fbpx

Is there no more One Per rule?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Is there no more One Per rule?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    PhoenixTears
    Participant

Out of the last few pieces that have gone up for sale, and flown out of the store so fast even in their small batches, it’s apparent several are again buying more than one (not just for friends). Is that One Per Customer rule been abolished, because from our end over here, we really appreciated it and it made the buying field much more fair. Now it’s like you don’t even have a chance anymore with the last couple things that have come out. *sigh* And yet another wait is on because the “dealers” are no where near us, nor do they have them in stock either.

β€œFate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

Hannah
      Participant

If you’re referring to the Grab Bag Unis that have gone up in the past few weeks, there’s a poll here for this very discussion:

http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forum/grab-bag-items-poll

If you’re referring to any of the other pieces, I’m not sure about those. I know the Grab Bags have been a hot item for a lot of people though so I believe it’s under discussion. Hope this helps!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
        Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

PhoenixTears
        Participant

I read about the Grab Bag situation and who bought a lot of them because she admitted she did. But, I understand her reasoning behind it. I’d like for everyone to have gotten one, however, she may have put a monkey toe in it initially but because she said she is reselling at store price AND anyone can probably get the one they want cause she’ll have photos, in this instance, I’ve no issue at all with that buy.

I’m referring to other pieces that have been coming up for sale, the latest being the EMPea Coiled Mother Dragon. It was already a small batch so they would have sold out quick even in the One Per rule. But I don’t see that there even is that rule any more and I am a HUGE advocate for it for personal reasons I do not wish to get embroiled in here and start a controversy in becoming misunderstood. I’ve seen that happen to someone, they put words on her mouth and attacked her so hard, she left. In fact she still gets anonymous account emails with Photoshopped photos of her animals – mutilated. And they are from forum members. We can’t say who (now would I) but we have a very good idea. This is what happens when people ASSuME things and decide to get a mob mentality to hurt someone who didn’t deserve it. It’s only for her love for Melody and her work that she continues to collect Windstone’s for the experience was and continues to be hair raising (and the IFCC or whomever can’t help us further).

Point is – in the case of the Grab Bag Unicorns, in this very case, I understand why the forum member did what she did AND how she is going to be so good about it, and do the right thing which is resell back the ones she doesn’t keep. And several lucky members will get to see which one they will get, ensuring they get the one they want (I’m not a fan of Grab Bag and neither is my cousin who is DESPERATE for a Buckskin as a memorial for her late horse; so happens the Young Unicorn is her absolute favorite sculpt out of anything, and the Young Black was the first WE piece she ever bought back in the mid/late 80s). She is hoping Melody makes an entire line of Buckskins so she can memorialize them to her horse by writing her horses name on the bottom and Not for Resale as well (it will go to her grave with her and I’m not kidding).

But the other pieces that are rushing out of the store, I’m positive more than one has been bought and will show up on ebay. Just a matter of time. We want our money to go to the artist who created the piece. And if it IS a small run, then it should most definitely be a One Per – even more especially if it will be a while till another batch comes out.

Sorry if this sounds gruff, but with store purchase issues and glitches as well as missing these pieces and a couple other things related to buying, we’re just a bit disenchanted and frustrated. I’m not yelling at anyone here. And the member who did buy up a lot of the Youngs – you need to KNOW I am not referring to you in ANY way, in a bad way. I read your admission and I understand what you did and what makes it alright in my eyes, is that you are reselling and willing to take PMs (ready for that nightmare?!) to resell at store price (which is key; golden key). For this, if it were only up to me, she’d be justified in doing just what she did.

Now, if someone gobbled up 4-5 EmPea Mother Dragons, keeps one, gives one to a friend (so far I’m fine with all that) but then sells the rest on ebay for profit; that chaps my hide and IMO gyps Melody and WE to the point I’d ENCOURAGE Melody to RAISE her prices to ebay prices because people are obviously willing to pay it and it SHOULD go to her. To be clear, I’m not accusing any one person of doing this. This is just my opinion and theory. And I know I’m not alone. There are tons of silent agreers here that will not stand up and side with me because they fear certain forum members because they can be bullies. And no, I refuse to name names!

Thank you for pointing me towards that other thread you put in your thread, Hannah. You’ve now helped me a few times and it’s much appreciated.

β€œFate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

Andrea
          Participant

Windstone gets paid whether I buy 20 pcs, or if 20 people buy 20 pcs. Melody has said before she doesn’t mind.
            As for the Em Pea Mothers, I’m pretty sure they were in the store for a bit. I think I checked yesterday and there was still an add to cart button. I had thought about buying one over a couple days but decided not to.

I dunno. I guess I think of it as if I were a store owner. I wouldn’t care if someone bought 20 pcs at a time. I’d actually like it as it saves on overhead in the long run. If someone asked me to police a “one per customer” situation, I’d laugh.
            I’ve said many times that Melody and Windstone is amazing at the lengths they go to for their fans, but at what point do the fans ask too much?

I don’t care one way or the other as most times it doesn’t affect me. If I don’t get a piece I want, then it wasn’t meant to be. In the end, it’s Melody’s decision πŸ™‚

PhoenixTears
            Participant

Whoa. You “sound” mad at me but I may not understand your tone of writing. You’re not getting what I’m saying. Did you read my whole novel? I had no problem with why the member did what she did with the Unicorns – I get it and I respect how she is going to resell. BUT the point about ANY piece I’m saying is when they get bought up with sole purpose of going to ebay for 3x the store price; history has shown this in cases (whether they’re members or not, no clue). I’d rather Melody get that EXTRA money since it can obviously go for that much. And remember, I am, like you, entitled to my opinion. Funny. I was just talking about you to someone just yesterday … and it was a very nice conversation and I was hoping you were going to wind up with the Frodo Unicorn.

You have not been reading my thread with MY personal glitches with the new site pertaining to the store. I saw NO sign of ANY EmPea Coiled Mothers, ever, until they suddenly popped up tonight and said out of stock. Several of us here have had the store up in one tab, 24/7 with its own refresh and our refreshing of the page. It never showed us anything; not even the text.

Sounds like my opinion got your ire up which was not my intention and out of everyone, I just find the irony in it when we were just discussing you specifically and hoping you got the Frodo looking Young Unicorn. I’m allowed to blow off steam, especially in my own thread; I’ve not singled anyone out and the one I did, I validated her and said I understood fully why she did what she did and respect how she is going about it even further. Theres no reason to be angry at me! Maybe you didn’t mean it but it sounds like you’re yelling AT me. They are my feelings and my opinions about a site thing and we’re all entitled to it but no one should feel attacked – including me.

I still hope you get that Frodo looking Unicorn, for what it’s worth because I know how much he means to you, much like my cousin’s late horse means to her and how much she prays to memorialize her with only work from Melody (Melody being the only artist worthy of creating a piece that would stand as a memorial to her special horse; she’s had many but this ONE was very, very special. Couple that with Melody’s talent and love of her work and what she puts in, it is only a WE piece that could honor her horse’s memory).

Anyone else out there needs not to take this as if I’m talking about you. The only person I spoke of directly here is the one member who admitted to buying many of the Grab Bag unicorns but with her superior explanation, I support her and am NOT against her.

Kujacker
              Participant

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand the whole, female member thing? Words in her mouth stuff? Did this person buy a ton of the same sculpt and get attacked because of it?
                You didn’t explain that very well, so I’m confused.

I think new items should have a one per rule. I do. I’m sure you read my comment on the grab bag poll.
                Another reason I prefer one per person rules for a short time is it gives everyone a chance to get an item. Not everyone is sitting on a computer all day long, and even if they are, that doesn’t mean they’re on this website. Having a one per rule helps the chances that as many people as possible have a chance to get new items.
                In fact, starting tomorrow (Thursday) I won’t be on my computer for 6 days. I’ll be at a clients house that doesn’t have internet access. If I do get a chance to be on it (only if I decide to drive home at some point), I’ll do the bare minimum (check emails etc) and that’s all. What if an item I wanted came into that store during this time? I’d be screwed without a one per rule. I’d probably be screwed anyway, since 6 days is quite awhile… but that rule would at least give me a chance to get said item.

Obviously, some people don’t care about being “fair”. We’ve seen this in the past, the original reason the one per rule was made, I’m sure.

But windstone is a business… as long as it sells, it’s good for them. So really, we can’t TELL them how to run their business. We can only hope they’re take into consideration what we say.

Kujacker
                Participant

Phoenix did not come off to me as mad or yelling… just saying.

And like you, I didn’t see the new coiled mother in the store until today. It wasn’t there yesterday, or the day before. I saw it today, and they were out of stock. I just assumed they went really fast.

Edit: Actually, from the post on facebook, it sounds like they were added to the store today. It was posted today and windstone has a comment of “They are gone already?!?” which implies that they were not in the store very long. So perhaps Phoenix is mistaken when she saw them.

PhoenixTears
                  Participant

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand the whole, female member thing? Words in her mouth stuff? Did this person buy a ton of the same sculpt and get attacked because of it?
                    You didn’t explain that very well, so I’m confused.

I didn’t say anything about a female member? The “she” I refer to had nothing to do with buying anything and has never bought anything in bulk. I’m not going to rehash what caused my cousin to leave here years ago but it was vicious, people put words in her mouth when she expressed something, it got spun around and then everyone took it as law and attacked her for it and before she could get out of the hospital the thread was locked. Since, she has been plagued with horrific anonymous emails of mutilated pix of her animals she shared here. Meanwhile, she and the person they thought she was talking about (it was never a forum member and we know this because the auction in question was a hidden auction and for old items but not rare ones; non-mint white uni family for well over $800 I think), never had any problem and talked about this right after it happened and remain fine to this day. But she left here because she just found too many ppl, too volatile. People don’t stand up for friends in fear they will be beaten down. And many, many other members have left as well because of the feel of the forum some time ago. Though this is not the main point of my post whatsoever.

You may not feel I was yelled at but I feel I was talked to gruffly. Thats how it hit me and I’m entitled to my feelings, like you and everyone else are. You put the One Per rule very nicely and eloquently.

scenceable
                    Participant

Phoenix’s post didn’t seem to be directed at you in general to me either, I think she was just adding her opinion to the discussion. πŸ™‚

I see your point though Sway. I think there’s a difference in general between the grab bag items and regular production items. In theory, someone might want to buy a whole ton of grab bags just to have all the different ones. But why would someone buy more than 1 of a production piece? To buy for someone else, or to resell, right? So the one-per rule makes more sense for production pieces than for grab bags.

But, in the end, it’s windstone’s decision. Like phoenix said they always try and respect their customers and be fair to everyone. I think you’re expressing a legitimate concern but I don’t think it’s necessary to make things personal or get upset.

Happiness, supporting each other, friends, flowers and unicorns and all that for everyone! :bigsmile: πŸ˜›

KoishiiKitty
                      Participant

” I’ve seen that happen to someone, they put words on her mouth and attacked her so hard, she left. In fact she still gets anonymous account emails with Photoshopped photos of her animals – mutilated. And they are from forum members. We can’t say who (now would I) but we have a very good idea. ”

Is this information really necessary to post? It seems rather personal. I recognize it must be a very sore and upsetting topic, but wouldn’t bringing this up publicly cause more people to get involved or assume things that don’t need to, something you say you do not want?

Aside from it being separate from your real query of ‘one per a person’ for store items.

Kathleen
                        Participant

I read your whole post Sway and totally understand what you are saying. I greatly appreciated the one per customer thing and that made me see just how much Windstone cares about all their customers and also see what love we have for their sculptures. So it makes me sad that the one per customer does not seem to be in effect anymore. πŸ™ (even if it was one per customer for just a couple of days would be great)
                          The sweetheart who is sharing in her young unicorn purchases is a perfect example of a true Windstone collector and fellow forum friend πŸ™‚ it is sad that not everyone is like this.
                          That being said I really hope it can be one per customer for production and say about two per customer for grab bag items so a person can keep their favorite and trade or sell the extra like Melody intended. πŸ™‚

Jennifer
                          Keymaster

I greatly appreciated the one per customer thing and that made me see just how much Windstone cares about all their customers and also see what love we have for their sculptures. So it makes me sad that the one per customer does not seem to be in effect anymore. πŸ™

I suspect that is not the case– we still care very much! Please remember we have just converted to a new store system, and Susie mentioned (and apologized) for forgetting the ‘one per customer’ thing in at least once case. The store was giving her grief about uploading the image and things were selling out before she had a chance to do much about it.

I’ve seen that happen to someone, they put words on her mouth and attacked her so hard, she left. In fact she still gets anonymous account emails with Photoshopped photos of her animals – mutilated. And they are from forum members. We can’t say who (now would I) but we have a very good idea.

Whoa! If someone from the forum is sending stuff like that you need to tell me about it. That’s not okay.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                            My art: featherdust.com

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

*blinks* In that instance of the photo shopped pictures, definatly get Jennifer involved in that one. That’s all I have to say there.

As far as the one per rule, we’ve beat this dead horse a thousand times. I think that Windstone is probably just trying to get used to the new software and I seriously doubt the rule is out the window. Probably just the last thing on their minds at the moment. Seems to me like Windstone has been really cranking out all of our “squeeks” here lately. Grab bags, Silver Fledgies, soon to come Silver Risers, and more and more items being restocked each day after being out of stock for nearly a year.

It sucks when we miss out on stuff, but we all just need to have a little patience. Windstone is doing their very best to make use all happy. I’m sure if they know an item is in high demand, they will make more. They want to make money just like everyone else. The Em Pea Coiled moms were stated in the description they were a small batch. (I thought I read that anyway) but they will eventually be available at dealers anyway. I think if someone wanted to sell something for a profit the Grab Bags would be what to target.

Unfortunately there weren’t enough for EVERYONE to get one and it seems sort of unfair when people have 2, 3, 4, or even more of them while some people are empty handed, but I’m sure Melody will paint more. All in all, I have seen a lot LESS of people buying sculpts to resell for profit and more people buying more then one because they want to KEEP more then one and in all honesty there’s nothing wrong with that.

Got a busted Windstone?
                              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin
                              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Leigha
                              Participant

Windstone gets paid whether I buy 20 pcs, or if 20 people buy 1 pc. Melody has said before she doesn’t mind…Windstone is amazing at the lengths they go to for their fans, but at what point do the fans ask too much?

This is exactly my view on the One per rule.

Windstone sets their prices. We buy it at their price. They get the money they want. Like Phoenix said, they make their money whether one person buys 20 or 20 people buy 1 each. Regardless of whether anyone sells theirs on eBay for 2 4 6 times as much as they paid, Windstone has still made store price from that piece.

They are a business. It’s great that they care enough about their customers on a personal level to institute a policy that tries to be “fair” to each buyer, but in the end

They are a business. They are not required to do these things.

So I’m ecstatic when it is employed and I’m able to catch a piece out of the first batch, but when it’s not, and I have to wait for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th batch, I just accept that it’s not and be as patient (>.<) as the ants in my pants allow me to be.

I hope that doesn't upset anyone, just my opinion of the institution of the rule and eBay in general.

Melody
                                Keymaster

Yes, I think we need continue to have a limit on purchases of new things, but the EmPea color has been around awhile; I didn’t think those would sell out!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.