fbpx

It's swap time!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps It's swap time!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

Let’s do a PYO swap – with a theme!

The theme is: FOREST

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU SIGN UP! It’s long, but pretty much exhaustive.

We don’t have a “due date”, but a “ship date”, meaning everyone will be mailing their painted piece on this date. Yes, we’ll have a whole bunch of pictures coming up all at once, but this will avoid people falling short (it’s happened in the past).

The ship date is November 22.

Prior to this date, so on November 12, I will send out a message to everyone, asking if the piece is ready. You will need to respond, with a picture of your piece, before November 19. If you do not send a response by that date, you will be considered out of the swap. In all, that’ll be about 7 weeks to order and paint your piece.

Once the response is received, you will be sent the address of the person for whom you painted. That’s right! Once the names are picked out of the hat, at first, you will only get the name and color scheme of your swapee. That way, no one will mail out ahead of time and create confusion.

If people do not respond, I’ll reshuffle – hence the picture of the piece. I’ll match the existing pieces as best as I can. Hopefully, I won’t need to do it at all.

TO SIGN UP: you need to email me at:
      dragonmedley@myfirehawk.ca
      No PMs, please. It will make things much easier to manage. I’ll confirm that I got the email as soon as I can.

The sign-up is open from September 6 to September 23. On the 24th, I’ll draw the names and email them to you.

MAKE SURE YOUR FORUM NAME IS THE FIRST THING IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
      Example: Dragonmedley – PYO swap

We will need the following information:
      1. Your full name and address
      2. Indicate if you cannot ship worldwide.
      3. What you want. Even though we have a theme, you can request specific colors, as well as the sculpt, if you have a preference. If you want a Muse, indicate it. Otherwise, we’ve agreed that the Muse will not be used. I would recommend that you indicate your first choice of sculpt and another one, just in case the store runs out of any of the sculpts.
      FOO PUPS: Should you choose to paint foo pups, in order to be fair value-wise, you will need to paint 2 foops.

Rules to remember:
      • You are responsible for buying a blank PYO and mailing it. In return, you will receive a painted piece.
      • The person for whom you’re painting will more than likely not be painting for you. This in not an outright trade, but more like a “secret Santa” exchange.
      • If you’re shipping outside your country, make the value 10$; otherwise, the person will probably have to pay duties, even if you indicate that the package is a gift.
      • We’ll have a big enough group, so it’s possible to accommodate everyone. So, if you’re allergic to painting griffins, say it. Same if you only want to paint a unicorn. However, don’t ask to have so-and-so paint your piece! This will be totally random. I will refer back to the previous swaps so you won’t be painting for the same person again (if you’ve participated before), but otherwise, what comes out of the hat is it.
      • It may be redundant, but make sure you double-box the piece when you send it.
      • Don’t forget to sign the felt pad!
      • Last but not least, do not post pictures, not even in your gallery, before the person gets the piece. When you receive your piece, please acknowledge it right away in the thread (I’ll create one separately from the sign-up thread). If you can, post pictures. If you can’t, mention it, and the person who painted it will more than probably be happy to post pictures.

And finally, everyone is welcome! Don’t be shy – if you want to participate, please do. I cherish all of my swap pieces and 2 of them were from first time painters – they were painted for me and fit right at home with the others, including the one by Melody!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

dragonmedley
      Participant

Now, for those who weren’t too sure about the theme… we do have quite a bit of freedom.

Here’s what I will request:
        Sculpt: as you wish
        Eye color: as you see fit
        Colors: Forest theme with black and/or white and/or grey

So don’t be afraid to give details!

pegasus4240
        Participant

That was fast. 🙂 Sent my entry in. WooHoo!

-- Angie

Skeeterdeee
          Participant

OOOO I love that theme!

twindragonsmum
            Participant

Hmmmm, *think,think, think,think…* I may be moving around that time…

tdm

tdm

Omg DM you killing me!!! Ok ya know I’m in. Working on a commission and runnin a preschool but I will find the time!

Falcolf
              Participant

Oh, this is really tempting!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

I have a lot going on right now… but… I MIGHT be able to enter. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can about it <3

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kim
                  Blocked

Can the forest theme be colourful with white or black accents are are you wanting everything to just be be black and white? Because when I pictured forest I was thinking colourful plants and animals. Can it be anything that you would find in a forest, like an animal, insect, tree, plant, flower, etc?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Tara
                    Participant

I think DM means that’s what colors she personally wants for herself not what everyone has to do. All her previous swap sculpts are all in black, white, and grey. I get the impression pretty much anything goes as long as it’s forest related. When I send my request in I plan on requesting fall colors.

Bodine
                      Participant

You are awesome Branzyboo!As busy as you are,as much time as you put into your pieces and yet,here you are!
                        I’m in!ideas floating around.Shame there are no unicorns for this.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

dragonmedley
                        Participant

I think DM means that’s what colors she personally wants for herself not what everyone has to do. All her previous swap sculpts are all in black, white, and grey. I get the impression pretty much anything goes as long as it’s forest related. When I send my request in I plan on requesting fall colors.

You nailed it!

Kimk, it’ll depend on what everyone asks. I put up my personal preferences to give an example. Some people ask for whatever the artist wants to paint and others (like me), for something more specific.

I have someone who just signed up whose favorite color is green, so the artist will have quite a bit of options 🙂

dragonmedley
                          Participant

Oh, this is really tempting!

Go for it!

I’m in, but just to be sure there is no exception to medias right? Mine would end up being an ink/pastel stain.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                            www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                            Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

I’m in too. I missed doing these things!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 148 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.