fbpx

Kim Harrison

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Kim Harrison

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Lupuslunae
    Participant

Got a copy of the new Kim Harrison book (A PERFECT BLOOD, available now at a bookstore near you)! I wasn’t sure that there would be a good way forward after PALE DEMON, so I was happy to see Harrison handle this one with her usual flair. ๐Ÿ™‚

Everything Kim does is amazing :bigsmile: I’m dying already for her next book “Ever After”, which sounds like the one she promised us will take place almost entirely in the Ever After! Sigh, I still need to get the real copy of PB to do my part for getting her on the best sellers list… Didn’t you LOVE the last chapter? Al’s such a terrible, hilarious jerk!

etruscan
      Participant

Got a copy of the new Kim Harrison book (A PERFECT BLOOD, available now at a bookstore near you)! I wasn’t sure that there would be a good way forward after PALE DEMON, so I was happy to see Harrison handle this one with her usual flair. ๐Ÿ™‚

Everything Kim does is amazing :bigsmile: I’m dying already for her next book “Ever After”, which sounds like the one she promised us will take place almost entirely in the Ever After! Sigh, I still need to get the real copy of PB to do my part for getting her on the best sellers list… Didn’t you LOVE the last chapter? Al’s such a terrible, hilarious jerk!

Definitely loved the last chapter. Al is a jerk, but Trent still seems more unreliable – what is wrong with this picture? I made the mistake of reading some of the PALE DEMON reviews on Amazon and most people seemed to be worrying about who Rachel would end up with. I’m thinking “Who says she has to end up with anybody!!! Is this really the point of these books??” Sheesh!

Oh my god…..I Love to Read and have such a hard time finding anything I’ll enjoy. I really love to read LKH so I am gonna run out and check out Kim Harrison. Anyone got any other Author suggestions for me along the vein of Hamilton. I really like, Vampire, Werewolf, night creature of any kind etc. Ya get my drift. Oh and of course Dragons!!!

JR Ward, Keri Arthur, Patricia Briggs, Carrie Vaughn, Mary Janice Davidson and Lora Leigh

etruscan
        Participant

Oh my god…..I Love to Read and have such a hard time finding anything I’ll enjoy. I really love to read LKH so I am gonna run out and check out Kim Harrison. Anyone got any other Author suggestions for me along the vein of Hamilton. I really like, Vampire, Werewolf, night creature of any kind etc. Ya get my drift. Oh and of course Dragons!!!

JR Ward, Keri Arthur, Patricia Briggs, Carrie Vaughn, Mary Janice Davidson and Lora Leigh

Don’t forget the YA (Young Adult) shelves. I think some of the best fantasy at the moment is in that category. Sarah Rees Brennan’s demon books (THE DEMON’S LEXICON, THE DEMON’S COVENANT, & THE DEMON’S SURRENDER) are excellent.

dragonmedley
          Participant

And Charlaine Harris. Nancy A. Collins too for older vampire-style stuff.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

dragonmedley
            Participant

etruscan
              Participant

Charlaine Harris is an interesting writer. I happen to prefer her mysteries (with Aurora Teagarden or Harper Connelly) to her Sookie Stackhouse books. I got bored with Sookie and the way the stories were going after a few books, but I’m probably a minority!

dragonmedley
                Participant

Charlaine Harris is an interesting writer. I happen to prefer her mysteries (with Aurora Teagarden or Harper Connelly) to her Sookie Stackhouse books. I got bored with Sookie and the way the stories were going after a few books, but I’m probably a minority!

I read everything she wrote and of all her characters, Lily Bard is my favorite.

Oh you guys, you are missing P.C Cast & Kristen Cast, pretty much everything. And a big one, Kelley Armstrong…she has Werewolves, vampires, necromancers, witches. I have everything she has ever written…she is very very good.

If none of you have read past Jim Butcher’s Dresden series, I highly recommend reading his Codex of Alera series as well, first book is Furies of Calderon. If Tavi can’t hook you in pretty quick, I will be very surpised.

For a more sci-fi direction, with humans & anthromorphic cat & lizard aliens, I recommend Lisanne Norman, first book Turning Point.

I can go on & on, with this topic.

I also love all of LKH stuff, Anita Blake & Merry Gentry series, if you guys have missed those, I highly recommend them as well. (warning, Merry Gentry is dark more or less from get go since she is of the Unseelie Faery court, & they are into some kinky S&M type scenes.) (Anita’s world slides in that direction around book 6 or so…due to some complication of her unique situation, all I’m gonna say. ๐Ÿ™‚ )Great stories though, everything ties together well, makes sense.

All the other authors mentioned are also very good.

Kyrin

etruscan
                  Participant

I say that books are like chocolate, some people prefer light and some prefer dark! I enjoy the Meredith Gentry books too but never got into Anita Blake. Maybe I’ll take another look.

P.S. I also can go on and on …

I Love Love Love anything LKH and I have and do read P.C. Cast. Fantastic….thank you all for your suggestions. I now have a list to take to the library. YEAH ๐Ÿ™‚

Skeeterdeee
                    Participant

My hubby is a HUGE Patricia Briggs fan. Her Mercy Thompson series is about a were-coyote just trying to live her life. That series has lots of werewolves, vampires, demons, and fairies. Her Alpha and Omega series is about a woman who falls in love with the alpha werewolf’s son. My hubby devours those books! (I read mainly scary books :D)

etruscan
                      Participant

“Ever After” is coming out this month (January 22 according to Amazon). Waiting anxiously, and hoping that Kim Harrison can handle wherever she is going with the Rachel Morgan series. ๐Ÿ™‚

dragonmedley
                        Participant

And I just bought Perfect Blood!

Lupuslunae
                          Participant

Since I am now jobless, I didn’t pay a crazy amount for an ARC this year, so I too am stuck waiting for the 22nd. All the early reviewers seem to be really impressed though, so I am crazy excited. I cannot wait, it’s like a mini holiday. I get to harass and chase the Barnes and Noble people who do not put out the new books at opening quick enough, heh =D

Perfect Blood is good…but it’s one of those books that crop up every 4 or 5 books that is mostly moving everyone into a new story arc, and I think PB was helping set us up for the end. Kim posted on her blog that she is sending the 12th book to the publisher now. Sigh, I never want it to end! I do not like her YA series, and I will be high and dry on urban fantasy when the Hollows finishes…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.