It's swap time!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps It's swap time!

Viewing 13 posts - 136 through 148 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

Sent mine today too, but since mine is going international might take a bit. And ouch…shipping hurt.

Yup, $20 bucks if you want tracking from my end 🙂

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Falcolf
      Participant

About $18 here with tracking and insurance!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

LadyFirebird
        Participant

USPS now has a deal where you use their flat rate boxes that come in small, medium, large–I know medium costs a little over $12 and large is a little over $16, and it includes $50 insurance and tracking. When I shipped my pyo they told me they were just introducing this. Whatever you can fit in the box [excluding what they may consider hazardous]it goes for that flat rate. I feel it’s much better than UPS, which used to be my favorite for shipping.

And, I feel that USPS ships faster. I can ship something to Florida from California and it would take UPS a week to deliver–with USPS Priority, it can get there in three days and–they deliver on Saturdays–UPS doesn’t without an extra charge.

USPS isn’t perfect and mistakes can happen–but I’ve heard horror stories about all the major shippers. Hope you find this helpful.

Bodine
          Participant

I agree with LFB.I have never had one lost when it has been tracked and now that it comes with it the service automatically it’s hard to beat.I have seen and heard boxes being dropped,tossed around,falling,in the the UPS trucks and they are careless in bad driveways bopping around hitting holes.Mine is bad and they just laugh and say mine is not the worse one they have to go on.What does that tell you?Their trucks are not set up properly to protect the boxes from getting tossed around.My mail gets delivered in small,sometimes private vehichles and they usually bring any packages to my door.The other delivery services just leave it at the gate and leave without letting you know anything was delivered thoughtless of the possibility that they might get snagged before the homeowner arrives and how could you prove it?Windstones are expensive and a very sad loss not to mention all other things that get delivered.Adding automatic tracking covers all parties and noone can say “I sent it” and noone can say”it never showed”.They leave slips to let you know they missed you and the others just leave it in all sorts of weather.No service is perfect but they are real close.I support the United States Postal Service.Think of how screwed we would be if it did not run anymore.It is an American icon and should be supported and preserved.IMO 😉

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
            Participant

Got mine shipped out today.It cost me $27.35 going to Canada from Gulf Coast area.$20.00 isn’t too bad.Hope you like it 😉

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Rachel
              Participant

Mine was delivered! I hope my swapee likes it. -bites nails-

Falcolf
                Participant

I agree with LFB.I have never had one lost when it has been tracked and now that it comes with it the service automatically it’s hard to beat.I have seen and heard boxes being dropped,tossed around,falling,in the the UPS trucks and they are careless in bad driveways bopping around hitting holes.Mine is bad and they just laugh and say mine is not the worse one they have to go on.What does that tell you?Their trucks are not set up properly to protect the boxes from getting tossed around.My mail gets delivered in small,sometimes private vehichles and they usually bring any packages to my door.The other delivery services just leave it at the gate and leave without letting you know anything was delivered thoughtless of the possibility that they might get snagged before the homeowner arrives and how could you prove it?Windstones are expensive and a very sad loss not to mention all other things that get delivered.Adding automatic tracking covers all parties and noone can say “I sent it” and noone can say”it never showed”.They leave slips to let you know they missed you and the others just leave it in all sorts of weather.No service is perfect but they are real close.I support the United States Postal Service.Think of how screwed we would be if it did not run anymore.It is an American icon and should be supported and preserved.IMO 😉

USPS has been absolutely wonderful to me every time I have ordered or gotten stuff from the states. One time an envelope containing stuff got damaged and USPS was gracious enough to stick it in a windowed protective envelope showing the damage with an apology note. Would Canada Post have done that? No. Canada Post would have continued to ship it smushed, so I am very grateful to USPS for providing such good service. Their tracking website is also better and I think other postal companies should take notes from them. (Including Canada Post!)

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Prezaurian
                  Participant

It’s good to hear all the positive comments on USPS. It is reassuring. I’ve usually had good luck with receiving packages and such from them…but I’ve never had cause to SEND a package anywhere. -laughs- And it was worrisome to think I might have made a wrong choice for my first swap. But I’m not worried anymore. Just looking forward to all the arrivals and hoping my recipient likes what I did for them.

Ciarnet
                    Participant

Ghostndragon! I absolutely love it! I was stunned when I opened the box, the texture of the birch is beyond words. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will try and get pictures put up tomorrow when we have some natural light.

I only ship usps when shipping to the states and when buying from states. I find them great! Just my 2cents 🙂

Got mine shipped today, going to states usps expedited so should be there 6-10 business days! I will keep fingers crossed on swap partners reaction.

LadyFirebird
                      Participant

Mine was delivered today–just a matter of time for my swapee to open it–and I hope she likes it. Shuffling nervously.

Zloy720
                        Participant

Love the animated griffin LFB! Thats so cute! :bigsmile:

I got my ship address too late friday to ship, so sent mine out saturday; my UPS ships ups & usps, so had them price both. Cheapest with auto tracking & default $50 insurance was almost $16 & ups was cheapest method; but they promised with tracking it would get there by wednesday…

Really hope she likes it…

Zloy720
                          Participant

K, so I got home late from work just now & had a package delivery notice in my mail box. The package is with the apartment manager safe and sound, but I can’t get it until after work tomorrow night. I wasnt expecting any packages besides the swap, so I just wanted to reassure whoever had me for the swap that if tracking showed a delivery, it’s here, no worries. Just can’t confirm anything until late tommorrow….

If it’s not my swap piece I’ll be soooo dissapointed, will be dying all day at work until I can confirm & open it!

Viewing 13 posts - 136 through 148 (of 148 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.