fbpx

Issue with eBay Seller – Need Advice

Home Forums Miscellany Community Issue with eBay Seller – Need Advice

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dragoneer_88
    Participant

I recently won a dragonsite fairy figurine. It didn’t come with it’s original box or packaging. I thought since the seller had such a high rating and 100% positive feedback they would have wrapped it well enough so it wouldn’t have broken. Well, when I opened the box and saw how it was wrapped I knew it had to be broken. Sure enough the wings had busted off into several pieces. They wrapped it with one layer of flat matte foam sheet. They braced the figurine on the sides of the small box with more of the foam sheet. They might as well have wrapped the figurine in paper towel.

I contacted they seller. To paraphrase, they said they were positive they wrapped it well enough. They were selling the item for a family member. The item wasn’t insured so what should they do about it?

The figurine was sent priority mail so it does have at least $50 insurance. I get the impression they think I broke the figurine on purpose and I’m trying to get the item for free by the response they gave me. I’m a stickler for mint pieces so why would I do such a thing? My buyer feedback says I’m not that kind of person, whatever. I asked for a refund of the purchase price, which was $20 so it’s not like I’m asking for the moon! I could be a real jerk and demand the shipping back too. The seller said they didn’t think the insurance was applicable in this case, but they would try to get my money back from USPS. This was last Friday. I haven’t heard anything back yet. I would be nice if they would at least send me a quick message that they’re putting effort into it instead of radio silence.

So, should I contact the seller again or should I open a case? I hate the idea that they can leave me negative buyer feedback. I’m a seller myself with 100% feedback and I take pride in that. I always do my best to make sure my buyers get what they want. If not, I’m not going to give them the run around.

Anyway, I’m trying to get some of the money back buy reselling the figurine. I glued the wings back on with locktite and from a distance the cracks can’t be seen. If anyone is interested it’s up for auction. I guess I’ll be lucky to get any money back for it. The figurine is a retired Selina Fenech fairy, “Shimmer.” I’ve included pics of the fairy before the wings were glued back in the listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Selina-Fenech-Dragonsite-Shimmer-Fairy-Figurine-/131541959514?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1ea083035a

jmoore
      Participant

Did you win the item in an eBay auction? If so, I’m pretty sure the seller can’t leave negative feedback for you (which I think is wrong – some buyers need to be left negative feedback!). Also, you can open a “not as described” claim through eBay or PayPal.

Kim
        Blocked

If I were you I would open the case on ebay and ask for a full refund. You might have to ship it back though but I hope you got pictures of it broken to prove to ebay it should be refunded and that is was their fault shipping it like that. They are responsible for refunding you and then getting their own refund back from the insurance so you are not required to wait for them to look into it. I am not sure if you should have glued it or tried to resell it so fast though if you are wanting a refund for it if they make you ship it back.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

WolfenMachine
          Participant

Did you win the item in an eBay auction? If so, I’m pretty sure the seller can’t leave negative feedback for you (which I think is wrong – some buyers need to be left negative feedback!). Also, you can open a “not as described” claim through eBay or PayPal.

agreed. A seller can not leave you a negative feedback. The most they can do is “report” you but I’ve reported bad buyers before and they lived another day. I doubt ebay does anything about reports on buyers, TBH.

Yes, ebay and paypal ‘got your back’. You can most definitely get your money back through ebay/paypal if the seller isn’t co-operating. Just claim it’s not as described (which, it’s broken, it’s not. How do you know it wasn’t damaged BEFORE shipping?) and there will be no problem. Also, if you pay with a credit card (not debit card) you can go to the credit card agency and report you had a problem with an item….but I don’t see you’d need to go that far. Good luck!

rachelled
            Participant

They’re supposed to refund you, then haggle with UPS themselves to get the insurance back, not you… I would politely ask for your money again, and if they refuse, open a case.

(Is it an international sale by any chance? I’ve had the International Shipping Program break things before as they open them for inspection and don’t always repackage them properly… I’ve heard others experienced this as well.)

Dragoneer_88
              Participant

The figurine I won was up for auction. It was also a domestic purchase. I’m going to open a case today. It’s been a week now and that’s more than enough time for them to decide what to do. They still haven’t contacted me. I believe (though I’m not 100%) USPS can take up to 3 months to refund the money IF they do give you a refund. It would be too late to open a case by then.

Also, I hope they don’t want me to return the broken figurine. I told the seller I was going to keep it and I still wanted a refund. I glued the wings back on and put it up for auction. (Of course, I took pics before I glued the wings back on). There’s bids on it already and I’m not the kind of seller that will pull an auction out from under a potential buyer.

Thanks guys. I’ll let you know what happens. It’s my hope they’ll just refund the money and be done with it. I’m really not wanting to fight them over $20, but I will if I need to. Hey, that’s $20 I could put towards a Windstone!

jmoore
                Participant

I’m pretty sure eBay will require you to send the item back to the seller for eBay to refund your claim. They will hold the funds in the seller’s PayPal account and then refund it to you when tracking says the item was delivered back to the seller.

The seller can choose to refund you, I suppose, but I doubt they will without you sending it back. But that will be up to them.

Setsunawolf
                  Participant

If the seller wants the piece back, you have to return it. Otherwise, eBay won’t refund your money.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                    Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                    Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.