fbpx

Kevlar Unicorn’s PYOs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Kevlar Unicorn’s PYOs

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    K.Unicorn
    Participant

Long time no post! I’ve been busy but I have still found time for a few paints.

This one was a semi artistic-liberty commission. I call her “Glacier.”

267195720_4885540174803048_8479917412830580352_n

Check out my art at www.kevlarunicorn.com!

K.Unicorn
      Participant

This one is called “Serene.” She was a gift for a friend. Who has been helping me through a lot of tough times. My friend loves Kitsune and these colors. I tried color shift paint on her and it was super fun!

I should note I’ve recently switched to doing all bristle-brush painting and it’s been really refreshing. It takes longer which has increased my pricing, but it’s loads of fun and I really like the outcome. I think it gives a lot more depth.

267667029_4885541218136277_5142029784978331758_n

K.Unicorn
        Participant

If you follow Windstone on social media, this little guy might look familiar. This is Caspian! He got featured on their social media recently. A lovely little friend. Making the gradient was extra fun.

He already has a home, but I am available for commissions! Info below the pic!

267716098_4885546288135770_7503819853476825202_n

These are the PYOs I have on hand and info on commissions. If you’re interested, please read all terms and then email me at kevlarunicorn@gmail.com (I don’t always log in here super frequently so I may not see DMs)!

Prices for on-hand PYOs:
          Kitty Griffin (2x with dark brown eyes): $175
          Phoenix (2x): $225
          Dragon, small (dark green eyes and olivine gem): $245
          Hippocampus (dark red eyes and light siam gems): $375
          Rock Dragon (light green eyes): $385
          Oriental Dragon (pink eyes): $425
          Keeper Dragon (x2): $500

Note: I am also happy to do commissions on any other in-stock PYOs from the shop. However, please be ready to communicate and pay quickly as we don’t want your chosen sculpt to end up sold out. Email me for pricing.

Terms:
          – I take payment up front for anything under $300. For anything higher, I take half up front and half plus shipping upon completion. I ONLY do Square invoice. This lets you pay with card or ACH, no account necessary.
          – I will bill shipping after your piece is completed and approved to ensure that the fairest price is paid for both of us. I offer USPS and UPS. Everything goes in its original box plus an exterior box, insured and tracked. You may request signature confirmation at additional cost.
          – Turnaround from start to finish varies from 1-3 months depending on the sculpt and complexity and will be affected by any projects ahead of yours. I will discuss this with you when you contact me and before you pay.
          – I will do my best to make you happy with the work you have ordered within reason and I will put every ounce of effort into each piece. However, heavy revisions may result in an excess charge. I will not refund for simply not liking how something came out, but I have no problems with people reselling a commissioned piece once they receive it.
          – I haven’t had to exercise this yet, but: I reserve the right to cancel and issue a full refund if I feel that we are not working together in our client/artist relationship. I do my best to please people, but I cannot please everyone. I want you to get something you’re happy with, and if I can’t give that to you, I won’t take your money.

What starting price gets you, Artistic Liberty:
          – You give me a simple prompt/theme (ex: “glam” or “winter”) OR a few general color choices (orange and purple!) OR tell me a few colors/something else you absolutely do not want (no yellow, no metallics)
          – I will send WIP pictures through my process. The look changes as layers are built, but these will be your chance to ask questions and give feedback.
          – I will make minor changes to what I have done (such as add small highlights etc).
          – I will NOT make huge changes (like repainting entire areas or changing the entire palette).

More complex levels:

– High Custom: Send me a mood board, an inspiration photo, or something else really to give the distinct impression of (ex: make it sprinkle donut themed or make a blue jay griffin). You will have a chance to add a bit more feedback and request a bit more in the way of changes. This gives you more specific input on color palette.

– Artistic Vision: You have a very exact idea what you want. A specific character (yours or someone else’s), a particular species or breed recreation, or a pet for instance. Or you just want a SUPER huge load of detail on one of the other two levels (ex: you want a rainbow zebra pattern). For this I usually require clear image references of the inspiration to ensure it’s as accurate to your vision as possible. I may also decline this type of commission if I feel it will not work out for me with my style/approach.

ALSO! This little man is FOR SALE on eBay! His name is pumpkin spice and he’d love a shelf to perch on!

267365685_4885544924802573_2237503711633418850_n

K.Unicorn
          Participant

Haven’t shared in awhile, and I’ve done quite a few since I have! You can see which are available on my eBay profile 🙂

https://www.ebay.com/usr/feral_goth

HM05-1

AntiquityLO-1

OD-TSpring03

Cronchy06-1

K.Unicorn
            Participant

My latest completed piece. He is looking for a home and up for bids on the Official Windstone Fan Club facebook group. 🙂

CompositeLO

Jen
              Participant

Beautiful work!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.