fbpx

Keeper Eyes -Got 'em, thank you so much!!!

Home Forums Administration Trade & Swap Keeper Eyes -Got 'em, thank you so much!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Leigha
    Participant

Leigha
      Participant

I have a pair of red PYO Keeper eyes and they definitely don’t go with the dragon I painted. I need a pair of straw or blue eyes I think. Anyone want to trade?

I have a set of Royal Blue you can have. ๐Ÿ™‚ Unless you meant light blue and I misread…I do that alot. I need to slow down when I read! ๐Ÿ™„

Leigha
        Participant

hmm, light or medium blue would be best, but I think Royal blue would work, any blue will be better than red >.< as much as I LOVE red eyes on dragons, they just don't match :) Pming you :)

LOL! PM’d ya back! ๐Ÿ™‚

Leigha
          Participant

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 ^^

You betcha! ๐Ÿ˜€ I’ll get them out with the Traveler’s tomorrow. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ok, couple days later than I thought, but we lost the heater core in the truck, and it seems like time is such an elusive beast once one thing goes wrong…Although I admit to going fishing today after I sent everything out at the PO. ๐Ÿ˜ณ (Still needing a vacation!!! ๐Ÿ™„ )
            They are on their way to you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Leigha
            Participant

Fishing! Awesome! What you going out to catch?

I really wish I had today off ๐Ÿ™ my mom is taking my nephew to the zoo today but I have to go to work this morning >.< freaking EARLY ARGH!!

Thanks for letting me know ^^ they get here when they get here, no biggie.

I caught my first Walleye! And half dozen keeper sized blue gill, and 4 nice Crappie. Threw back about 3 dozen blue gill that were small enough I could have brought them home and put them in a fish tank! ๐Ÿ˜† Scott caught a nice bass, and a couple Crappie, and numerous blue gill again about tank size. 8) We both caught a hell of a sunburn too! ๐Ÿ˜ก

Leigha
              Participant

Haha! I always “catch” a sunburn, usually not much else. My brother and dad are Fisherman (yes, capital F lol) my dad even has a shirt with patches and badges that prove he’s a Master Angler. I go fishing with them as often as I can, but I don’t go to fish, I just go to be outdoors and in the woods or hiking or whatever we wind up doing. I love it.

How big were the crappie? Those monsters can get HUGE, my dad and brother catch them but throw them back, they say they aren’t good eating. Blue gill are pretty. We have a pond nearby stocked full of bluegill. It’s relaxing there.

The Crappie were around 10-12 inches. Really? They don’t like to eat them?! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ My dad would fall over from a heart attack! He goes to MN every year for a fishing trip just to catch Crappie. ๐Ÿ˜† I like to eat bass, blue gills, red ears, and Crappie best. Small catfish are not unheard of for me, but small…Maybe a pound or so…Bigger around here is not always better when it comes to Catfish. Muddy when they get big, or late in the year. Bleh! :puke:
                The biggest fish I ever caught, was a 19lb, 28 inch long channel cat. My dad still has the head on his wall (In the garage cuz it smells so wicked!) and I caught it 33 years ago. The darn thing was almost as big as I was at 4 years old! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ It was in the local papers complete with my picture. I got a note from the state senator then too. LOL My son actually has a copy of the newspaper clipping. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Leigha
                Participant

My dad and brother like to fish for big mouth bass and trout normally. Lately, they’ve been on a “Let’s fish the Ocean!” kick, and have been catching tiger sharks and…white perch? I think that’s what they’re called. They brought a shark home a few days ago and cleaned it in the kitchen sink and OH MY GOD they REEK…..that’s the worst smell ever. I came home from work super hungry, walked in the door, and definitely didn’t feel like eating anymore. blegh. :puke:

Leigha wrote:

My dad and brother like to fish for big mouth bass and trout normally. Lately, they’ve been on a “Let’s fish the Ocean!” kick, and have been catching tiger sharks and…white perch? I think that’s what they’re called. They brought a shark home a few days ago and cleaned it in the kitchen sink and OH MY GOD they REEK…..that’s the worst smell ever. I came home from work super hungry, walked in the door, and definitely didn’t feel like eating anymore. blegh. :puke:

Yeah, I got fillet detail when I got home. I am really meticulous about it too. I don’t like to cut into the guts at all if I can help it. I can fillet the fish down to the actual spine, take all the meat, and not cut through the ribcage and puncture anything. Well, I had an off night last night, as I cut the belly open on the Walleye and thought I would spew right there! :puke: I don’t think I want to know what that fish was eating before he ate my worm! *gags*
                  The first time I was in Florida and walking the beach with a friend, someone caught a little hammer head about 30 inches long. The guy just threw it up in the sand, and all I wanted to do was cry to watch it gasping for air. He mumbled something about junk fish when he did it too. I wanted to ask why he didn’t just throw it back then. But my friend knew I was gonna get in a snit about it, and pulled me along the way. I suppose it is because I don’t fish for those, and enjoy seeing them in tanks closer to home when I can’t get to the ocean. I do feel bad for fish I catch, but I eat those. If I was gonna eat that shark, I might have not felt so bad. It’s like local fishermen here, who like to throw gars up on land to die. I feel bad for the gars up there even though I know they are most likely chasing off fish I want to catch, but I keep my mouth shut. If I catch something I don’t want, it goes back…Simple as that. I guess, I figure if you’re not gonna eat it, then don’t kill it.

Leigha
                  Participant

Yeah, I don’t like to watch the fish gasp for life….not fun. I haven’t had to clean a fish in years ( I haven’t actually fished in years ) but it never used to bother me, I’m not very squeamish ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.