fbpx

July 28- Raven is now resting in peace.

Home Forums Miscellany Community July 28- Raven is now resting in peace.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 193 total)
  • Author
    Jasmine
    Participant

Oh, no. Not again. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and kitteh.

BDW
      Participant

Raven is back from the vet.
        Turns out he is and still is blocked. He needs to unblock by tomorrow or the vet will see him again.
        He gave me two tubes of Microlax. I gave him one yesterday and he pooped a little but he’s backed up about a foot long from what we could see with the xray. It all needs to come out.
        ๐Ÿ™‚ I so glad it was notting more serious.
        The vet didn’t want me to pay right away so I have no clue yet how much this time will cost. :scratch:

Blackdesertwind wrote:

Raven is back from the vet.
        Turns out he is and still is blocked. He needs to unblock by tomorrow or the vet will see him again.
        He gave me two tubes of Microlax. I gave him one yesterday and he pooped a little but he’s backed up about a foot long from what we could see with the xray. It all needs to come out.
        ๐Ÿ™‚ I so glad it was notting more serious.
        The vet didn’t want me to pay right away so I have no clue yet how much this time will cost. :scratch:

I knew it! I’m so relieved to hear that it isn’t serious and absolutely treatable! What are the odds of my having had the same experience with Milo? Most of the cost for this procedure will likely be for the anesthesia, assuming it’s the same major clean out that my cat had. I have to warn you, it might get messy after the procedure, but Raven should feel immediate relief.

—> P.S. If anyone wants to know, Simba’s doing great. He actually likes his medication, though it may take at least three weeks for him to start gaining weight.

Adaneth
        Participant

Hope the poor fellow gets himself cleared out–and stays that way! ๐Ÿ™‚

Bob

Our thoughts are with you and your baby
            My 3rd is Simba actually from his daughter in the Lion King 2
            They gave his daughter in the Lion King 2 the name Kiara and I fell in LOVE with the name the second I heard it
            My first baby was about 4 days old when she was found and I named her Kiara, adopted her brother and HAD to name him Kovu, then along came Simba followed by Miss Nala so all 4 of my names came from Disney. It’s sort of backwards from the adults to kids in the movie but they all work
            We all know what it is like so hang in there and keep us advised as to th updates
            I have had to go thru Crystals in Kovu’s bladder and he was going in the box but nothing was coming out
            The vet said it was good I got him in since not going #1 coudl kill him from posining his system

Dragon Master wrote:

Our thoughts are with you and your baby
            My 3rd is Simba actually from his daughter in the Lion King 2
            They gave his daughter in the Lion King 2 the name Kiara and I fell in LOVE with the name the second I heard it
            My first baby was about 4 days old when she was found and I named her Kiara, adopted her brother and HAD to name him Kovu, then along came Simba followed by Miss Nala so all 4 of my names came from Disney. It’s sort of backwards from the adults to kids in the movie but they all work
            We all know what it is like so hang in there and keep us advised as to th updates
            I have had to go thru Crystals in Kovu’s bladder and he was going in the box but nothing was coming out
            The vet said it was good I got him in since not going #1 coudl kill him from posining his system

My Simba had crystals briefly, but fortunately it was a mild enough case that it was able to be solved with low-magnesium wet food.

@ Blackdesertwind
            After the clean out, I’d recommend sticking with wet food for while, at least until Raven recovers. I provide wet food every so often for Milo and it seems to keep his GI tract in check, and extra brushing also helps to prevent him from swallowing of excessive amounts of hair. What my cat went through mirrored my own suffering. Every doctor kept telling me “fiber, fiber, fiber,” but when there is a moisture imbalance in the bowel, more fiber can sometimes exacerbate constipation. See what your veterinarian says — was there a suggestion for a special diet?

Bob

My Kovu only had to take pills for about 2 weeks and has been fine ever since

BDW
              Participant

Update on Raven. He’s pooping but was sick twice since the vet and still blood involved.
                One of those times was today.
                He’s on soft fiber foods diluted with water.
                I still owe the vet $175. But now I have a babysitter problem. As of next week until July 17th I don’t have one. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
                She’s not available for that period.
                Saturday I’m meeting two siblings that have a potential to becoming babysitters for Michel but they want to meet him first which I demanded before they make their decision. Most of them I saw and declined had not meet Michel so they just ran as soon as they would hear the word wheelchair or handicap. ๐Ÿ™„
                Who said it was easy! ๐Ÿ™
                So this means if I can’t find one then I wont have an income coming in to pay the vet. :shout:
                shit my life is a mess sometimes… ๐Ÿ˜‰ ok well most of the time (90%) :shrug:

Bob

well at least you are among friends in this mess!!

BDW
                  Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

well at least you are among friends in this mess!!

so true ๐Ÿ˜†

So constipation was the only cause of Raven’s distress and he was cleaned out at the vet, but he is still vomiting up visible blood? After my cat came home from the vet following his clean out, his vomiting immediately ceased. Were you able to ask your vet about the continued vomiting? Did he have any explanations or suggestions? Is Raven’s system simply irritated? :shrug: If he’s no longer backed up he shouldn’t feel so nauseous.

I feel so bad for you. ๐Ÿ™
                    I wish that I could be of more help, but unfortunately this is where my expertise in such matters ends.

machineguts
                    Participant

Poor Raven! *Hugs tight* I hope he starts making a recovery soon! Poor thing has been struggling for quite a while now. ๐Ÿ™

Jasmine
                      Participant

Hugs to all of you. Hope Raven feels better soon and that you finally get a little settled.

BDW
                        Participant

๐Ÿ™ Hey guys, been a while since I’ve updated this.
                          Raven is really not good.
                          He didn’t eat foir 5 days strait while taking some medication but even now that he’s off it he still won’t eat or drink much. He lost so much weight! It’s like petting bones.
                          He was sick again with lots of blood on sunday.
                          Vet wants to see him on wednesday and I want cancer test done.
                          If it turns out to be cancer or something else that is very serious I’ll have to put him down.
                          I owe the vet a hefty bill more then last time I was here…so far he’s averaging $900 in all from the begining.
                          I’ll keep you posted on wednesday.
                          I still have stuff for sale so if you are interested let me know.
                          The coiled dragon/egg is sold.
                          Thanks

Blackdesertwind wrote:

๐Ÿ™ Hey guys, been a while since I’ve updated this.
                          Raven is really not good.
                          He didn’t eat foir 5 days strait while taking some medication but even now that he’s off it he still won’t eat or drink much. He lost so much weight! It’s like petting bones.
                          He was sick again with lots of blood on sunday.
                          Vet wants to see him on wednesday and I want cancer test done.
                          If it turns out to be cancer or something else that is very serious I’ll have to put him down.
                          I owe the vet a hefty bill more then last time I was here…so far he’s averaging $900 in all from the begining.
                          I’ll keep you posted on wednesday.
                          I still have stuff for sale so if you are interested let me know.
                          The coiled dragon/egg is sold.
                          Thanks

I had no idea — I’m so, so sorry. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 193 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.