fbpx

Is it wrong?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Is it wrong?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

OK. Need some input here…
      Is it OK to help Karma along?
      Story:

I sold a horse to a friend and let her make payments. I made certain she actually wanted the horse before bringing her home from the trainer. I was overwhelmed and the last thing I needed was to take care of another horse. I was very honest about how green the horse was and kept asking if she was sure she wanted her. Shannon adamantly said she wanted the horse so I brought her home in January and handed her over to Shannon.
      In this timeframe, my company was hiring so I offered a job to Shannon for way more then she was making at her current job. She came in for interview and we sent her an offer letter.
      Shannon writes back a day later saying her employer offered her more $$ and she wouldn’t be taking the job.
      Shortly after Shannon loses her job and can’t find another. I said too bad and that she could wait a month or two before making payments for horse.
      She gets her last paycheck and sends her son’s horse to trainer at $1100 for the month.
      She decides she’s going to ride Sari. I tell her to make sure her son rides first to get the kinks out. She doesn’t do it and ends up falling off the horse. Says she doesn’t want the horse anymore.
      Because we’re at the same barn, I have no choice but to take her back. So I do and send her back to trainer.

Now, I’m a pretty laid back person and I let her know what she did was just wrong and she put me in a spot but oh well.

Now she sent her son’s horse back to trainer and tells barn owner she’s not coming back. Barn owner asks what she’ll do with her tack room worth about $1000.
      Shannon calls me and asks if I want to buy for $700. I say sure, let me pay you $70 a month…

So do you think it’s OK to force Karma into action by letting a month go by and then telling Shannon I don’t want the shed anymore?

I try to the the right thing in life. Conscience is there for a reason and I *mostly* listen to mine. That said, I’m a HUGE supporter of justice and absolutely LOVE when people get what they deserve.

So… What do I do??

WolfenMachine
      Participant

I can understand where you’re coming from. I personally hope Karma gives everyone what they deserve. The good people should have great things happen to them and the bad people should…well you get the picture. I know it would feel good to stick her where she stuck you, but speaking as an outsider on the situation-it would probably be best to let her know right away that you’re not interested in the tack room (unless you are, then keep it). If you continue to be honest and up front with her, I believe The Universe will take care of her…and honestly it sounds like she’s already getting some karmic kick back-turned down an awesome job offer only to loose her job-falling off a horse (although you warned her, so that’s no one’s fault but her own)

I had an ex boyfriend who told me he’d come visit me at work. The hours wore on and he never showed. He was so drunk, he couldn’t come to visit me after work like he said he would. So, I got off work and, at 11PM, went to see him. I didn’t get very far from my house because a distracted driver ran a red light and totaled my car and put me in the hospital over night and in a wheel chair for two weeks. I was so mad at him, because if I had not been coming to see him, I would not have been on the road that night. (although since it was the other driver’s fault, I got a sweet settlement out of it, so I couldn’t stay mad). I found out later that about a year after my accident(and after he dumped me…OVER THE PHONE….while I was OUT OF TOWN….), he got into a very similar accident-but he was at fault-and it totaled his car. J) He was okay, don’t think Im heartless-but he got what he deserved, and I walked away with a clean slate and a clean conscious. Karma took care of it.

Just my two cents.

littleironhorse
        Participant

I’m with Wolfen on this. If she did this to you, you can be sure she’s done similar things to others. She’ll get what’s coming to her. Don’t muddy up your own karma by retaliating. It might me momentarily satisfying, but you’d hate yourself later.

Andrea
          Participant

So more to the story…
            I guess when Shannon was first getting into horses with her son, a lady sold them a horse for $1. The seller just wanted a great home for the horse and gave her a saddle, bridle, grooming supplies, smaller tack shed and blankets for the horse. All for $1.
            I guess Shannon offered to sell the tack shed to her for $1100. Trying to make a profit off of it from someone who had given her so much.
            I hate “takers”. Just take take take and everything works out for them. Ugh.

Anyhow, even though it’s no fun, I’ll be the better person. Sure was nice to dream though. LOL.
            Thanks all!

dragonmedley
            Participant

Nah, it’ll be too much hassle for you in the end… Chances are, she won’t even understand why you didi it. Just say yes or no and never have anything to do with her again.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

twindragonsmum
              Participant

I agree with what everyone else has said… You be the bigger person and not come down to her level and Karma will reward YOU for your actions and bite HER in the butt for her actions (though it is kinda fun to daydream revenge scenarios!) What goes around comes around – what you put out in the universe comes back to get you one way or another. I’m proud of you for taking the high road!

twindragonsmum 😉

tdm

Bodine
                Participant

Tell her,if she still owes you money,to swap out the tack room for the balance.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Carolyn
                  Participant

Glad the horse didn’t go to her . The horse didn’t need an owner like that .

Setsunawolf
                    Participant

I think you’re doing the right thing by not messing w/ her. It would only affect your Karma in the long run.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                      Sun Dragon Koi #3

Christine
                      Participant

Tell her,if she still owes you money,to swap out the tack room for the balance.

^^^

This!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.