Kim Harrison

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Kim Harrison

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Anyone here read the series by Kim Harrison? It starts with Dead Witch Walking. Very much in the vein of Laurell Hamilton with less angst. I think that many people who like LKH would like this series. I started reading it in between her and Jim Butcher.

dragonmedley
    Participant

I read the whole series; loved it! I think there’s a new one out.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Maria
      Participant

I’ve never heard of either series, but I’m not much up-to-date on fantasy anyway… I’ll look it up.

Great series! I’ve read every one. Although I thought she might end up with the elf but now I don’t think so…

frozendragon
        Participant

Read em all….very good….

Rachel is a mess….that’s why I like her so much….cause she’s more real…

the last book ended kind of sad….

can’t wait till the next one to see if it was really Ivy or not….

etruscan
          Participant

Until now, I didn’t realize that a Kim Harrison thread was started way back when. She has a new book just out (Pale Demon) and it is good! In my opinion, it is worth taking another look if you have gotten tired of the series. ๐Ÿ™‚

dragonmedley
            Participant

I didn’t know a new one just came out! Added to my wishlist ๐Ÿ˜€

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Lupuslunae
              Participant

I love Kim Harrison! I took the day off work for the release of Pale Demon =D Can’t wait for February again!

etruscan
                Participant

LupusLunae wrote:

I love Kim Harrison! I took the day off work for the release of Pale Demon =D Can’t wait for February again!

Ha – I just haunted my local bookstore, which unfortunately is in the process of going out of business. I don’t know what I’ll do for the next one since I prefer to avoid Amazon and support the remaining “real” bookstores. Probably just drive up to Annapolis.

Lupuslunae
                  Participant

Good to see other fans here ๐Ÿ™‚ The graphic novel that takes place before the first book comes out in July, so there is at least a bit of new Hollows incoming before February.

I need to make a sig with my new favorite Hollows’ lines. Something with “Oh my God! What is wrong with your marshmallows?”

Lupuslunae
                    Participant

Just splurged on the ARC of A Perfect Blood…couldn’t help it, I know the authors get screwed when ARCs are sold, but hot damn I will be across country when the new one comes out and probably unable to get it day of the release. This way I can already have the book read, enjoy my vacation and crazy fun anime convention, and get the complete and corrected work a few days after with no rush (since I’ll already know what happens!). I got the fast shipping, but ooooo can’t wait!!!

I just tried a new urban fantasy writer/series and almost puked my guts out. It can be such an interesting genre, but there is so much cliche crap out there it makes the masters really shine. So yeah, I need Kim’s new work NOW! But then again, it’s three more days to try and get through some of the books I’ve chucked aside earlier in the year. I really do like Umberto Eco, but Name of the Rose is KILLING ME! I think it’s because I’m trying to un-rust my Latin and do the translations myself….ahhhhhhh.

etruscan
                      Participant

Got a copy of the new Kim Harrison book (A PERFECT BLOOD, available now at a bookstore near you)! I wasn’t sure that there would be a good way forward after PALE DEMON, so I was happy to see Harrison handle this one with her usual flair. ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh my god…..I Love to Read and have such a hard time finding anything I’ll enjoy. I really love to read LKH so I am gonna run out and check out Kim Harrison. Anyone got any other Author suggestions for me along the vein of Hamilton. I really like, Vampire, Werewolf, night creature of any kind etc. Ya get my drift. Oh and of course Dragons!!!

etruscan
                        Participant

Oh my god…..I Love to Read and have such a hard time finding anything I’ll enjoy. I really love to read LKH so I am gonna run out and check out Kim Harrison. Anyone got any other Author suggestions for me along the vein of Hamilton. I really like, Vampire, Werewolf, night creature of any kind etc. Ya get my drift. Oh and of course Dragons!!!

Vampires, witches, werewolves, (demons) … you’ll certainly like Kim Harrison. The Hollows is an amazing creation. BUT, try to start with DEAD WITCH WALKING and read her novels in order. There is a definite progression to the story of Rachel Morgan and her worlds.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.