someday, if I am really really lucky, I’ll win the lottery while you are still painting these.

Kyrin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.