fbpx

Is anyone here familiar with this artist on ebay?

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Is anyone here familiar with this artist on ebay?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

I happened to see these cute little unicorn and kirin sculpts that this artist makes and sells on ebay and I am wondering if anyone has heard of them before? I don’t know if they would be part of this forum but if they make cute creatures like this too, I thought maybe some people here would like their work.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sovaeart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

moonbeam
      Participant

OH wow, these are super cute! I´ve never seen them before on ebay. I need to see, if I can afford a set of the Kirins. They are so adorable.

Sikek
        Participant

I’m familiar with them, I have been watching them on DeviantArt for some years.

I’ve also purchased a PYO of this sculpt as a gift before: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OOAK-Unpained-Artist-Resin-Kirin-Quilin-Japanese-Unicorn-Sculpture-Figurine-/161113033802?pt=Art_Sculpture&hash=item258315cc4a

The detail and quality is top notch. I was worried about such a fine detailed piece being shipped internationally but it was perfect on arrival, well packed. They are resin, so getting use to the light weight of the sculpt was surprising after handling so many heavy Windstones!

Bodine
          Participant

I’m just curious but isn’t that a copyright infringement on Toothless?He is good though.His little unicorns are adorable from the pics I’ve seen,can’t speak for the quality but by the reviews they seem to be well done.They look like it too.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Landipan
            Participant

I love this artist, she is amazing! I have the whole set of Kirins and want to eventually grab up the unicorns!

P.S you can also find her and her sculpts on Etsy!

*Formerly meowmix101
              Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Copper83
              Participant

I have some of her work and I’m very happy with it. I have Toothless and three blank baby kirins. That reminds me, they need to be painted.

Melody
                Keymaster

I know of her from Deviant art. She does gorgeous stuff! http://sovaeart.deviantart.com/

Falcolf
                  Participant

I’ve seen her stuff on Etsy, but I had no idea that she had an Ebay page. I’ve considered getting something from her one day.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Kim
                    Blocked

Oh that’s neat others are aware of her. I was thinking maybe she was a Windstone collector too or got some inspiration from here but would she be on the forum does anyone know? If not, that’s cool too but yeah it’s nice to see different artists’ pieces like this. I have collected unicorns since I was little but didn’t even know what kirins were until I saw the Windstone ones so was surprised to see other artists making their own versions. It’s cool!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Landipan
                      Participant

Oh that’s neat others are aware of her. I was thinking maybe she was a Windstone collector too or got some inspiration from here but would she be on the forum does anyone know? If not, that’s cool too but yeah it’s nice to see different artists’ pieces like this. I have collected unicorns since I was little but didn’t even know what kirins were until I saw the Windstone ones so was surprised to see other artists making their own versions. It’s cool!

Kirin’s are pretty popular in the art world from what I’ve found(And there are so many different visions of them which I find fascinating!), but I didn’t know too much about them until I got a how to draw dragons & fantasy creatures artbook and there was a small tutorial on a Kirin. That’s what sparked my initial love for the asian unicorn. And when I found the Windstone Kirin I ’bout exploded with joy!

*Formerly meowmix101
                        Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Scathach
                        Participant

I know her from Esty and eBay.

I have the KiRins and unicorns, which are not all painted, but are on my “to do” shelf.

Life is beautiful.

Falcolf
                          Participant

I didn’t know about kirins until Windstone; though I think they are still fairly rarely drawn/sculpted/rendered in art than other more common mythical beasties like European unicorns, centaurs and dragons.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Pam

So many kirins these days are suspiciously similar to Windstone Kirins.. (Goat or deer-like with scaled bodies and big fluffy tails)

Jennifer
                              Keymaster

So many kirins these days are suspiciously similar to Windstone Kirins.. (Goat or deer-like with scaled bodies and big fluffy tails)

I was drawing them that way before I knew about Windstone Kirins, but that’s because I love deer. Though I usually gave them thin tails. I’m sure other people are inspired, though!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                                My art: featherdust.com

drag0nfeathers
                                Participant

In Japanese culture they are pretty goat/deer like. I very much like Melody’s rendition of the Oriental Sun and Moon Dragons with the shorter snouts vs. the style you see often with the very long snouts, arms, and legs.

Got a busted Windstone?
                                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.