fbpx

Is this rude of me :(

Home Forums Miscellany Community Is this rude of me :(

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Xtharsa
    Participant

Xtharsa
      Participant

I bought a fledgling and a spectral dragon from millenium but thet said they were out of stock. I asked for a refund 2-3 days ago and got no reply so I sent another and here’s what I got…I did send the apoligy but I still feel bad but I didn’t feel I was angry just irritated… πŸ™ I offered him back the money he sent me back too…

“I was just worried since I received no reply…I would have waited and brought it up with paypal thats all lol. sorry was just irritated and worried I apologize for my rudeness. did you recieve my other email? or did I missend… I can pay for the other dragon. If you still want me as a customer. let me know if you want the $172 back. Melody said it was discontinued for fading… πŸ™

-sincere apoligeze,

Tanya

Date: Friday, July 17, 2009, 4:59 PM

WOW! That is an interestingly angry reply! We wrote to you to see if you wanted anything substituted for the fledgling. If we were trying to rip you off, we would not have e-mailed you, would we? I am just curious who you had planned to report me to. I am refunding your entire payment. I wold prefer to NOT have you as a customer. The red fire color has been discontinued. I hope you can still find one elsewhere. Have a great weekend!

Subject: Fledgling Refund

please return my money since you are out of stock or I will report you. It has been 3 days since that email you sent saying you were out of stock (red fire windstone fledgling)”

Laurie
        Participant

I’m a little confused, did they send you an email saying the fledgling dragon was out of stock and that was the email you sent them in return?

Pegasi1978
          Participant

purpledoggy wrote:

I’m a little confused, did they send you an email saying the fledgling dragon was out of stock and that was the email you sent them in return?

It does sound like that’s what transpired. You can see it easier if the emails are in the order they appear to be sent.

Xtharsa wrote:

Xtharsa sent: Subject: Fledgling Refund

please return my money since you are out of stock or I will report you. It has been 3 days since that email you sent saying you were out of stock (red fire windstone fledgling)”

millenium replied:
            Date: Friday, July 17, 2009, 4:59 PM

WOW! That is an interestingly angry reply! We wrote to you to see if you wanted anything substituted for the fledgling. If we were trying to rip you off, we would not have e-mailed you, would we? I am just curious who you had planned to report me to. I am refunding your entire payment. I wold prefer to NOT have you as a customer. The red fire color has been discontinued. I hope you can still find one elsewhere. Have a great weekend!

Xtharsa sent:
            “I was just worried since I received no reply…I would have waited and brought it up with paypal thats all lol. sorry was just irritated and worried I apologize for my rudeness. did you recieve my other email? or did I missend… I can pay for the other dragon. If you still want me as a customer. let me know if you want the $172 back. Melody said it was discontinued for fading… πŸ™

-sincere apoligeze,

Tanya

I can understand why they might not want you as a customer. I feel you could have worded things better in your initial response. Jumping straight to reporting them to someone was a bit much. Without seeing the initial “out of stock” email I can’t tell if they told you could substitute another piece for the one that went out of stock. If they forgot to tell you that, bad for them.

But YOU could have asked what your options were at that point – be they substitution or refund – before threatening anything.

Xtharsa
            Participant

I did there was an exchange of emails before this on wednesday were the lady told me they were out of stock and I politly asked for a refund. I didn’t hear anything from them for 3 days so then I sent that email slightly annoied

Tanya,
              Thank you very much for your order. The dragons are fabulous. I have the Spectral on the way and expect it in less than a week. I do not have any fledlings left, my apologies. Windstone is discontinuing the Red Fire finish and is no longer making them. I have all of the Red Fire except the Hatchling, Fledgling and Young. Is there another one you would like instead, or prefer a refund? I am sorry I am out of that one.

Blessings,

well I’ll just take the refund for now since I don’t have enough to get the bigger pieces right now. thank you so much though. πŸ˜€ best wishes

purpledragonclaw
              Participant

I understand your frustration, Xtharsa, but from a business perspective, I agree with pegasi. If you responded in such a rude way to me I would not want you as a customer either. It is important to maintain diplomacy when dealing in transactions with people; if you feel angry, give yourself time to calm down before contacting them. It is also possible that they sent you the e-mail and you never received it, for whatever reason; I have done business with companies that did that to me, but I told them and the mistake was corrected. I hope you find your Fledgling.

Skigod377
                Participant

I agree with Peg, too. It was a little too mean for such a short amount of time.

Xtharsa
                  Participant

well I apoligized and I gave him the money back… πŸ™

Lokie
                    Participant

So the timeline is:
                      This Wednesday she informed you the item was out of stock. And Wednesday you responded back with a request for a refund?

And you posted your thread on Friday with the two later emails which says you only gave them at most a day (Thursday) to respond to your refund request before you sent them that threatening email?

Please correct me if I’m mistaken.

“I will report you” is a threat, and I can see a business not wanting to do business with someone so willing to resort to that level before trying to do things amicably. There’s multiple reasons that they may have not responded (like they didn’t get the email; had but hadn’t had time to respond; needed a manger to do the refund; etc.), that aren’t malicious. Even if it was longer, a follow up/reminder email that’s cool headed would have been more appropriate. Threats really should be reserved for when you’ve made multiple attempts to let a company fix an error, and nothing else is working/getting their attention.

Not trying to beat you up; seems you were apologetic in your email and maybe you’ll take a different approach in the future if this issue ever arises =)

Lokie
                      Participant

Xtharsa wrote:

You were typing as I was typing. It’s obvious you feel bad but don’t keep beating yourself up over this. It happens and you learn from it. Not sure what money you mean…

Xtharsa wrote:

I’m not understanding the second part.

I can understand how you got antsy and demanded a refund or else… Time-lines are not the same for everyone.

On numerous occasions I’ve been a day late responding to something and been all worried and apologetic for the delay only to get “What delay? I only contacted you a couple of days ago.” So I know that what seems like forever to one person may be no time at all to another. This doesn’t excuse the threatening tone you employed; just explains it.

But you were given a full refund by way of terminating the business relationship, exactly as I would have done under the same circumstances. Are you saying you then sent some or all of the money back? Or that you placed a new order?

I am not the company you were dealing with, but their response was polite and professional, if completely gobsmacked. And your apology was disarming, if somewhat confused. Perhaps they will accept your apology and your money and you can both start over and everything will work out fine.

But don’t be too surprised if they say “No thanks,” and re-refund your money.

Xtharsa
                        Participant

he accepted it and is sending the rest of my order. I’m never sure about busnesses and sometimes its hard for me to comunicate with internet places correctly…I’ll remember for next time…I bought my dog online and I had to deal with alot of scammers so I was afraid that was going to happen

purpledragonclaw
                          Participant

You learned from your mistake and he accepted your apology. Everyone makes mistakes or has bad days. I’m glad he’s sending you your dragons.

me too. πŸ˜€

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.