fbpx

July 28- Raven is now resting in peace.

Home Forums Miscellany Community July 28- Raven is now resting in peace.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 193 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Participant

I’m so sorry to hear that. So so sorry. πŸ˜₯

Anonymous

I’m so very sorry πŸ˜₯ My thoughts are with you.

raincry
        Participant

My heart goes out to you I am grieving too right now. I just lost my 5 month old Main Coon kitten Merlin Monday night. He had a leg sprain last Wednesday, but had appeared fine and doing alright until Monday when I came home to find him with his little head twisted to the side struggling to breath. We rushed him to the vet and after blood tests, x-rays and ultrasound it turned out one of his little lungs was partially collapsed and his heart was being pushed over to one side. They had to keep him in an oxygen chamber so he could breath and help stabalize him. The emergency vet though did not seem to think that the fall was the cause because that kind of damage would be like falling off a three story building and he had no broken bones and said our little kitten was a puzzle, but he was in a precarious position because it was unlikely due to his age and the type of damage that he would live through more tests and the inevitable surgery that would follow.

His theory was a genetic heart condition common in several breeds of cats, but rare in one so young (cardiomyopothy) since it can come on suddenly and involves a weak heart sometimes flooding the lungs with blood. We didn’t want him to die in the night alone, so we had him put to sleep and it was horrible because he fought it biting the tubing at one point. I still can’t get over it because he wasn’t ready to go, just a baby, but his little body was broken. My family is desolated. Since then researching the genetic heart thing I learned that one of the signs is a limping in the rear leg or legs caused by blood clots. We didn’t see him fall last week so it is likely he didn’t fall we just didn’t know until it was all too horribly late. πŸ˜₯

This was my little Merlin http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/raincry/The%20best%20of%20Merlin/?action=view&current=6e166c8d.pbw

Jasmine
          Participant

I’m so sorry hun. It doesn’t make it any easier but at least he’s at peace now. πŸ˜₯

And Huge Hugs to everyone who has lost a fuzzy family member this month.

@ raincry
            That is just so tragic — and it all happened so suddenly.

@ Rusti
            I have some idea of the pain that you’re going through — I lost Balto (my thirteen-year-old husky) three days ago to cancer. It’s taken me a little while to feel comfortable posting about it.

Blackdesertwind, Rusti, and raincry, you have my condolences. πŸ˜₯

I am so sorry BDW, Rusti, and Raincry. Losing loved furry animals is so hard. πŸ™ I want to say something else, but I know nothing else will help, so ((HUGE HUGS)) to you all.

Anonymous

::HUGS::: I am so sorry for your losses – those of you fresh in thought and memories…..

If words could heal the suffering
              and soothe the pain your hearts endure
              Then I would try to type forever
              and then for smiles, I’d type some more

We all have suffered the tremendous pain of the loss of loved ones, two and four legged – but while we are feeling the pain, they are not.

::HUGS::

First off, Nat love, I am so sorry about Raven’s passing.

Secondly, I want you to chew your vet out royally for worrying more about how much money he could make off you versus doing his goddamned job!

When he failed to get results from treating his initial diagnosis, he should have scrapped it and started looking for something else. There are three things he should have done, one, bloodwork, two, abdominal papapation..which ideally should be done with the cat knocked out so he will be completely relaxed so that you feel the organs. Three, when he did the damn x-ray, he should have given your cat barium suspension so that the xray would actually track the GI tract in the first place! If he had done any of these things on the second visit, you might still owe $1000, but likely Raven would still be here after surgery. I am so pissed that your vet’s failure to do his job properly I am spitting nails!

If this were a human doctor you could get him for malpractice, and I am not entirely sure you still can’t. This is gross negligence if you ask me. Oh I am so mad.

*hugs* I am so sorry Raven had to suffer at this incompetent’s hands. Poor baby. I’ll call you tomorrow and try not to rant since I got most of it out of my system here, but *growls* this is unacceptable. Nat, please seriously consider talking to him about canceling the rest of the bill, he owes you, not the other way around, and I would call him on why he failed to do the procedures mentioned above. On top of that, I am so very sorry I wasn’t around at the start of this, I should have been, you would have known what to ask him to do. Crap.

Kyrin

Stephanie
              Participant

Awe damn. πŸ˜₯ Sorry for everyones losses… πŸ˜₯

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Oh no… I started crying as soon as I read your post hon. I’m so sorry… for being taken so early in his life I don’t blame you for feeling cheated. I’m so so sorry. At least he’s not in any more pain, but I know it doesn’t make it any easier to bear. I get reminded of when I’ve had to put my fur babies down and it is always by far the most pain any loving owner ever has to go through. I’m sorry you have to be going through it, and if you need anything don’t hesitate to ask.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

Nathy, oh Nathy my darling friend! I’m so terribly sorry for your loss πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ I’ll so miss Raven just as I know Michel will and you too! Not fair, not fair… Mega hugs for Michel and you and snurgles for Sienna.

Bernie πŸ˜₯

tdm

machineguts
                    Participant

Oh hon… πŸ˜₯ *Hugs tight* I am so sorry for your loss of Raven. πŸ˜₯

siberakh1
                      Participant

I’m sorry to hear about Raven. πŸ˜₯ *HUGS*

Nina
                        Participant

So sorry πŸ™ Big hugs….
                          Being an animal lover and having had a rescue I know how hard it is to lose an animal. It’s said when vets start caring more about money than doing their job (seams like doctors are like that too) I had the same issue with a vet when my african grey parrot died, all the vet cared about was if we could afford the bill or not πŸ™
                          Sorry again for your lose

Oh & I think you should have Kyrin call your vet…..

To Raincry so sorry about your kitten I started to cry just reading it

To Rusti πŸ™ so sorry but she’s in a better place now, having to put an animal down is so hard but having to watch them suffer is worse

lamortefille
                          Participant

I’m so sorry for all of your losses. πŸ˜₯

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 193 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.