Is everyone near Fort McMurray, Canada safe?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Is everyone near Fort McMurray, Canada safe?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen
    Participant

I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone here. All the support and kind words mean so much. I was driving up to Fort Mac when that horrible head on collision occured. Its so sad as it was one of the firemens daughter and her cousin. ๐Ÿ™ I was driving up to get my husband and three other evacuees he took with him that had no transportation. They ran out of fuel like thousands others. My neighbour and I filled the back of my truck with diesel,gas, water and granola bars but its staggering when there are thousands of vehicles. Who to help first?
      Thank you to my Windstone family for everything. This community means the world to me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Laurie I sent you an email hope it gets through. ๐Ÿ™‚

Just a quick check in, our return date in June 3rd, then I’ll get to see how the house and everything is, thus fat from what I have heard thickwood is pretty much fine, not even smoke damage and the power wasn’t out long at all, at most a couple hours here and there so our appliances should all be ok. We will need fridges for the rentals because of the power outages up in gregoire, but all in all not too bad, still not internet so pictures will have to wait. It’s frustrating to be sitting and waiting to got home because it’s like waiting to start healing, I just want to go home and clean up.

Scathach
      Participant

Just a quick check in, our return date in June 3rd, then I’ll get to see how the house and everything is, thus fat from what I have heard thickwood is pretty much fine, not even smoke damage and the power wasn’t out long at all, at most a couple hours here and there so our appliances should all be ok. We will need fridges for the rentals because of the power outages up in gregoire, but all in all not too bad, still not internet so pictures will have to wait. It’s frustrating to be sitting and waiting to got home because it’s like waiting to start healing, I just want to go home and clean up.

My heart goes out to you. I’ve been watching from Toronto and it’s a scary and helpless feeling.

I hope that everything is intact when you get back home.

Life is beautiful.

Ela_Hara
        Participant

Yes, Good Luck with everything – Hoping for the Best…

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kathleen
          Participant

Yes Ruffian the wait sucks. I am going up with my husband to collect his stuff but unfortunately he cant move back into his condo yet. He hasnt even been called back to work. We are hoping by at least the end of June. We need some money coming in soon as savings is going down fast! Stupid bills ๐Ÿ˜›
            I am happy your properties are safe. We sold our condo awhile ago and started renting. Our old condo burned to the ground. We saw the satellite pictures and there is nothing left at all! Our condo was in Abasand.

Celestial Rainstorm
            Participant

I’m just so glad you’re safe. I can’t tell you how sad I am that this has been happening. Recently, as I live in Colorado, I drove through the Waldo Canyon scar, and three years later its still awful. But its also so frustrating because all news channels here have stopped covering anything involving the Fort McMurray Fire and all the information on the internet is such jargon I don’t know what’s the truth. I just hope you all can go home soon.

Finding happiness again.

Kathleen
              Participant

Yup not big news anymore so on with the new I guess.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.