fbpx

Jinxed PYO! HELP!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Jinxed PYO! HELP!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    PurpleTurtle
    Participant

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

Tonight I was working on a PYO dragon. I was trying a differnt brand of paint to do something new, but the paint I’m using I think is too old 😡 . Its Golden brand, a brand I use for my metalics and interference but never before for regular colors. I’m finding it hard to use it, it either comes out to thick or to watery. Next problem was a small chip I found on the display side of my dragon where his neck frill is 😥 . I didn’t know it was there until I started painting the dragon, but I don’t remember bumping him either. I was wondering if there is a way to ‘patch’ it up with something? The next thing that happened was one of his eyes fell out! This didn’t freak me out too bad, I know I can glue it back in 😉 . In some ways I wish the eyes didn’t come attached, it would make painting and sealing the PYO a little easier. You could just glue them in when you were done. I was also wondering how Kyrin takes the paint of of her Windstons. I really want to start over on this guy if I can without sacraficing the detail buy just painting over it. Plus, with these guys at 30 dollars a pop, I just assume not throwing him out.

dragonmedley
        Participant

You can remove the paint with acetone – nail polish remover. Sometimes, water will also do the trick.

As for the eyes, they come glued on to avoid copycats…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

I’m thinking that the next PYO I get I’m gonna pull the eyes until I am done, it is too much of a pain to deal with for sealing. Eye protect works, but it doesn’t always go where I want it to.

I also wish the PYO uni and kirin’s horns were separate, just would make painting and sealing so much easier.

It really is a shame that copying is something we have to worry about. I wish people would just be honest.

Kyrin

dragonmedley
          Participant

Kyrin wrote:

It really is a shame that copying is something we have to worry about. I wish people would just be honest.

Me too!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

PurpleTurtle
            Participant

Copyright issues were the furthest thing from my mind when I suggested separate eyes, horns, etc on the PYOs. Then again, I would never copy Melody’s sculptures. I’ve seen copied Windstones for sale before on a few occasions and not only do I think its very dishonest, most of the time the copies are hideous 😛 .

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Rip offs and counterfeits are the reason these guys come with all ‘accessories’ attached. If they came with eyes/horns loose it would be incredibly easy for anyone with casting materials to make and sell blanks for cheap.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

I can see why it’s done, I just wish that it didn’t have to be done that way.

And anyway, I agree that it would be stupidly easier to paint a PYO with nothing attached, BUT… my cat likes to eat small plastic object. Actually just plastic objects in general… she tries to eat some plastic drawers that we have…. and fails.

PurpleTurtle
                Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

I can see why it’s done, I just wish that it didn’t have to be done that way.

And anyway, I agree that it would be stupidly easier to paint a PYO with nothing attached, BUT… my cat likes to eat small plastic object. Actually just plastic objects in general… she tries to eat some plastic drawers that we have…. and fails.

I’ve got one for you…My cat, Beast, actually ate part of a suit case! It was a cheap pleather thing and Beast ate about a 6 inch hole right in the middle of the thing. It’s a miricle he didn’t need to go to the vet!

purpledragonclaw
                  Participant

Your cat’s name is Beast?! 😯

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

Oh since you guys are newer you might not have heard the warning, but keep your cats away from Windstones….aside from knocking them over, some cats find them quite tasty!

purpledragonclaw
                      Participant

Thanks for that tip, Pegasi! I have no cats, so problem solved. And my dog is not allowed anywhere NEAR them!

PurpleTurtle
                        Participant

I learned over the years to ‘cat proof’ my breakables, and especially my Windstones. Even with precautions, cats always seem to find a way to knock something over. Why would cats find Windstones yummy? And yes, I have a cat named ‘Beast’, but beleive me, he’s a big love bug 😀 .

Pegasi1978
                          Participant

I don’t know, but there have been a couple people who have had their Windstones nibbled on by cats.

And old quote:

vantid wrote:

Cats seem to love to eat Windstones! There is a collection of cat chewed and eaten Windstones at the shop.

Mine are too high for my cat to reach. And when I had a PYO on the table, and she got on there (though she’s not allowed) she was more interested in the paint that I had missed when cleaning up… *sigh* my cat must WANT to kill herself or something.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.