Is everyone near Fort McMurray, Canada safe?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Is everyone near Fort McMurray, Canada safe?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    siberakh1
    Participant

Is everyone up near Fort McMurray, Canada safe? Last I heard, ruffian lived up there, but I don’t think she has been active on the Forum in some time. I’m not sure if anyone else on the Forum lives near there. It looks like the entire city (approximately 80,000 people) is being evacuated due to a large wildfire. The fire has already destroyed at least one neighborhood and still going strong.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSKCN0XU2D8

Stephanie
      Participant

I read about that last night. 🙁 So, so sad. I don’t know anyone up there but I hope everyone is safe. I can’t even imagine.

Marianne
        Participant

I sure hope so. Just terrible. My nephew was up at a camp job site in the bush in the area and they finally got out this morning. Just crazy.

Betrluk1
          Participant

I have been keeping an eye on the updates. What a terrible event. I feel very bad for the forestry chief. He is just devastated that there wasnt anything they could do. Wind is just to unpredictable.

Kim
            Blocked

I heard about that too which is a real shame. I am in Calgary a few hours south of there. My ex used to work up there. I don’t know anyone near there now but I know a lot of my friends have been posting on facebook that they could take people in in Calgary if they needed a place to go.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Scathach
              Participant

It’s terrifying to watch the news. I feel for those poor people, losing homes and businesses. I worry about the poor animals (domestic and wild) that have perished in the fire.

Very, very sad

🙁

Life is beautiful.

Bodine
                Participant

I’ve heard it has spread quite a bit more and more evacuations taking place.All we can do is watch and pray all of you are safe and you don’t lose your homes or lives.Be safe and good luck.You are in our hearts and minds.The Wards. 🙁

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Amstaff
                  Participant

Im in Nova Scotia, no where near there, but there are lots of people from here who are in Fort McMurray working. So far they have all reported in as safe….but it is so scary ….. just surreal. 🙁

Marianne
                    Participant

Me too. No where close but had family up there that drove out. The videos online of the dash cam drives out is insane. It looks like it is raining fire. So sad for the creatures big and small that lost there homes. Human and non human. Poor animals that didn’t make it. :’-(

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

Hope and Pray (Hard!) that they get the fires under control very quickly and help everyone!
                        Such terrible losses – devastating. 🙁

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kathleen
                        Participant

My husband finally got out yesterday then ran out of fuel so I started heading there to get him and three others he took with him. I got halfway before he called and said soneone stopped to help. He is now out of work with no pay. I am freaking out. I dont know if his condo is also gone. It wont be anytime soon before he is ket back to see if he list hus belongings. So many friends lost their homes. I dont know what else to say…Fort McMurray was my home. 🙁

Marianne
                          Participant

So sorry to hear this Jellyfish. Praying you will be one of the lucky ones that doesn’t lose your property. Going to take a while to get things up there going again. I guess my nephew is out of work for the time being too. They have 3 kids. 🙁

Kathleen
                            Participant

As long as everyone is safe thats all that matters but still its difficult to deal with. I also have three kids age five to ten. They dont understand. My husband had to register today in Edmonton as an evacuee and he said it was full. 🙁 we were alot luckier than most. I have an acreage outside Edmonton so have offered up my available pasture to livestock and room for trailers.

twindragonsmum
                              Participant

The news reports and video are truly awesomely horrific – praying hard, hard, hard for continued safety of our friends in the area…

tdm

tdm

Bodine
                                Participant

Oh Jellyfish,we are so sorry but glad they made it out.Stay safe dear.I sure hope you guys get rain and lots of it.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.