fbpx

Khat update

Home Forums Miscellany Community Khat update

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Hope you have a speedy recovery. πŸ˜€

Jasmine
      Participant

Get lots of rest and use a straw!! πŸ˜†

Jodi
        Participant

Just don’t stick the straw in your eye. πŸ˜€

emerald212 wrote:

Ouch…. that does hurt by the way (my brother was mean when we were kids…. lol)

Dragon87 wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

Owie! That hurt just thinking about it! I think I’ll just drink my coffeee upright Thanks πŸ˜†

The Doctor said that my retina is 100% attached. Better than expected. YAY! I have two broken blood vessels on opposite sides which is unusual, but hey this is me. Not a problem as long as they are not bleeding into my eye and so far they are not. I have permission to do what ever I like for short periods except bending over and lifting. No horseback riding πŸ˜€
          Basic common sense, “if it hurts my eye don’t do it” kind of stuff. If I feel pressure in my eye don’t do that either. And yes I do have common sense most of the time! What’s making it hurt right now is the Scleral buckle behind my eye muscles. Their not use to that foreign object being there. I’m good though til the Codeine wears off. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

khat7 wrote:

Dragon87 wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

Owie! That hurt just thinking about it! I think I’ll just drink my coffeee upright Thanks πŸ˜†

The Doctor said that my retina is 100% attached. Better than expected. YAY! I have two broken blood vessels on opposite sides which is unusual, but hey this is me. Not a problem as long as they are not bleeding into my eye and so far they are not. I have permission to do what ever I like for short periods except bending over and lifting. No horseback riding πŸ˜€
          Basic common sense, “if it hurts my eye don’t do it” kind of stuff. If I feel pressure in my eye don’t do that either. And yes I do have common sense most of the time! What’s making it hurt right now is the Scleral buckle behind my eye muscles. Their not use to that foreign object being there. I’m good though til the Codeine wears off. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

Just don’t let my brother near it and you can drink through a straw…. πŸ˜‰ Just kidding, that was when he was what… 7? At most?

NirvanaCat13
          Participant

khat7 wrote:

Thanks for posting that 2Huberts. And for the Big print Nirvanacat πŸ˜† I just had my son include any personal email address in by list that was’nt family and a few of you are on there πŸ˜‰
            I have to keep my head tilted to the right as much as possible πŸ˜› I found out this morning that it is not smart to do that and try to drink hot coffee 😳 I should take a picture with my big ole eyepatch for the meet people section AAARRGGHH πŸ˜†

I always knew you were one of us pirates by heart!!!!

dragonmedley
            Participant

πŸ˜† on the big print, Nirvana…

I’m glad you’re doing good. Hopefully you’ll be back to 100% in no time.

When my mom got laser surgery for her eyes, she was allowed 15 minutes of reading at a time, 15 minutes of computer, 15 minutes of sewing; gardening wasn’t good because of the dust. She was bored! So she went shopping…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

twindragonsmum
              Participant

It’s great that it all went well for you! Interesting side note… I’d been talking to both my mums (my mum and mum-in-law) about what their surgeries had been like for cataracts. Mum had her’s taken care of about a year ago and Roddy’s mum had her’s done when Roddy was about 9 years old (35 years ago) The advances in technology have been amazing along with the out come. Mum had basically the the same recoup. instructions as you, khat. Roddy’s mum had to recoup in hospital for a week and they sand bagged her; literally put sand bags around her head and a strap across the forehead to keep her from moving it at all 😯 No sitting up, no standing, no walking, no television, no reading, no needlework, no knitting, no crocheting, no nothing. When she went home a week later, the instuctions were the same for 5 more weeks… I think I’da gone crazy! I’m suprised mum didn’t 😯 The difference between lasers and scalpel! Mum then had to wear those horrible Coke bottom lens glasses; they didn’t have the technology at the time to replace cornea and lens like they do now. I’m glad I live now. I know that the medical proffession still has to make ‘guesses’ on some diagnosis, but treatment and care for most things is so far advanced these days that recoup time, results and mortality rates are soooooooo much better! Hang in there, khat! If you need someone to come help vacuum or clean bathrooms or fold laundry, just give me a holler and I’ll be there!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

lamortefille
                Participant

I’m happy you are ok, khat!! πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum wrote:

It’s great that it all went well for you! Interesting side note… I’d been talking to both my mums (my mum and mum-in-law) about what their surgeries had been like for cataracts. Mum had her’s taken care of about a year ago and Roddy’s mum had her’s done when Roddy was about 9 years old (35 years ago) The advances in technology have been amazing along with the out come. Mum had basically the the same recoup. instructions as you, khat. Roddy’s mum had to recoup in hospital for a week and they sand bagged her; literally put sand bags around her head and a strap across the forehead to keep her from moving it at all 😯 No sitting up, no standing, no walking, no television, no reading, no needlework, no knitting, no crocheting, no nothing. When she went home a week later, the instuctions were the same for 5 more weeks… I think I’da gone crazy! I’m suprised mum didn’t 😯 The difference between lasers and scalpel! Mum then had to wear those horrible Coke bottom lens glasses; they didn’t have the technology at the time to replace cornea and lens like they do now. I’m glad I live now. I know that the medical proffession still has to make ‘guesses’ on some diagnosis, but treatment and care for most things is so far advanced these days that recoup time, results and mortality rates are soooooooo much better! Hang in there, khat! If you need someone to come help vacuum or clean bathrooms or fold laundry, just give me a holler and I’ll be there!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

I’m very happy about the advancements in Surgery! πŸ˜†

I had a check up yesterday and things look good. Still some blood clots in there so I have to be careful until they clear up. No bending over or lifting.
                  Aw shucks, the kids and Hubby have to pick up the slack 😈 πŸ˜†
                  Thanks for the over Twindragonsmum. I’ll let you know if you need to step in LOL

Lupin
                  Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

Oh wow think about it, 25 years ago when my best friend was born they could do transplants for adults, but since she was a baby they couldn’t do anything. and 12 years ago when she tried to get the lense replacemnt they told her she’d be able to get they told her she’d had too much scar tissue. However 2 years ago they could and did give her the surgery, but at 25 they warned her she would probably never be able to truly see. Reason her brain just hasn’t and probably can’t learn how to see what she never did learn to see in the first place, since an adults brain is fairly static unlike a child’s. She had Cateracts when she was born, and they were removed when she was a couple months old. She’sstill hoping something will slowly over the years start connecting, she has been told its possible, but that possibility is virtually non-existent.

Lupin wrote:

twindragonsmum wrote:

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

Oh wow think about it, 25 years ago when my best friend was born they could do transplants for adults, but since she was a baby they couldn’t do anything. and 12 years ago when she tried to get the lense replacemnt they told her she’d be able to get they told her she’d had too much scar tissue. However 2 years ago they could and did give her the surgery, but at 25 they warned her she would probably never be able to truly see. Reason her brain just hasn’t and probably can’t learn how to see what she never did learn to see in the first place, since an adults brain is fairly static unlike a child’s. She had Cateracts when she was born, and they were removed when she was a couple months old. She’sstill hoping something will slowly over the years start connecting, she has been told its possible, but that possibility is virtually non-existent.

Can she see anything besides light? It’s amazing what they can do now. Who knows what they’ll come up with in the next few years!

Purplecat
                    Participant

I’m relieved to hear that you’re recovering well!!!! That kind of surgery sounds very scary, I’m glad it went well! Take care, and keep healing great! πŸ˜€

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.