fbpx

Is everyone near Fort McMurray, Canada safe?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Is everyone near Fort McMurray, Canada safe?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Has anyone heard from Mr.Barry Kulchinski? Mr.Dave,Astral Castle?Both members here.

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

Scathach
      Participant

Has anyone heard from Mr.Barry Kulchinski? Mr.Dave,Astral Castle?Both members here.

Are they in Alberta?

Life is beautiful.

Scathach
        Participant

I’m sure that lots of people here have already donated to the Red Cross, Salvation Army, etc. but, if you haven’t and were planning a trip to your local Starbucks, Teavana, etc. today, how about forgoing that cup and send your $5 to the Red Cross?

Here’s the link for the Canadian Red Cross

http://www.redcross.ca/

It’s just a thought and every little bit helps.

You’d certainly want the help if you needed it, so why not pay it forward?

Life is beautiful.

Celestial Rainstorm
          Participant

Oh, Jellyfish, I am so sorry. I’m just glad you and your family are all right.

Finding happiness again.

Kathleen
            Participant

Thank you. The fire is worst today and now the plants have fully evacuated and shut down so it looks like my husband wont hace a job. He is a contractor there for the last twenty years but contractors wont get paid and first to be layed off. He is very upset. We wont get governmentassistamce either as he just rented there and doesnt have an address. I am really worried. Our place we did.own is burned ti the ground so it could be worst. We sold our place there two years ago and now commute to our acreage thats four hours away. My family is safe and thats all that matters. πŸ™‚ has anyone heard.from ruffian she lives there as well last I knew.

Ummm…I didn’t think anyone here knew where I lived :/ so I didn’t think to check in, sorry.

Yep we are aafe, were more fortunate then many, we had lots of time, two hours, to get prepped so we got our camper loaded up and were able to get all the pets and family members out, except my fish and to the best of my knowledge we have had power so with luck they’ll make it too. Our families are all over Alberta so we have had lots of places offered to us to stay at as well. When I get internet again I’ll post some pictures from our escape πŸ™‚

Scathach
              Participant

Thank you. The fire is worst today and now the plants have fully evacuated and shut down so it looks like my husband wont hace a job. He is a contractor there for the last twenty years but contractors wont get paid and first to be layed off. He is very upset. We wont get governmentassistamce either as he just rented there and doesnt have an address. I am really worried. Our place we did.own is burned ti the ground so it could be worst. We sold our place there two years ago and now commute to our acreage thats four hours away. My family is safe and thats all that matters. πŸ™‚ has anyone heard.from ruffian she lives there as well last I knew.

I’m really sorry to hear your news. Hang in there, it might take time, but something will come.

Life is beautiful.

Scathach
                Participant

Ummm…I didn’t think anyone here knew where I lived :/ so I didn’t think to check in, sorry.

Yep we are aafe, were more fortunate then many, we had lots of time, two hours, to get prepped so we got our camper loaded up and were able to get all the pets and family members out, except my fish and to the best of my knowledge we have had power so with luck they’ll make it too. Our families are all over Alberta so we have had lots of places offered to us to stay at as well. When I get internet again I’ll post some pictures from our escape πŸ™‚

Oh my! It must have been very scary. At least you had a bit of time and were able to get your family and pets out safely. I hope the fishes are ok, too.

Life is beautiful.

Scathach
                  Participant

Double post, sorry

Life is beautiful.

Kathleen
                    Participant

Happy to hear you are okay ruffian. I know where you live because years ago I bought some stuff from you and could just pick it up. πŸ™‚
                      Thank you scathach. πŸ™‚

We moved to thickwood since then I think, but we still own the place in gregoire (and a second one down the road down as well) and all three are safe.

Kathleen
                      Participant

I lived in Dickensfield first then Gregoire then Abasand. Not much left of Abasand. πŸ™ my husband just found out today he xannot move back into his Thickwood condo for at least another two to three months. If the sprinklers went off it could be even longer. I dont know where he will stay IF he gets his job back. πŸ™

Bodine
                        Participant

Oh sweet Jellyfish,I’m so sorry.Hugz!Fingers crossed it will all work out for the better.
                          You guys stay safe up there.

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
                          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                          Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

Kathleen
                          Participant

Thank you bodine. Things always work out in the end. πŸ™‚

siberakh1
                            Participant

I had a PYO swap and remembered from the holiday swap one year. πŸ™‚

Glad everyone is safe. Things are replaceable. People and pets are not. It’s so fortunate, considering how horrible and crazy this fire has been, that no deaths were caused by it (though there was a fatal accident in the evacuation). That is truly remarkable. This is truly a massive, scary fire. It could have been worse and most of the city was spared. I’ve seen photos and that water isn’t palatable in the city right now. Hopefully, people will be able to start moving back soon and rebuild and the businesses north in the oil sands get back up and online, so everyone up there can get back to work, including your husband Jellyfish. That will help everyone.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.