fbpx

Just Heartbroken

Home Forums Miscellany Community Just Heartbroken

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

I’ve been feeling really low lately with everything going on with me. Then last Tuesday my 15-year-old dog died–it was his heart. His health has been slowly going down for a while. I had let him out and he came back in and died in the kitchen. He wanted to be with me–thought I could help him. It just broke my heart.

I go through the motions but my heart isn’t in anything right now. His name was Percy and he was a little Pomerian mix–the best dog ever. I miss him terribly. It’s going to take me a while to get into things again.

I haven’t been on here much and it is an effort just to post this. It’s just amazing how these little fur babies can latch onto your heart. Letting go is very painful and I’m not up to much right now.

Adaneth
      Participant

So very sorry for your loss. It does take a while, and there’s a ‘hole’ in your life where they used to be for quite some time.

I am so very sorry. * hugs*

People go through the same grieving stages when they loose a fur baby as when they loose a person. (Personally sometimes I think it can be worse – he was there for you every day with unconditional love.) all you can do is take it one hour at a time. We are here for you.

Carolyn
        Participant

My heart goes out to you . I’ve been thru that several times . Never gets easy and I still cry when I talk of my pets . They meant friendship and love to me when I felt I had no one else to turn to .
          Time does heal , but you learn to live with it . Don’t mean you won’t ever stop missing them .

Rachel
          Participant

I am so sorry. I hope you don’t blame yourself for not being able to do anything for him. In fact, he might have simply wanted to be with you, not that he was expecting anything. You granted him that on top of a great and long life. He had happily missed out on so much suffering and it was all because of you.

Take comfort in the happiness and love you provided your deserving little friend.

dragonmedley
            Participant

Oh no! Sending big hugs your way…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

pegasus4240
              Participant

*hugs*

-- Angie

Stephanie
                Participant

*hugs* I’m so sorry.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Oh no… that’s just awful. That’s such a painful circumstance too, I’m so sorry LadyFirebird. Our furbabies have a profound way to feel like they take a part of your soul when they go. Try to celebrate the happy moments you had together and just take it one day at a time. I hope you start to cheer up soon. It’s never easy when we loose our cherished pets.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Tethra
                    Participant

I’m so sorry LadyFirebird. Percy obviously loved you very much. He had a good life and was loved very much. That is all any of us can hope for. *hugs*

I am facing this myself soon. My kitty is 16 and has advanced kidney disease. The vet said she has months to live. We probably won’t have her this time next year. Every moment I spend with her is precious. I have grown up with her, so I will be devastated when she leaves us.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.