fbpx

labeling dragons

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone labeling dragons

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dragonshoard
    Participant

I know all the test paints are labeled on the pad.

How about at least the color codes for the production/LP ones. (at least some of them?)

Can you, WITHOUT looking at the pictures in the store or in the gallery, RELIABLY identify:

Red Flame vs Violet Flame curl
      Glacier vs Blue Pearl curl
      Nutmeg vs Toasted Pearl curl
      BVP lap vs BEP lap

Especially if you DON’T have both to compare side by side.
      Heck, it wasn’t until we got our first Red Fire dragon that we were sure the others we had were Ruby (they didn’t come with fitted labeled boxes and had been in storage the entire time between purchase and display – about 2 years)

How much would it “devalue” my curls to put the color code on the pad?

Wampus Dragon
      Participant

I wouldnt label them if they didnt come from the factory that way. I can tell the difference in all of those, but it takes a lot of time staring at Windstones and noticing the little differences….

Skeeterdeee
        Participant

What about a tiny square of masking tape on the hang tag with the number on it? That would securely mark it with the number or color name, but could be fairly easy to remove if you needed to.

Kiya
          Participant

I 2nd skeeter’s idea, but use painter’s tape. It’s less likely to stick when you don’t want it to.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Yea, painters tape works great for that kind of stuff, I third that

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

dragonshoard
              Participant

the painter’s tape would work for the ones I have.

Part of this was to raise the idea of having windstone mark the pads with the sculpture number and color code of future dragons from the factory. Think how many times you have talked to a store owner or other person who doesn’t know the first thing about the dragons and can’t tell the difference between ruby and red fire or male, emperor, or spectals. If they could turn it over and tell you it is a ‘503-RF’ or a ‘520-EP’ there would be no question what they have.

Just a thought…

twindragonsmum
                Participant

That’s a really good idea!

twindragonsmum

tdm

littleironhorse
                  Participant

…Part of this was to raise the idea of having windstone mark the pads with the sculpture number and color code of future dragons from the factory…

I like the notion, but…

I’m trying to figure out how this could be done inexpensively and without adding too much time to production, but I can’t see it.

I think it’s been mentionned before that Windstone uses a stamp to mark the pads, so if you want to add not only the color, but also the item number to the pad think of the number of different stamps that would need to be made.

And how do you insert this into the production timeline: add number/color to the pads in advance? Then you add filing time, so that each one is easily identified and accessible. I guess adding the number/color at the very end wouldn’t be so bad, but it seems like more manipulation of the piece than just adding a sticky on the tag to me.

Also, if we’re talking about having both number and color on the pad/tag, I think that the sheer number of different stamps/stickies would create too much opportunity for mistakes.

If Windstone were to decide to do this, I think that just a color code sticky on the tag would be the less risky, expensive and time consuming way to do this.

Zelda
                    Participant

Just a suggestion for those wanting to use tape to label the pads or tags – the adhesive will eventually degrade and leave a nasty stain! Eventually every kind of tape will turn brittle while the adhesive turns gummy. For a way to label things that’s completely removable, I’d suggest the little paper and string tags you see on jewelry and small flea market items. Most craft stores should carry them. You can loop the string around the tag, and remove them at any time. That way your labeling won’t risk damaging your pieces!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

I like Zelda’s idea. I was thinking of suggesting something like that when I got down to the last post. I think it would be fairly easy for us collectors to do and those talented people in production could continue to do what they do best without adding yet another step to their processes.

Christine
                      Participant

I’d suggest the little paper and string tags you see on jewelry and small flea market items. Most craft stores should carry them. You can loop the string around the tag, and remove them at any time. That way your labeling won’t risk damaging your pieces!

Win! 😀 Great idea!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.