fbpx

Is it just me

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Is it just me

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

Pegasi1978
      Participant

Or does the color look off on this Green Emperor Dragon?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINT-M-Pena-Windstone-Editions-Emperor-Dragon-Green_W0QQitemZ300078216480QQihZ020QQcategoryZ35873QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Was it just a bad camera angle making it look wierd?

And you have to love the seller in this auction saying “This beautiful piece is near mint, with just one tiny flea bite on the backside of his head”

http://cgi.ebay.com/WINDSTONE-EDITIONS-DRAGON-RETIRED_W0QQitemZ110087130673QQihZ001QQcategoryZ35873QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Flea bite my butt, that poor dragon is missing several scales!

SPark
        Participant

Uh… yeah! Apparently this seller doesn’t understand the definition of “flea bite!”

Andrea
          Participant

The green does look off.
            I have been wondering with all of the retired colors and the value of different pieces going up, if someone talented enough could turn a empea color into a full emerald or something like that.

And that could be a flea bite. It may have gotten infected. Or the dragon could be alergic!

Maria
            Participant

I think the green looks just like pip’s green OW. What am I missing?

Andrea
              Participant

I just can’t see any of the turquoise highlights. I am sure it’s just a bad picture.
                I don’t understand why one wouldn’t get the best pics possible to list something like this. They would probably get much more money if the pics were better.

Pegasi1978
                Participant

Ah they’ve changed the photo now to one with better lighting. Before they had a funny close up of the Emperor’s face and tummy and it make the colors look odd.

Maria
                  Participant

Ah – no wonder I couldn’t tell what was wrong! πŸ˜†

littleironhorse
                    Participant

Ah… I was wondering what you thought was strange about the picture since it looked fine to me. I guess I didn’t see the first picture.

And as far as copying an existing retired color to make a profit, I’ve asked myself that same question and I guess it could be possible… But Windstone have the colors specially mixed for them, they don’t come directly off the shelf, so it should be fairly difficult. Hopefully.

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

I know it’s a little hard to see but the thumbnail image is what the auction image looked like when I first saw it and asked about it.

The angles make it look like the dark green is black and the lighter green is almost “snot” colored.

Maria
                        Participant

You’ve got a point, peg. The new pic is much better.

Skigod377
                          Participant

The emporer looks normal to me, but that bite on the male looks more like a dog bite than a flea bite…

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† You guys are funny. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.