fbpx

Just saw the theater trailer for "The Golden Compass&qu

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Just saw the theater trailer for "The Golden Compass&qu

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

I read the first couple of Pullman’s “His Dark Materials” when I was in college, and enjoyed them very much.

New Line is producing it and if they show the same kind of attention to detail for this one as they did for “Lord of the Rings,” then this should be an excellent adaptation. The trailer is promising but they usually are.

Guess I’ll find out in December.

Maria
    Participant

I’m so watching that movie when it comes out!

Starbreeze
      Participant

Oddly enough that’s one of the few books I’ve read that I couldn’t get into. I’m afraid I didn’t even finish it. But, I do plan to see the movie. πŸ™‚

BipolarBear
        Participant

Hopefully after you see the movie you’ll want to finish the book.

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
          Engaged to a Weasel

Katherine
          Participant

THE GOLDEN COMPASS!!!!!!!!
            I LOVE THAT BOOK!
            I LOVE IT SO MUCH THAT WHENEVER I SEE A MOVIE PREVIEW OR A MOVIE POSTER MY HEART AND STOMACH BREAK OUT IN A VERY LARGE AND SPONTANEOUS CELEBRATION!!!!
            I might die the day it comes out because of pure happiness! I feel light headed….
            *Swoons and faints but lands on the ground with a smile on her face*

Starbreeze
            Participant

I hope I feel like reading it again after watching the movie. I’m not really sure why I didn’t like it. I suppose it could’ve been that it just didn’t suit my mood at the time. My best friend loves the whole series. She and I usually like the same books. πŸ˜•

I really liked the first book in the trilogy but ended up slogging through the third. I only finished it just to finish the trilogy. I was very disappointed – I thought The Golden Compress was very good, the second one was so-so and the third was a total let down. πŸ˜₯

I never actually finished the series. I think I just got too bogged down in last year college stuff and never got back to it. I can’t decide whether I want to reread the books now or wait until I watch the movies. I do know that the trailer gave me goose bumps. So many great actors. 8)

eaglefeather831 wrote:

I LOVE THAT BOOK!
              I LOVE IT SO MUCH THAT WHENEVER I SEE A MOVIE PREVIEW OR A MOVIE POSTER MY HEART AND STOMACH BREAK OUT IN A VERY LARGE AND SPONTANEOUS CELEBRATION!!!!
              I might die the day it comes out because of pure happiness! I feel light headed….

You took the words RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH. The day I found out there was going to be a movie I very nearly died.

eaglefeather831 wrote:

I LOVE THAT BOOK!

Soooo…..I guess you like the books? πŸ˜‰

Honestly I’m impressed at the caliber of actors they’ve obtained for this film. Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman and such. And it looks like Kidman will be playing a villan. Which I find extremely interesting.

Can’t wait to see it.

Katherine
              Participant

Chessapeaka wrote:

eaglefeather831 wrote:

I LOVE THAT BOOK!

You took the words RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH. The day I found out there was going to be a movie I very nearly died.

Exactly! πŸ˜‰

Ooh, I love that book! I hope the movie is good!

Maria
                Participant

I saw the trailer before Harry Potter a few days ago. It looked really neat. I’m definitely going to watch it.

Dang… I didn’t see the trailer before Harry Potter or Transformers–stupid theater. I was hoping to see it on the big screen. Oh well, at least there’s youtube!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.