fbpx

July 28- Raven is now resting in peace.

Home Forums Miscellany Community July 28- Raven is now resting in peace.

Viewing 13 posts - 181 through 193 (of 193 total)
  • Author
    BDW
    Participant

Thanks guys
      It’s still very difficult without him here. My female kitty is also missing him.
      Which should I get blown up to an 8 by 11 photo?

I really like how Sienna cuddles next to him here. ๐Ÿ™‚
      but this one will not get blown up.

what beautiful pics… i love #3

BDW
      Participant

This video was taken on June 25th 2010….Raven was euthanised on July 28th 2010 due to stomach cancer. Hard to believe he deteriorated so fast when he was so playfull all the time right up to the last 3 days before his death.
        http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3089296250048730416mPptpH

Adaneth
        Participant

Awww, he looks so fluffy and fun in that! At least he didn’t seem to be in a lot of pain, which is a mercy. Poor kitty. ๐Ÿ™ I do wish I had more videos like that to remember my Holly by.

I’m so sorry to hear about your cat, Raven. It made me tear up reading your post about it, and i can relate to that experience ๐Ÿ˜ฅ . I lost a kitty to cancer (mammory gland cancer) too when i was younger, but she wasnt fortunate enough to be euthanized and have a painless death. My parents couldnt afford, and didnt take her to the vet until it was too far spread despite me discovering it very early on and telling them she needed to go – and they knew she had cancer. It was really hard to have to watch her suffering and eventually her death, and really frustrating cuz i was young and there wasnt much i could do except to be with her until the end. I still feel like there was something more i could have done, and still dont feel at peace with it. Her death was so sudden and violent, and at the time my parents didnt allow the cats or dogs to live in the house (they were in the garage), and by the time we got to her it was too late to take her to be euthanized – she would have died before we got there. Yet despite her suffering, she was much like Raven in that she was playful and free spirited up until the end. Many of us have been through this terrible pain before, with this emptiness left in our hearts and our homes, but our fur babies can never be replaced or forgotten. They will live on in the hearts and minds of their human companions until we too pass, and maybe then we can finally be at peace in re-union with the ones we have lost.

Bodine
          Participant

I am sorry for your loss.We are all animal lovers and it is never easy to say goodbye ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Oh, Nat! I’m so, SO sorry to hear about Raven. He looked so much like our Turbo, whom we lost 2 years ago, I started crying when I saw your pictures. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ
            It’s so very hard to let them go, but it’s most often the most loving and kind gift you can give the furkids. I’m sure Raven knew he was much loved.
            Remember: We’re all here for you if you need us.

And I have to agree about your vet’s rather cavalier attitude; whatever happened to helping the patient first and worrying about the bill later? I think that’s a tad callous, really. :spank:

BDW
            Participant

Michel, my son took the news of Raven better then I thought he would. I had alot to explain since he had so many questions about him, death and the future.
              He also wants another kitty. ๐Ÿ™‚

darjeb
              Participant

Oh BDW my deepest sympathy goes out to you and Michael, I am so sorry to hear about Raven. Before Tristen I had a blue female chow and for the last 6 months of her life I had her at the vets about every other week or so telling her there was something wrong with her she didn’t feel good and they missed the cancer it was way up on the back of her throat and apparently that is a area that is hard to see. I told my present vet about that and he also told me it was a hard place to diagnose

BDW
                Participant

darjeb wrote:

Oh BDW my deepest sympathy goes out to you and Michael, I am so sorry to hear about Raven. Before Tristen I had a blue female chow and for the last 6 months of her life I had her at the vets about every other week or so telling her there was something wrong with her she didn’t feel good and they missed the cancer it was way up on the back of her throat and apparently that is a area that is hard to see. I told my present vet about that and he also told me it was a hard place to diagnose

๐Ÿ˜ฅ I’m sorry darjeb about your blue chow.
                  It really sucks to lose one to cancer when they are still young.
                  I do fell robed from years of life we should have had with Raven.
                  ๐Ÿ™„
                  I printed this pic of Raven and have it next to the couch….I’m always looking at it. It is still difficult to believe he’s gone. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ Everytime I see it, it brings tears to my eyes.

Katherine
                  Participant

Oh my, I am so sorry about Raven, this made me tear up. ๐Ÿ™ I couldn’t imaging losing a dear pet, but I inevitably will (I have two dogs) He will be dearly missed, and even though his time was cut short, i am so glad he spent it with as loving as a person as you are. *hugs*

Mmloda
                    Participant

I am really sorry about Raven BDW… I know how hard it is to loose a pet, especially one that you are so close to… hope you’re doing OK and if you need anything let me know…you know where to find me!

Marzena

PurpleTurtle
                      Participant

I’m so sorry for your loss ๐Ÿ™ . What a beautiful kitty.

Viewing 13 posts - 181 through 193 (of 193 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.